Dem town folks 'un ther stewpid Gewchies and Pradahs
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeatstagged by cb3723, 7/17/14
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- sound similar to he500 and a sennheiser HD6xx/hd580 question Last post on 12/5/14 at 10:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone dac/amp vmoda m100. Last post on 1/18/14 at 11:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio e7/e9 troubleshooting Last post on 1/4/14 at 6:39pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- O2 vs fiio Last post on 10/7/13 at 4:21am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
The ATH-CK9’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. Built and accessories: The ATH-CKR9 is a dual dynamic IEM featuring two 13mm drivers. The drivers are...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 34
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've been getting and trading headphones for a few years now, but just now investing in some truly decent ones. I'm a former professional musician (jazz, blues, R&B, punk, etc), so I know what good sound is. My wife was happy to see me get some Grado SR-80i's and AKG K550's, but right away she said the AKG's were too strident, and "they sound different when they're in different places": a common problem with them. I got some Momentums to replace the 550's, and she immediately said they were more "full and warm". This is without me teaching her any of these words or exposing her to any of these sonic stereotypes.
I SO married the right woman.
Why even ask the question? I can't think of any non-audiophiles I know who would ever guess $1K or above even if they saw customs. I bet you do it for the looks on their faces, don't you?
Just had a look at your inventory, you have really enough 'on stock' to try this again!
P.s. one of the next headohones of desire i want to get is the ps1000, but the price in germany...
Edited by GermanGuy - 6/14/13 at 12:24pm
My inventory is actually larger than what's on my profile; I rarely update it. A lot of it tends to lie about the house, but the main cans that get use are the Mad Dog (my go-to casual listening can, as well as my choice at the workplace), ESP950 (for acoustic and quieter classical), KNS8400 (monitoring/mixing), T5p (mastering), and PS1000 (for the heaviest of rock). I also rock the S4 when I really don't feel like packing a full setup on the go. I tend not to bring anything over $350 out of the house or workplace anymore, as I've had a number of Westone IEMs and a few full-sizers that either were broken or "went missing".
I'd say to go for the PS1K if it's anywhere under 2500 Euro or so. It's superior to the HD800 if you listen to heavily-layered genres (at least to my ears). At above that price, you may find yourself happier with an SR007.
Took out my Grado SR325s and Audio-Technica AD2000s with my Amphora with a friend to test out. He knows that I'm really into this type of stuff and quite receptive to it. He really enjoyed both the Grados and the AD2000s. I was surprised at how well he described the sound signature of each: said that the AD2000s sounded a bit wider and had more focus on the vocals while the SR325s had more guitar tone and had more treble.
Then I brought out the F111s. He really loved those, thought they were the best out of all of them. Now he's looking for a $150 IEM himself.
I have had many of my friends listen to my denon d2000 that has the cups switched out to the d7000 cups and everyone of them have been wowed when i have them listen to production music. (two steps from hell, audiomachine, etc) The first thing they tell me is that it feels like they're in some surround sound theather with really good speakers.
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 40 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 8 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 9 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 10 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Etymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones by Chiek
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2