Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 223

post #3331 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapster View Post

To be fair, you're still pretty stupid if you bring open headphones to public areas. Especially noisy ones. Closed leak less noise and block a little. Good for not annoying the **** out of others. Even better, try IEMs.

They can block anywhere from 24-32db. That can reduce the sound of a motorcycle into an average conversation! No one can hear them either, unless you're listening at 85db+

There's a reason they're so popular.

If beats ever released an open headphone - the world as we know it surely would end (lol) biggrin.gif
post #3332 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post
 

Well, I can still hear my brother's music with Jabra Vox wonder how can one stands it...

I don't have any leakage problems using grados. 
I really wonder just like you how some people can leak so bad with closed headphones or earbuds.
The amount of pain and suffering their eardrums have to endure.... 

post #3333 of 3818

I can't hear schiit on my dt990 when it's noisy.

post #3334 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

I don't have any leakage problems using grados. 

That seems impossible for me to do as I will always have the very slight leakage, at least, when I take it off and put it on my table. It's always good to listen at low volume although some though that the more you pay for the headphone, the louder you will have to turn which is completely misleading.
post #3335 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

That seems impossible for me to do as I will always have the very slight leakage, at least, when I take it off and put it on my table. It's always good to listen at low volume although some though that the more you pay for the headphone, the louder you will have to turn which is completely misleading.

+1 to that. There are still a lot of headphones up the price ladder that do well with phones. The $400 Beats Pro is a good example. Or the $300 Momentum to add more sense to it. But I kinda forgot the $500+ headphones that work well as portable cans. Oh, wait, the T5p – a kilobuck portable can.
post #3336 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post

+1 to that. There are still a lot of headphones up the price ladder that do well with phones. The $400 Beats Pro is a good example. Or the $300 Momentum to add more sense to it. But I kinda forgot the $500+ headphones that work well as portable cans. Oh, wait, the T5p – a kilobuck portable can.

And are the XiaoMi Piston really that good? Feel like ordering one for my friend HAHA
post #3337 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

And are the XiaoMi Piston really that good? Feel like ordering one for my friend HAHA

I would go Tenores. Much better for their price.
post #3338 of 3818

Agreed. I just bought the Xiaomi Pistons and I do think they are the best <$20 earphones. I used to have the Carbo Tenore ($50) and still have the SoundMAGIC E10 ($35). The Carbo Tenore have a noticeable sound improvement compared to the E10s mainly in clarity. They are also much easier to put in the ears due to smaller housing.

 

On topic: Told a friend why I have so many headphones and earphones (they know I love music) and they stayed quiet about it. Probably trying not to hurt my feelings or something which I respect. Oh, and I was also surprised that an old 'acquaintance' of mine linked me what headphones he was gonna get (doesn't know I'm into headphones). He linked me the AKG K701 and AKG K702. I thought he was gonna link me to some gaming headsets or poor quality headphones.


Edited by RainHeaven - 5/26/14 at 7:39am
post #3339 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainHeaven View Post

Agreed. I just bought the Xiaomi Pistons and I do think they are the best <$20 earphones. I used to have the Carbo Tenore ($50) and still have the SoundMAGIC E10 ($35). The Carbo Tenore have a noticeable sound improvement compared to the E10s mainly in clarity. They are also much easier to put in the ears due to smaller housing.

On topic: Told a friend why I have so many headphones and earphones (they know I love music) and they stayed quiet about it. Probably trying not to hurt my feelings or something which I respect. Oh, and I was also surprised that an old 'acquaintance' of mine linked me what headphones he was gonna get (doesn't know I'm into headphones). He linked me the AKG K701 and AKG K702. I thought he was gonna link me to some gaming headsets or poor quality headphones.

Looks like your love for music and headphones grew on them. Congrats.
post #3340 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post


Looks like your love for music and headphones grew on them. Congrats.

 

No its not that...I've known him since 2012 and used to always play games with him in 2012 summer. He was extremely obnoxious which is why I label him as an 'acquaintance' rather than a friend. We stopped playing together and rarely talked after that. He started to add me to his conversations on Skype a couple times per month. I'm pretty positive that he found out about audio quality and headphones himself (just like I did) because I never talked to him about it. But still, its pretty nice to see that he is getting into it.

post #3341 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post
 

I don't have any leakage problems using grados. 
I really wonder just like you how some people can leak so bad with closed headphones or earbuds.
The amount of pain and suffering their eardrums have to endure.... 

 

Reminds me of a person I met in a math workshop. He was wearing a beats solo and I can always hear what he is listening to =.= Its pretty sad...

post #3342 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ku View Post

Reminds me of a person I met in a math workshop. He was wearing a beats solo and I can always hear what he is listening to =.= Its pretty sad...

R.I.P his ears.. You really have to turn these up to make them audible to the outside world.
post #3343 of 3818

Dont worry when he get very bad tinnitus then he will wish he hadn't listen to them that loud. Tinnitus is something that you do not want to get and it worst if you get it very bad.

post #3344 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by genclaymore View Post

Dont worry when he get very bad tinnitus then he will wish he hadn't listen to them that loud. Tinnitus is something that you do not want to get and it worst if you get it very bad.
Yeap! Some people decided to ignore our hearing caution for we are not a doctor frown.gif I used to have a temporary tinnitus when I was young because of fireworks. Glad it's not permanently xD
post #3345 of 3818
I have had tinnitus ever since I was born. Didn't really ever bother me since I'm so used to it, but I'm sure it would make people go crazy if they develop it later in life.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II