Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 51

post #751 of 3941
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonfuzed View Post


And that's exactly the reason I never tell my parents about anything I want to buy. I just get headphones and tell them that they magically appear and the pile of headphone gets bigger and bigger by time.

Funny you mention that, one time I let my friend take a listen to the WS55 with the bass cranked up to +2 on my E11. People like tons of bass rattling their skulls tongue.gif

Yea I tried not telling my parents. I bought an amp and then I ended up 40 miles away on my own paying rent xD. 

post #752 of 3941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Yea I tried not telling my parents. I bought an amp and then I ended up 40 miles away on my own paying rent xD. 

Haha, the trick is to always distract them when you have a new headphone on your head. The other day i walked in with my new HA S500's and my mom gave me a stare like this o_O (first time she see's me with this HP), i quickly thought of something she has been telling me to do for ages, so i told her that i just watered the plants and i am now going to clean my room xD. I always find a way to make it work wink_face.gif

post #753 of 3941
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonfuzed View Post

Haha, the trick is to always distract them when you have a new headphone on your head. The other day i walked in with my new HA S500's and my mom gave me a stare like this o_O (first time she see's me with this HP), i quickly thought of something she has been telling me to do for ages, so i told her that i just watered the plants and i am now going to clean my room xD. I always find a way to make it work wink_face.gif

My parent's aren't that stupid lol, 

post #754 of 3941
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightFlight View Post

 

On the SE530's?!? They deliver.  Perhaps he referred to bass as a form of the word to which we were not previously aware?

 

Dude. Guitars are just one small aspect. You like Floyd? Great. I've overplayed it and moved on. Try this.  Just the first thing off the top of my head that might blow you away: Cowboy Junkies - Renmin Park Vol. 1 (The Nomad Series) - Track 08. Circadas.

 

I love the whole album, but I especially love the space in that track. You might just like track 02 as well. biggrin.gif

Thanks for the tip RE: Cowboy Junkies. Great music! More music to enjoy is always a good thing, because in the end that's what all this audiophile obsessing is about, right? :)

post #755 of 3941
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfly View Post

Thanks for the tip RE: Cowboy Junkies. Great music! More music to enjoy is always a good thing, because in the end that's what all this audiophile obsessing is about, right? :)

Indeed, and here's a very audiophile reaction to an audiophile amp, that uses a non audiophile word

 

The K55+ JDS Labs C5 [bass boost]= a Lopsided wobble lol I still can't believe how silly it sounds A wobble usually covers equal distance from like 40-200 hrz, and the C5 kinda miss most of the wobbles upper bass lower mids leaving the entire wobble a little lopsided xD 

 

Drum n Bass how ever sounds epic 

post #756 of 3941

I was alone in a computer lab earlier, and I changed every computer's current website to a Beats-bashing thread here on Head-Fi. I don't usually evangelize, but it was just too convenient.

post #757 of 3941
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

I was alone in a computer lab earlier, and I changed every computer's current website to a Beats-bashing thread here on Head-Fi. I don't usually evangelize, but it was just too convenient.

I love you.

 

Edit: I hope it was this page: http://www.head-fi.org/t/543615/whats-the-deal-with-beats-by-dre


Edited by semaj8james - 8/20/13 at 9:18pm
post #758 of 3941

Nah, it was this one because I wrote it myself. Maybe next time...

post #759 of 3941
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

I was alone in a computer lab earlier, and I changed every computer's current website to a Beats-bashing thread here on Head-Fi. I don't usually evangelize, but it was just too convenient.

Lol. I think i have a new experiment for use at the library
post #760 of 3941

Operation Homepage has commenced

post #761 of 3941
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

Nah, it was this one because I wrote it myself. Maybe next time...

I was reading your M50 is 'dead' post last night! I wonder if that guy will ever tell us his >$100 headphones that are better than HD800's and Abyss.

post #762 of 3941
Quote:
Originally Posted by semaj8james View Post

I was reading your M50 is 'dead' post last night! I wonder if that guy will ever tell us his >$100 headphones that are better than HD800's and Abyss.
The Beats thread and the M50 thread are my two most popular (and controversial) threads. And yeah, trolls with be trolls.
post #763 of 3941
Quote:
Originally Posted by semaj8james View Post

I was reading your M50 is 'dead' post last night! I wonder if that guy will ever tell us his >$100 headphones that are better than HD800's and Abyss.

Maybe possible, if unamped. If run straight from his portable player the HD800 may be just too sizzly and not enough whack in the bass and it may run against his preferences. Making the HD800 less favourable. Abyss... not so sure.
But then again the M50 is incredibly rough and sibilant.

post #764 of 3941
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

Maybe possible, if unamped. If run straight from his portable player the HD800 may be just too sizzly and not enough whack in the bass and it may run against his preferences. Making the HD800 less favourable. Abyss... not so sure.
But then again the M50 is incredibly rough and sibilant.

Well the troll in that other post was speaking of some wonderphones that were better than any 'phone in the world, at less than $100. Also claims to have heard EVERY headphone in the world. No joke. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/591059/a-concise-view-of-why-the-ath-m50-is-no-longer-king/495

 

You were active in the thread so you know what I'm talking about, but for any others wanting a nice and funny read, hit that link an go 6 posts down. One of the best things I've stumbled upon here at Head-Fi.

post #765 of 3941
Quote:
Originally Posted by semaj8james View Post

Well the troll in that other post was speaking of some wonderphones that were better than any 'phone in the world, at less than $100. Also claims to have heard EVERY headphone in the world. No joke. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/591059/a-concise-view-of-why-the-ath-m50-is-no-longer-king/495

 

You were active in the thread so you know what I'm talking about, but for any others wanting a nice and funny read, hit that link an go 6 posts down. One of the best things I've stumbled upon here at Head-Fi.

Successful troll he was lol.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II