Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 203

post #3031 of 3757

Holy crap, they're huge! (Referring to the D2K). Frankly, I agree :D

post #3032 of 3757
Baidu Music sounds interesting. Couple of years ago I was in student exchange in China, and I've occasionally been listening to some Chinese pop ever since. Maybe I'll find some new gems.
post #3033 of 3757
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForShure View Post

I hate Spotify, it's helped the masses move even further away from critical listening. Where music was once something you actively listened to, now it's just background noise.

Don't complain xD Spotify and like many other online music streaming, it is not supported in Brunei; that said, I have never tried Spotify... 

post #3034 of 3757
I guess I'm just a hater lol.
post #3035 of 3757

SINCE EVERYONE IS TELLING TALES 

 

let me tell one about my roomate. I have the Schiit stack Magni+Modi with the HD600's. My roomates tried them on, turned on a song.... 5 seconds later....

 

"My beats are better."

 

Meh.... Beats me.....

 

BTW, he owns Beats Studio

post #3036 of 3757
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbinePro View Post
 

SINCE EVERYONE IS TELLING TALES 

 

let me tell one about my roomate. I have the Schiit stack Magni+Modi with the HD600's. My roomates tried them on, turned on a song.... 5 seconds later....

 

"My beats are better."

 

Meh.... Beats me.....

 

BTW, he owns Beats Studio

 

Just the typical silly answer. Don´t even bother with it. Probably if he tried for, dunno, 30 minutes, and then, listening again his Beats, he wouldn´t think the same.

post #3037 of 3757
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbinePro View Post
 

SINCE EVERYONE IS TELLING TALES 

 

let me tell one about my roomate. I have the Schiit stack Magni+Modi with the HD600's. My roomates tried them on, turned on a song.... 5 seconds later....

 

"My beats are better."

 

Meh.... Beats me.....

 

BTW, he owns Beats Studio

Oh the studios. Well that's why, they're actually really good. I have a pair and I really prefer them to my sennheiser hd700. They're just so airy, the sound stage is just huge, the bass rumble is fantastic, the mids are epicly forward, and the treble sparkles like fireworks on 4th of july.

 

Like seriously, did you even listen to them?

post #3038 of 3757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapster View Post
 

Oh the studios. Well that's why, they're actually really good. I have a pair and I really prefer them to my sennheiser hd700. They're just so airy, the sound stage is just huge, the bass rumble is fantastic, the mids are epicly forward, and the treble sparkles like fireworks on 4th of july.

 

Like seriously, did you even listen to them?

ROFL

post #3039 of 3757

I think it's because of the bass, mostly. It's one of the most immediately obvious things to a non-audiophile. 

post #3040 of 3757
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

I think it's because of the bass, mostly. It's one of the most immediately obvious things to a non-audiophile. 
Totally agree with this, I can't really decern whether something is bright or dark, just got into the game.
post #3041 of 3757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapster View Post

Oh the studios. Well that's why, they're actually really good. I have a pair and I really prefer them to my sennheiser hd700. They're just so airy, the sound stage is just huge, the bass rumble is fantastic, the mids are epicly forward, and the treble sparkles like fireworks on 4th of july.

Like seriously, did you even listen to them?
how do you know it isn't the pre 2013 model lol? The pre 2013 model= major suckage. Post 2013 model= decent sound with a general frequency curve not unlike a v-moda m-100... So, again, an audiophile can with a kick.. Never thought I'd say that about beats. Then I try them. Pretty good, but I like my headphones more... I don't exactly think the soundstage is "Huge", but its fairly large for a closed back can. Again, my headphones have a bigger soundstage, but then again semi-open (more open then not.) vs closed... The beats performance is admirable. The mids? Decent. Again, in a side by side comparison, akg's win. Treble... Again. Akg's... Ah but bass... Upper bass? Akg's... Sub and mid bass???... BEATS. By a wide margin, just because of recessment... Do the hd700's not sound as good, or do you just prefer beats because of those few things? Both are awesome headphones either way. I'd be happy to buy a pair of studios someday, and buy something (maybe not 700's) from sennheiser... Well, interesting input to the conversation as always hapster.
post #3042 of 3757

Did anyone even ask for a comparison to your AKG 240's ?!

post #3043 of 3757
There is so much sarcasm missed on this thread...
The person endorsing beats was joking.
That said, I recently tried a pair of the newer beats, and I must say they aren't as atrocious as before. Mediocre to fair, which is a big improvement. No more are they headache-inducingly murky.
Anyways, one of my friends recently complemented the comfort of my Grados...
I know it's not exactly a reaction to sound but I found it funny because most people don't care much for sponges! (In fairness, I did craft myself a Velcro pad to put on it)
"Wow these are really comfy headphones!"
Me: O_o
... Ok then!
post #3044 of 3757

Spotify users on iPhone/iPads/iPod touch: I'm about to try this newly released 30-band EQ for Spotify.

 

http://spoteq.org/

 

If anyone is interested, I'll report back with my findings.


Edited by White Lotus - 5/13/14 at 9:03pm
post #3045 of 3757
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


how do you know it isn't the pre 2013 model lol? The pre 2013 model= major suckage. Post 2013 model= decent sound with a general frequency curve not unlike a v-moda m-100... So, again, an audiophile can with a kick.. Never thought I'd say that about beats. Then I try them. Pretty good, but I like my headphones more... I don't exactly think the soundstage is "Huge", but its fairly large for a closed back can. Again, my headphones have a bigger soundstage, but then again semi-open (more open then not.) vs closed... The beats performance is admirable. The mids? Decent. Again, in a side by side comparison, akg's win. Treble... Again. Akg's... Ah but bass... Upper bass? Akg's... Sub and mid bass???... BEATS. By a wide margin, just because of recessment... Do the hd700's not sound as good, or do you just prefer beats because of those few things? Both are awesome headphones either way. I'd be happy to buy a pair of studios someday, and buy something (maybe not 700's) from sennheiser... Well, interesting input to the conversation as always hapster.

Do u even sarcasm bro? :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePianoMan View Post

There is so much sarcasm missed on this thread...
The person endorsing beats was joking.
That said, I recently tried a pair of the newer beats, and I must say they aren't as atrocious as before. Mediocre to fair, which is a big improvement. No more are they headache-inducingly murky.
Anyways, one of my friends recently complemented the comfort of my Grados...
I know it's not exactly a reaction to sound but I found it funny because most people don't care much for sponges! (In fairness, I did craft myself a Velcro pad to put on it)
"Wow these are really comfy headphones!"
Me: O_o
... Ok then!

+1.

 

I, too, tried the new pair. I had no idea how to turn it on at first, and I felt like a total noob there for a minute.

I have to say, they're really comfortable, though they did need a little stretch to fit on my remarkably wide head.

They sounded pretty okay, honestly; although I would compare their sound as slightly inferior to the M50.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II