Dem town folks 'un ther stewpid Gewchies and Pradahs
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeatstagged by cb3723, 7/17/14
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- sound similar to he500 and a sennheiser HD6xx/hd580 question Last post on 12/5/14 at 10:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone dac/amp vmoda m100. Last post on 1/18/14 at 11:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio e7/e9 troubleshooting Last post on 1/4/14 at 6:39pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- O2 vs fiio Last post on 10/7/13 at 4:21am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 34
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've been getting and trading headphones for a few years now, but just now investing in some truly decent ones. I'm a former professional musician (jazz, blues, R&B, punk, etc), so I know what good sound is. My wife was happy to see me get some Grado SR-80i's and AKG K550's, but right away she said the AKG's were too strident, and "they sound different when they're in different places": a common problem with them. I got some Momentums to replace the 550's, and she immediately said they were more "full and warm". This is without me teaching her any of these words or exposing her to any of these sonic stereotypes.
I SO married the right woman.
Why even ask the question? I can't think of any non-audiophiles I know who would ever guess $1K or above even if they saw customs. I bet you do it for the looks on their faces, don't you?
Just had a look at your inventory, you have really enough 'on stock' to try this again!
P.s. one of the next headohones of desire i want to get is the ps1000, but the price in germany...
Edited by GermanGuy - 6/14/13 at 12:24pm
My inventory is actually larger than what's on my profile; I rarely update it. A lot of it tends to lie about the house, but the main cans that get use are the Mad Dog (my go-to casual listening can, as well as my choice at the workplace), ESP950 (for acoustic and quieter classical), KNS8400 (monitoring/mixing), T5p (mastering), and PS1000 (for the heaviest of rock). I also rock the S4 when I really don't feel like packing a full setup on the go. I tend not to bring anything over $350 out of the house or workplace anymore, as I've had a number of Westone IEMs and a few full-sizers that either were broken or "went missing".
I'd say to go for the PS1K if it's anywhere under 2500 Euro or so. It's superior to the HD800 if you listen to heavily-layered genres (at least to my ears). At above that price, you may find yourself happier with an SR007.
Took out my Grado SR325s and Audio-Technica AD2000s with my Amphora with a friend to test out. He knows that I'm really into this type of stuff and quite receptive to it. He really enjoyed both the Grados and the AD2000s. I was surprised at how well he described the sound signature of each: said that the AD2000s sounded a bit wider and had more focus on the vocals while the SR325s had more guitar tone and had more treble.
Then I brought out the F111s. He really loved those, thought they were the best out of all of them. Now he's looking for a $150 IEM himself.
I have had many of my friends listen to my denon d2000 that has the cups switched out to the d7000 cups and everyone of them have been wowed when i have them listen to production music. (two steps from hell, audiomachine, etc) The first thing they tell me is that it feels like they're in some surround sound theather with really good speakers.
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › Cayin C5DAC USB DAC Headphone Amplifier World Tour --Reviewers Wanted. 2 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 minutes ago
- › European Headphone Temporary Trading Club (Wanna try cans for... 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2