Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 263

post #3931 of 3937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danpyre View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'd be more inclined to counter your argument if you had quoted the right words.  If you, for some reason, want to know why I think there aren't any other audiophiles at my school, I'll explain.
1) I live in West Virginia.  Do research on this state, and you'll know what I mean.
2) I've already tried to see if there are any others like me.  In the band, the best headphones besides mine are $40 Sony on ear headphones.  The best headphones I have seen in the school are Beats Pro's.  Other than that, I've seen wireless Sony's, my own WoodTones, Apple Earpods, fake Monster on ear DNA's.
3) The only people I haven't really checked are all of the teachers, and music theory.  Those are the most likely to have good HP's.

Maybe make a badge that you can wear/clip on your bag. "The only audiophile in school" "We are a special breed" "Alpha Delta Phi" are some ideas.

In other news, I have rediscovered my love for grado smily_headphones1.gif cheap but awesome for the price
post #3932 of 3937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danpyre View Post

I'd be more inclined to counter your argument if you had quoted the right words.  If you, for some reason, want to know why I think there aren't any other audiophiles at my school, I'll explain.
1) I live in West Virginia.  Do research on this state, and you'll know what I mean.
2) I've already tried to see if there are any others like me.  In the band, the best headphones besides mine are $40 Sony on ear headphones.  The best headphones I have seen in the school are Beats Pro's.  Other than that, I've seen wireless Sony's, my own WoodTones, Apple Earpods, fake Monster on ear DNA's.
3) The only people I haven't really checked are all of the teachers, and music theory.  Those are the most likely to have good HP's.

I personally carry my TekFusion TwinWoofer around with me when I am out to keep things low and sometimes I act dumb about audio when reaching out new people.
post #3933 of 3937
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post


I personally carry my TekFusion TwinWoofer around with me when I am out to keep things low and sometimes I act dumb about audio when reaching out new people.

 

Not even kidding, I had a dream about those TwinWoofer IEMs last night. I don't ever dream about headphones, so that was pretty weird.

 

I've just booked flights for overseas in January, and I've got some flights for work coming up next month, I have every intention of using my FiiO X5 stack with CIEMs and/or Mad Dogs whilst on the flight. 

 

I would laugh if I saw someone else rocking a similar setup.. 

 

Would you say anything to them if you saw something similar? 

post #3934 of 3937
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

Not even kidding, I had a dream about those TwinWoofer IEMs last night. I don't ever dream about headphones, so that was pretty weird.

I've just booked flights for overseas in January, and I've got some flights for work coming up next month, I have every intention of using my FiiO X5 stack with CIEMs and/or Mad Dogs whilst on the flight. 

I would laugh if I saw someone else rocking a similar setup.. 

Would you say anything to them if you saw something similar? 

The TwinWoofer is amazing IMO but you need to believe in driver "burn-in" in order for TwinWoofer to do the magic.

I will actually say hi and have a good chat with him if I say someone with good rigs while on a flight. It's going to be a long journey so a good chat will help to kill boredom biggrin.gif
post #3935 of 3937
i nearly vomited at the sight of my friend pretending to be a DJ with a pair of razer krakens.
post #3936 of 3937
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripBitShooter View Post

i nearly vomited at the sight of my friend pretending to be a DJ with a pair of razer krakens.
please... Go on. I wanna hear about this. LOL popcorn.gif
post #3937 of 3937
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripBitShooter View Post

i nearly vomited at the sight of my friend pretending to be a DJ with a pair of razer krakens.

Oh, good Lord.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II