Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 241

post #3601 of 3803

Guys, I´m hopeless.

Got some automatic subscriptions e-mail, so ran trough its topics, and found this one. Started to read very good and funny things at first page, one poster mentioning about 10 pages. Then went down and saw 240 pages of utterly nonsense geeks trolling - in which I fit pefectly and which is so funny! I dare you guys, who do you think will read 240 pages of text in dark evenings? :-D Okay, I´ll do that.

 

And here´s mine:

I´m not really audiophile, but I like healthy quality, power and ranges of every kind of device. Just like to have that usefull quality, power and headroom for emergencies, unlike that crap which when you "put that thing(some torture)", it will catch fire :-) I believe many of you are that way.

 

It´s some time when I bought Emgeton E5 Cult MP3 player and Sennheiser PX 100s. Total cost was about $400 these days if memory serves me well. I took it eveywhere and listened everywhere, so people finally started to ask why do I do that all the time, and what do I see on just MP3 player and tinny headphones? I said "well, it´s just good quality and powerfull setup I like". Many people wanted to listen it, and all of those (usually bassheads) always freaked out when they listened it, with those headphones literally jumping on their heads (yes, PX can have powerfull bass).Then I really had people coming to listen it and then buy their own set of E5 and PX100. :-)

I have the same with moderately cheap cam - Canon EOS M. People say something like "you took just this compact cam? If I knew it, I could take that shot with my phone instead". And when they see/feel that result, they go OMG, and I go laughing "TROLLFACE".

It´s funny, how people understand to qualities, like it very much, but very small percentage of people goes for it. Why is that?....

post #3602 of 3803
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashPC View Post
 

It´s funny, how people understand to qualities, like it very much, but very small percentage of people goes for it. Why is that?....

 

Plenty of reasons for this. It may not be worth the money to them despite hearing the audio quality. They are probably not that enthusiastic about music and audio as the most of us on Head-fi. Etc, etc.

post #3603 of 3803

I'm sure there are people who honestly feel their gear is superior to that of some expensive audiophile setup. I know people who enjoy their Razer gear above all else even after they went to a Headfi meet. Sounds crazy, but it's true.

post #3604 of 3803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_wizzie View Post

I'm sure there are people who honestly feel their gear is superior to that of some expensive audiophile setup. I know people who enjoy their Razer gear above all else even after they went to a Headfi meet. Sounds crazy, but it's true.
Well, sound is subjective... tongue.gif
post #3605 of 3803
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainHeaven View Post
 

 

Plenty of reasons for this. It may not be worth the money to them despite hearing the audio quality. They are probably not that enthusiastic about music and audio as the most of us on Head-fi. Etc, etc.


Yes, can be. But I often get into situation when I show them that thing, they like it and they also often buy it. They just didn´t have the right impulse or somehow didn´t know about it - didn´t go for it, even when all objective requirements are met. Somehow passive people.

post #3606 of 3803

So I've had a pair of Q701s for a fair while, and like to let my family listen to it. My mother was pretty impressed with it when I first demoed them with an E17. She could tell they were better, but the cost probably still wasn't worth it to her.

 

Fast forward to more recently: I had just purchased a Schiit Vali, and had her try again with Carry On Wayward Son... she didn't realize she'd started singing along.

post #3607 of 3803
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashPC View Post
 

Guys, I´m hopeless.

Got some automatic subscriptions e-mail, so ran trough its topics, and found this one. Started to read very good and funny things at first page, one poster mentioning about 10 pages. Then went down and saw 240 pages of utterly nonsense geeks trolling - in which I fit pefectly and which is so funny! I dare you guys, who do you think will read 240 pages of text in dark evenings? :-D Okay, I´ll do that.

 

And here´s mine:

I´m not really audiophile, but I like healthy quality, power and ranges of every kind of device. Just like to have that usefull quality, power and headroom for emergencies, unlike that crap which when you "put that thing(some torture)", it will catch fire :-) I believe many of you are that way.

 

It´s some time when I bought Emgeton E5 Cult MP3 player and Sennheiser PX 100s. Total cost was about $400 these days if memory serves me well. I took it eveywhere and listened everywhere, so people finally started to ask why do I do that all the time, and what do I see on just MP3 player and tinny headphones? I said "well, it´s just good quality and powerfull setup I like". Many people wanted to listen it, and all of those (usually bassheads) always freaked out when they listened it, with those headphones literally jumping on their heads (yes, PX can have powerfull bass).Then I really had people coming to listen it and then buy their own set of E5 and PX100. :-)

I have the same with moderately cheap cam - Canon EOS M. People say something like "you took just this compact cam? If I knew it, I could take that shot with my phone instead". And when they see/feel that result, they go OMG, and I go laughing "TROLLFACE".

It´s funny, how people understand to qualities, like it very much, but very small percentage of people goes for it. Why is that?....


I am much the same I think. I don't consider myself an audiophile by any means. I just have two things that constantly bug me. I love good quality, and I really hate buyers remorse.

 

Making a good buy is hard, often you get sidetracked by a lot of useless stats or irrelevant requirements instead of just trying stuff out.

post #3608 of 3803
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachBot View Post

Well, sound is subjective... tongue.gif

+20 xD
post #3609 of 3803
Quote:
Originally Posted by girion View Post
 


I am much the same I think. I don't consider myself an audiophile by any means. I just have two things that constantly bug me. I love good quality, and I really hate buyers remorse.

 

Making a good buy is hard, often you get sidetracked by a lot of useless stats or irrelevant requirements instead of just trying stuff out.

Paradox of choice! Choices are suppose to give me the means to pick what we want most, but often we end up leaving a store thinking we could have made a better choice... exhausted thinking about every possibility... And we end up less happy and less willing to participate. ;)

 

Even being able to try stuff out is difficult for most people though.

post #3610 of 3803
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAS1000 View Post


I'm offended, I'm 15 too you know!

