Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 264

post #3946 of 3957
Some of the top 40 songs may not have good master like some other but I like listening to them too as I like the song itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by penmarker View Post

Buy a Yuin PK3, they're earbuds but they sound amazing. Maybe that can convince your friend to put something else on.
Oh and don't forget to get lossless files into a high end DAP too like maybe an AK240.

AK240 is overkill there haha but +1 for Yuin earbuds!
post #3947 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by penmarker View Post

Buy a Yuin PK3, they're earbuds but they sound amazing. Maybe that can convince your friend to put something else on.
Oh and don't forget to get lossless files into a high end DAP too like maybe an AK240.


Whoa there, slow down. We're trying to convert someone, not kill their wallets outright!


That can come when they get here. wink.gif


You going to the meet next Sat @ E1? If so I would love to try the Kommands
post #3948 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

Some of the top 40 songs may not have good master like some other but I like listening to them too as I like the song itself.
AK240 is overkill there haha but +1 for Yuin earbuds!

Go big or go somewhere else like a McDonalds or something.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post


Whoa there, slow down. We're trying to convert someone, not kill their wallets outright!


That can come when they get here. wink.gif


You going to the meet next Sat @ E1? If so I would love to try the Kommands

I want to, my Aune T1 is still away for repairs and I haven't tried them on with any amplifications yet.

 

I hope you have big ears, I can't get a good seal since the nozzle filter is big and the tips are big.

post #3949 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainHeaven View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post



Huh. With my gear people almost always notice the clarity first.

 



Ah, that reminds me. I let someone try my DITA Answer IEMs at school on Friday. He listened and told me it was a lot more crisper. Then I told him the price and he was freaking out ($650). "You're a real music listener!" That response made me quite happy instead of the usual "Why would you spend so much?"


E1 SG or MY?
post #3950 of 3957
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post


Whoa there, slow down. We're trying to convert someone, not kill their wallets outright!


That can come when they get here. wink.gif


You going to the meet next Sat @ E1? If so I would love to try the Kommands


Yeah, start him out slow, sans clip zip or the like...once you got him hooked, then you reel him in.

post #3951 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearFNF View Post
 


Yeah, start him out slow, sans clip zip or the like...once you got him hooked, then you reel him in.

 

I agree. IMO, when someone just experienced a quantum leap in SQ, that person will later on return it as the improvement in sound still won't justify the price. However, a small leap will keep that person craving for better sound thus making that expensive DAP worth the price since that person can now justify the price by being better than the slightly cheaper DAPs.

post #3952 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforIEMs View Post


E1 SG or MY?

E1 MY.

post #3953 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by penmarker View Post

E1 MY.

Aww sads id like to visit the MY store some day... its a pity I have Os now ; (
post #3954 of 3957
Originally Posted by penmarker View Post

Buy a Yuin PK3, they're earbuds but they sound amazing. Maybe that can convince your friend to put something else on.

Oh and don't forget to get lossless files into a high end DAP too like maybe an AK240.

   Hey! My wallet! I might as well give him my wallet, and let him use my money to buy some high-end cans. Actually, that inspires a good idea. A fund to give non-audiophiles good headphones! All that aside, I do like the idea of letting him try good-sounding earbuds! I just hope his hearing isn't damaged. He listens to music kinda loudly..:confused:

 

Originally Posted by bearFNF View Post

Yeah, start him out slow, sans clip zip or the like...once you got him hooked, then you reel him in.

   Hook, DAP, sinker, done!

 

Originally Posted by theveterans View Post

I agree. IMO, when someone just experienced a quantum leap in SQ, that person will later on return it as the improvement in sound still won't justify the price. However, a small leap will keep that person craving for better sound thus making that expensive DAP worth the price since that person can now justify the price by being better than the slightly cheaper DAPs.

   Here's how I see it: It's best to upgrade to better cans first, as long as they're efficient. When I got my AD700, I immediately fell in love with it. It sounds fantastic out of everything I have! My Q701 seems to pale in comparison, because it only sounds great out of my best(non-portable) DAPs. Upgrading to better amps/DAPs costs a lot, plus you have to know what you're looking for! So I say it's best to start simple. Start with cans.

    And that's what I'm going to do. I'll stick to the form-factor my friend likes; With a can that not only sounds good, but sounds good out of whatever DAP he has.

post #3955 of 3957

You can actually take him for a tour at an equipment store, they got better stuff and you can test them out for free. Of course spend some money there at least get some replacement silicone eartips maybe since you wouldn't want to listen to their demo stuff for free.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookingforIEMs View Post


Aww sads id like to visit the MY store some day... its a pity I have Os now ; (

What's Os?

I have never been there yet. I've only been at Jaben Subang, Jaben Nu Sentral, and Stars Pickers Damansara.

post #3956 of 3957
think I turned one of my friends into the money sucking world of audio. She (friend zone kids. Don't even.) wants to get a Senn HD518, Audio-Technica Ath-M50 and a FiiO e07k. (ONE OF US! ONE OF US!)
post #3957 of 3957
I think Fiio X1 is a fantastic cheap DAP for those who want great sound on-the-go, perfect for luring unassuming people into the world of better sound. Pair that with decent IEM's and you're set. Money is no issue either, since you can get X1 plus ~100€ pair of earphones for the price of an iPod.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II