Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 236

post #3526 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvyMarvy View Post
 

I've let a few of my teachers try my dt770 pros and all of them had the funniest look on their faces. It's almost amazing how they say, why would you spend more then 100$ on headphones are you crazy. Then I say well I enjoy my music and I'm aware of most things other's are not aware of. BTW if you own any beyers or any bass heavy headphones with a large soundstage listen to this song by tipper ( life raft for a death trip and gulch) tell me what you think please :)

Only one or two of my teachers know why I like my "toys" and often ask about speakers instead... I think they are two different things. Speakers is a much bigger topic of headphones and the like. A small changes can affect the speaker @.@

post #3527 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post

Haha, why would you have a Schiit stack in your backpack? I'll slap em with my V-Modas.

Chances are the Shiit stacks are at our desks during a lecture and that one guy came in late.
post #3528 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutDeflector View Post

Chances are the Shiit stacks are at our desks during a lecture and that one guy came in late.
implying schiit is shiit. XD
post #3529 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

implying schiit is shiit. XD
Ummm. K den.
post #3530 of 3818
My mother asked to try my DT990 PROs when I received them. She was pretty impressed at the "wide open" sound. She said they were the best headphones she's ever heard, not that that would mean much considering she's an apple ear bud person but it was nice to get positive feedback :P
post #3531 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighbor808 View Post

My mother asked to try my DT990 PROs when I received them. She was pretty impressed at the "wide open" sound. She said they were the best headphones she's ever heard, not that that would mean much considering she's an apple ear bud person but it was nice to get positive feedback :P

At least she says they're good!
post #3532 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by penmarker View Post
 

Just to let you guys know, Beats has stepped up their game hella mad after separating from Monster audio. I assume they have their own R&D team now and you should seriously check out their newer models and compare them with your own gears. I own a JVC HA-S500 (once flavor of the month, and that one got serious rep for being favored over V-Modas and other cans), and some of them has heard the newest line of Beats Solo HD, and that thing is better than mine. Keep in mind that the JVCs has carbon nanotube drivers and have unparallelled performance in bass quality (and maybe quantity) production among headphones in the sub $100-150 category.

 

Of course the price for Beats headphones are ridiculous and their marketing are jackasses (purposely giving free headphones to world cup players, overshadowing Sony as their main sponsor. Got banned from the event, among other examples).

 

Put aside the artificially generated hype and price, they're seriously good cans right now. And being "audiophiles" and only wanting "audio reproduction" as the main goal, Beats haters should be ashamed of yourselves. Get out there and listen for yourself.

 

disclaimer - I don't own beats, nor will I ever be. But I'm just annoyed at how "HURR DURR I HATE BEATS I AM AUDIOFIL DURR".

Wow :basshead: - one of the few members on head-fi who actually has the guts to say it as it is rather than join the herd of sheep that is the shameful self righteous band of the beats haters.

 

penmarker - for me, your post is one of the best I've read here on head-fi - you are your own person and not afraid to say it - and that deserves respect for sure :cool:

 

I may well print your post out and frame it - its that good....

 

....now then - get back you blood thirsty beats haters *makes a run with penmarker for the door, outside to waiting chopper, jump inside and take off, both spraying a hail of bullets onto the zombie undead beats haters......mission complete, never impossible...* - lol :D 

 

edit: we leave this behind for any survivors......

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Edited by cb3723 - 7/14/14 at 7:27pm
post #3533 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post

Wow basshead.gif  - one of the few members on head-fi who actually has the guts to say it as it is rather than join the herd of sheep that is the shameful self righteous band of the beats haters.

penmarker - for me, your post is one of the best I've read here on head-fi - you are your own person and not afraid to say it - and that deserves respect for sure cool.gif

I may well print your post out and frame it - its that good....

....now then - get back you blood thirsty beats haters *makes a run with penmarker for the door, outside to waiting chopper, jump inside and take off, both spraying a hail of bullets onto the zombie undead beats haters......mission complete, never impossible...* - lol biggrin.gif  
zombies... Good thing you're immune to the beats hate virus! biggrin.gif
post #3534 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

zombies... Good thing you're immune to the beats hate virus! biggrin.gif

LoL biggrin.gif beats hate virus - love it - though many a wise word said in jest wink.gif

I've just a lot of respect for people whom aren't afraid to not join the norm which in this case is the constant use of beats as a whipping boy.

The below is as awesome as it is true v - massive LOL beyersmile.png


Quote:
Originally Posted by penmarker View Post


But I'm just annoyed at how "HURR DURR I HATE BEATS I AM AUDIOFIL DURR".
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
giphy.gif
MIND BLOWN

Edited by cb3723 - 7/14/14 at 8:00pm
post #3535 of 3818

Both my mother and brother were amazed by my ATH-A900X, praising the detail and claiming they felt as if they were at a live performance.  My brother was especially impressed by the instrument separation.  :atsmile:

post #3536 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhamnetin View Post

Both my mother and brother were amazed by my ATH-A900X, praising the detail and claiming they felt as if they were at a live performance.  My brother was especially impressed by the instrument separation.  atsmile.gif
nice! I always love it when someone enjoys my headphones, especially from my family.
post #3537 of 3818

I hate beats because of dr dre. It is what it is. I would never spend a dime on beats anything even if i liked the sound. And all the celebrities wearing them and advertisement only pushes me further away. Not to mention the people I tend to see wearing beats out in RL. I do not want to be one of those people. Perhaps thats inexcusable to some and maybe I should give them a shot. But part of the fun of head-fi for me is the "obscure" stuff average joes dont know about.

 

Same with bose. Long ago I started seeing their commercials on tv with rich people in lavish homes listening to bose shtuff and i immediately think "that stuff probably sucks pretty hard".

 

Anyway... letting other people try my phones. They just try to blow them straight out along with their own eardrums. Then give me this dumb look like "is that it". And then I try to explain that just because it doesn't actually shake your chest cavity does not mean it isn't plenty loud and in fact DAMAGING for your ears. "I say it like im talking to a retard like that because you just basically tried to blow out my phones that i just told you were several hundred dollars."

 

I know few people personally who appreciate hi fi sound at all. Like others said earlier. Most people I know just scoff and laugh at the money spent. Which is absolutely hilarious if I were to elaborate on what some of these people waste their money. 


Edited by rock&rollfrenchfries - 7/15/14 at 5:52am
post #3538 of 3818
I for one do not like my music loud (like my friends own a beats boom box speaker $400 and used it at full blast to play metal). I don't know how people can listen to loud volumes. It hurts my ears.
post #3539 of 3818

Generally everyone who hears my Denon D2000's are blown away by them.

post #3540 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzziekiwi View Post

I for one do not like my music loud (like my friends own a beats boom box speaker $400 and used it at full blast to play metal). I don't know how people can listen to loud volumes. It hurts my ears.


They lost most of their hearing after listening to it at that loud for a long periods of time.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II