Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 263

post #3931 of 3943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danpyre View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'd be more inclined to counter your argument if you had quoted the right words.  If you, for some reason, want to know why I think there aren't any other audiophiles at my school, I'll explain.
1) I live in West Virginia.  Do research on this state, and you'll know what I mean.
2) I've already tried to see if there are any others like me.  In the band, the best headphones besides mine are $40 Sony on ear headphones.  The best headphones I have seen in the school are Beats Pro's.  Other than that, I've seen wireless Sony's, my own WoodTones, Apple Earpods, fake Monster on ear DNA's.
3) The only people I haven't really checked are all of the teachers, and music theory.  Those are the most likely to have good HP's.

Maybe make a badge that you can wear/clip on your bag. "The only audiophile in school" "We are a special breed" "Alpha Delta Phi" are some ideas.

In other news, I have rediscovered my love for grado smily_headphones1.gif cheap but awesome for the price
post #3932 of 3943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danpyre View Post

I'd be more inclined to counter your argument if you had quoted the right words.  If you, for some reason, want to know why I think there aren't any other audiophiles at my school, I'll explain.
1) I live in West Virginia.  Do research on this state, and you'll know what I mean.
2) I've already tried to see if there are any others like me.  In the band, the best headphones besides mine are $40 Sony on ear headphones.  The best headphones I have seen in the school are Beats Pro's.  Other than that, I've seen wireless Sony's, my own WoodTones, Apple Earpods, fake Monster on ear DNA's.
3) The only people I haven't really checked are all of the teachers, and music theory.  Those are the most likely to have good HP's.

I personally carry my TekFusion TwinWoofer around with me when I am out to keep things low and sometimes I act dumb about audio when reaching out new people.
post #3933 of 3943
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post


I personally carry my TekFusion TwinWoofer around with me when I am out to keep things low and sometimes I act dumb about audio when reaching out new people.

 

Not even kidding, I had a dream about those TwinWoofer IEMs last night. I don't ever dream about headphones, so that was pretty weird.

 

I've just booked flights for overseas in January, and I've got some flights for work coming up next month, I have every intention of using my FiiO X5 stack with CIEMs and/or Mad Dogs whilst on the flight. 

 

I would laugh if I saw someone else rocking a similar setup.. 

 

Would you say anything to them if you saw something similar? 

post #3934 of 3943
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

Not even kidding, I had a dream about those TwinWoofer IEMs last night. I don't ever dream about headphones, so that was pretty weird.

I've just booked flights for overseas in January, and I've got some flights for work coming up next month, I have every intention of using my FiiO X5 stack with CIEMs and/or Mad Dogs whilst on the flight. 

I would laugh if I saw someone else rocking a similar setup.. 

Would you say anything to them if you saw something similar? 

The TwinWoofer is amazing IMO but you need to believe in driver "burn-in" in order for TwinWoofer to do the magic.

I will actually say hi and have a good chat with him if I say someone with good rigs while on a flight. It's going to be a long journey so a good chat will help to kill boredom biggrin.gif
post #3935 of 3943
i nearly vomited at the sight of my friend pretending to be a DJ with a pair of razer krakens.
post #3936 of 3943
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripBitShooter View Post

i nearly vomited at the sight of my friend pretending to be a DJ with a pair of razer krakens.
please... Go on. I wanna hear about this. LOL popcorn.gif
post #3937 of 3943
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripBitShooter View Post

i nearly vomited at the sight of my friend pretending to be a DJ with a pair of razer krakens.

Oh, good Lord.

 

EDIT: I actually have a pair of Razer Krakens right here. You just gave me an idea. :D


Edited by thatBeatsguy - 10/20/14 at 6:27am
post #3938 of 3943
NO DONT DO IT @thatBeatsguy.

Lol nvm just do it.

@DisCHORDDubstep i just looked away and stared at my M50x and FiiO X1. I stopped feeling legit dizzy after a while.
Edited by TripBitShooter - 10/20/14 at 7:39am
post #3939 of 3943

Razer Kraken sounds like a goose trying to imitate a piano.

post #3940 of 3943
i think the E panda limited edition one sounds different from the original. it sounds really dry. also very mid bassy
post #3941 of 3943
Quote:
Originally Posted by penmarker View Post
 

Razer Kraken sounds like a goose trying to imitate a piano.

LOL. Can't say it sounds honky though; just really, really veiled and bassy.

post #3942 of 3943

   Sheesh, I can't even get a reaction from a friend/non-audiophile who sits next to me in college. Every day, he listens to downloaded mp3s on his laptop using generic earbuds. Today, I brought out my V-80 and asked if he wanted to try it out(for better isolation from the noisy classroom.) He told me that he actually prefers the form factor of earbuds, turning the V-moda down entirely. :triportsad:

 Apparently, he has some $20 Monoprice headphones at home, so he doesn't totally dislike over/on-ear headphones. I need to find a way to get some good cans on his head! Maybe I could try showing him some music from MY laptop.

   Oh, and no way you're the only audiophile at your school...or West Virginia, for that matter, Danpyre. We audiophiles do tend to be hidden, because we use custom IEMs and open-backed cans that should stay at home. Just try to keep your mind off of searching for them, and they'll pop up.


Edited by CaveManta - Today at 6:44 pm
post #3943 of 3943
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveManta View Post
 

Sheesh, I can't even get a reaction from a friend/non-audiophile who sits next to me in college. Every day, he listens to downloaded mp3s on his laptop using generic earbuds. Today, I brought out my V-80 and asked if he wanted to try it out(for better isolation from the noisy classroom.) He told me that he actually prefers the form factor of earbuds, turning the V-moda down entirely. :triportsad:

Apparently, he has some $20 Monoprice headphones at home, so he doesn't totally dislike over/on-ear headphones. I need to find a way to get some good cans on his head! Maybe I could try showing him some music from MY laptop.

Oh, and no way you're the only audiophile at your school...or West Virginia, for that matter, Danpyre. We audiophiles do tend to be hidden, because we use custom IEMs and open-backed cans that should stay at home. Just try to keep your mind off of searching for them, and they'll pop up.

Just like what we say over here in the Philippines: "If you're having trouble looking for something, don't look for it; it'll look for you."

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II