Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 233

post #3481 of 3591

Non-audiophile reaction to an above average headphone:

 

My mom said my he-300's had great isolation.. "Wow, I can't hear a thing with these on!"

I don't think she understands what an open headphone is..

post #3482 of 3591
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilspeed111 View Post

Non-audiophile reaction to an above average headphone:

My mom said my he-300's had great isolation.. "Wow, I can't hear a thing with these on!"
I don't think she understands what an open headphone is..

That's really...odd. Hasn't she ever worn any headphones before?

Or most likely, it's just her version of "that's nice, honey..." Because she's one of those people who assume that all headphones sound the same and judge headphones exlusively on their ability to isolate. So she's just trying to confirm your purchase by quickly admiring the one aspect that she understands in an attempt for you to...take them off her so she can fix her hair.
post #3483 of 3591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapster View Post


That's really...odd. Hasn't she ever worn any headphones before?

Or most likely, it's just her version of "that's nice, honey..." Because she's one of those people who assume that all headphones sound the same and judge headphones exlusively on their ability to isolate. So she's just trying to confirm your purchase by quickly admiring the one aspect that she understands in an attempt for you to...take them off her so she can fix her hair.

Definitely sound like it.

post #3484 of 3591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapster View Post


That's really...odd. Hasn't she ever worn any headphones before?

Or most likely, it's just her version of "that's nice, honey..." Because she's one of those people who assume that all headphones sound the same and judge headphones exlusively on their ability to isolate. So she's just trying to confirm your purchase by quickly admiring the one aspect that she understands in an attempt for you to...take them off her so she can fix her hair.

My parents, on the other hand, are pretty much like the majority of non-audiophiles -- namely, those that measure sound quality on bass quantity alone. My sister is the only one in the family other than myself who knows what good suond quality really is. Maybe soon, they'll understand...

post #3485 of 3591
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post

My parents, on the other hand, are pretty much like the majority of non-audiophiles -- namely, those that measure sound quality on bass quantity alone. My sister is the only one in the family other than myself who knows what good suond quality really is. Maybe soon, they'll understand...

Can't blame them. Bass is the easiest to tell when there is difference IMO
post #3486 of 3591

Guys, huge surprise today! So i decided to give a coworker a listen to my signature djs on my e11 with my eq set to 2, figuring he was like the rest of the beats lovers. Then I couldnt believe it when he said that they didnt have enough bass :O

 

 

much surprise

such sarcasm

wow

post #3487 of 3591
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post
 

Guys, huge surprise today! So i decided to give a coworker a listen to my signature djs on my e11 with my eq set to 2, figuring he was like the rest of the beats lovers. Then I couldnt believe it when he said that they didnt have enough bass :O

 

 

much surprise

such sarcasm

wow


You should buy these for him

Or these

 


Edited by Hapster - 6/17/14 at 9:53pm
post #3488 of 3591
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

Guys, huge surprise today! So i decided to give a coworker a listen to my signature djs on my e11 with my eq set to 2, figuring he was like the rest of the beats lovers. Then I couldnt believe it when he said that they didnt have enough bass :O


much surprise
such sarcasm
wow

(Speechless)

Those non-headphone enthusiasts know little on our subject.
post #3489 of 3591

My friend said that beats are the best, so I let him listen to some rap with my dt770s and my fiio e18 and immediately he started dancing with a big smile on his face. Then I asked him how do they sound and he said 'it's OK I guess' lol what a joke. And I'm the only audiophile in my school everyone else has beats and Bose with apple ear buds.

post #3490 of 3591
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvyMarvy View Post
 

My friend said that beats are the best, so I let him listen to some rap with my dt770s and my fiio e18 and immediately he started dancing with a big smile on his face. Then I asked him how do they sound and he said 'it's OK I guess' lol what a joke. And I'm the only audiophile in my school everyone else has beats and Bose with apple ear buds.

Same here, except for 2 people (One has a HD598, the other one asked me for advice for a gaming headset, happily told him to get the Razer tiamat 2.2's. He didn't like them at first but they listened with my E11, and told me "such a big difference.. are you ever going to sell these?". And then I sold him my E11.

 

Almost forgot to chant 'one of us, one of us!' But I just did, creeped him out.

 

 

We should all go to an audiophile school, only audiophiles allowed!

post #3491 of 3591
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilspeed111 View Post

Same here, except for 2 people (One has a HD598, the other one asked me for advice for a gaming headset, happily told him to get the Razer tiamat 2.2's. He didn't like them at first but they listened with my E11, and told me "such a big difference.. are you ever going to sell these?". And then I sold him my E11.

Almost forgot to chant 'one of us, one of us!' But I just did, creeped him out.


We should all go to an audiophile school, only audiophiles allowed!
Lol, I would probably enjoy school for once!
post #3492 of 3591
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilspeed111 View Post

Same here, except for 2 people (One has a HD598, the other one asked me for advice for a gaming headset, happily told him to get the Razer tiamat 2.2's. He didn't like them at first but they listened with my E11, and told me "such a big difference.. are you ever going to sell these?". And then I sold him my E11.

Almost forgot to chant 'one of us, one of us!' But I just did, creeped him out.


We should all go to an audiophile school, only audiophiles allowed!

All the classes are about sound signature, amps and DACs, bass distortion, etc.
post #3493 of 3591
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutDeflector View Post

All the classes are about sound signature, amps and DACs, bass distortion, etc.
Ok, that's a bit off. We still HAVE to have normal classes... There would be one as***** that walks in with Beats just to mess with us.
post #3494 of 3591
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post

Ok, that's a bit off. We still HAVE to have normal classes... There would be one as***** that walks in with Beats just to mess with us.

We can just beat him up with our Schiit amps.
post #3495 of 3591
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilspeed111 View Post
 

Same here, except for 2 people (One has a HD598, the other one asked me for advice for a gaming headset, happily told him to get the Razer tiamat 2.2's. He didn't like them at first but they listened with my E11, and told me "such a big difference.. are you ever going to sell these?". And then I sold him my E11.

 

Almost forgot to chant 'one of us, one of us!' But I just did, creeped him out.

 

 

We should all go to an audiophile school, only audiophiles allowed!

If an audiophile school is only for audiophiles, then how are we supposed to convert the heathens? No course on non-audiophile conversion will ever be more effective than for a non-audiophile to experience audiophilia for himself in a controlled environment. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II