I find that people around the age 13-15, with good audio equipment or not often have a bad music taste (no offense! definetly doesnt apply to everybody

I've only got a few friends with good music taste but they're all rap

They usually go for shallow, bassy catchy stuff or whatever with little artistic depth, like pop, big rewm haus, trap, junk rap
I absolutely love psychedelic rock, but i still find myself coming back to electronic often because it's just so much easier to, it's the current music so thats what the people around you listening and plus, the artists are still alive lol

only four or five bands i like are still making music :(

 

also at such a young age there are more important things to buy than a desk full of headphones...

im sitting here with 3 headphones and 5 iems when i could be saving up to finally get a phone... or car... or house :mad:

 

Anyway

Last month I lost my clip+, poor guy, but a friend who wasn't using their ipod nano gave hers to me,

later my mummy's new!! iPhone 4 GS broke so she went over to the apple store, i was playing around with my nano and the guy helping my mummy asked me if the sound quality was good... lol

 

(it wasn't the sound quality is pretty bad)

(prefer my $40 clip any day)

(hell i even prefer the hardware more, this scroll wheel must be made out of recycled t-shirts or something)

post #3611 of 3803
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopsockk View Post
 

I find that people around the age 13-15, with good audio equipment or not often have a bad music taste (no offense! definetly doesnt apply to everybody

I've only got a few friends with good music taste but they're all rap

They usually go for shallow, bassy catchy stuff or whatever with little artistic depth, like pop, big rewm haus, trap, junk rap
I absolutely love psychedelic rock, but i still find myself coming back to electronic often because it's just so much easier to, it's the current music so thats what the people around you listening and plus, the artists are still alive lol

only four or five bands i like are still making music :(

 

also at such a young age there are more important things to buy than a desk full of headphones...

im sitting here with 3 headphones and 5 iems when i could be saving up to finally get a phone... or car... or house :mad:

 

Anyway

Last month I lost my clip+, poor guy, but a friend who wasn't using their ipod nano gave hers to me,

later my mummy's new!! iPhone 4 GS broke so she went over to the apple store, i was playing around with my nano and the guy helping my mummy asked me if the sound quality was good... lol

 

(it wasn't the sound quality is pretty bad)

(prefer my $40 clip any day)

(hell i even prefer the hardware more, this scroll wheel must be made out of recycled t-shirts or something)

Taste develops as you go up the ladder I suppose.

 

My dt990s resolve so well that songs that are brickwalled sounds fatiguing to the ear.

Needless to say, I've started listening to oldies because most of them aren't brickwalled.:dt880smile: 

post #3612 of 3803
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopsockk View Post
 

I find that people around the age 13-15, with good audio equipment or not often have a bad music taste (no offense! definetly doesnt apply to everybody

I've only got a few friends with good music taste but they're all rap

They usually go for shallow, bassy catchy stuff or whatever with little artistic depth, like pop, big rewm haus, trap, junk rap
I absolutely love psychedelic rock, but i still find myself coming back to electronic often because it's just so much easier to, it's the current music so thats what the people around you listening and plus, the artists are still alive lol

only four or five bands i like are still making music :(

 

also at such a young age there are more important things to buy than a desk full of headphones...

im sitting here with 3 headphones and 5 iems when i could be saving up to finally get a phone... or car... or house :mad:

 

Anyway

Last month I lost my clip+, poor guy, but a friend who wasn't using their ipod nano gave hers to me,

later my mummy's new!! iPhone 4 GS broke so she went over to the apple store, i was playing around with my nano and the guy helping my mummy asked me if the sound quality was good... lol

 

(it wasn't the sound quality is pretty bad)

(prefer my $40 clip any day)

(hell i even prefer the hardware more, this scroll wheel must be made out of recycled t-shirts or something)

 

Be honest with you, I don't hear a difference between the , both set to flat at least.

This is basically what I listen to.

 

 

 

 

 

post #3613 of 3803
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopsockk View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAS1000 View Post


I'm offended, I'm 15 too you know!

I find that people around the age 13-15, with good audio equipment or not often have a bad music taste (no offense! definetly doesnt apply to everybody

I've only got a few friends with good music taste but they're all rap

They usually go for shallow, bassy catchy stuff or whatever with little artistic depth, like pop, big rewm haus, trap, junk rap
I absolutely love psychedelic rock, but i still find myself coming back to electronic often because it's just so much easier to, it's the current music so thats what the people around you listening and plus, the artists are still alive lol

only four or five bands i like are still making music :(

 

also at such a young age there are more important things to buy than a desk full of headphones...

im sitting here with 3 headphones and 5 iems when i could be saving up to finally get a phone... or car... or house :mad:

 

Anyway

Last month I lost my clip+, poor guy, but a friend who wasn't using their ipod nano gave hers to me,

later my mummy's new!! iPhone 4 GS broke so she went over to the apple store, i was playing around with my nano and the guy helping my mummy asked me if the sound quality was good... lol

 

(it wasn't the sound quality is pretty bad)

(prefer my $40 clip any day)

(hell i even prefer the hardware more, this scroll wheel must be made out of recycled t-shirts or something)

I am 17 but my Last.FM pretty much reflects what I listen to. I guess you can say my most played artists are crap but there are some few good ones. 

post #3614 of 3803
I normally listen to electronic and whatever Thousand Foot Krutch and OneRepublic are defined as.
post #3615 of 3803

Headphones broadened my taste immensely from rock and metal to just about any genre. Among others, folk, classic, jazz, acoustic, singer-song writer, blues, a little electronic so on so forth. Good music isn't really genre dependent, though I have my preferences.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II