Damn, how bad was his sound setup to never have heard that clicking at the start?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeatstagged by cb3723, 7/17/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need recommendations for an amp setup for many different headphones Last post on 10/2/12 at 11:23pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone dac/amp vmoda m100. Last post on 1/18/14 at 11:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio e7/e9 troubleshooting Last post on 1/4/14 at 6:39pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 192
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's not about whether one can hear microscopic detail or not, but it is about how easy it is to hear them. With high-end cans microscopic details are so easy to be heard they doesn't seem to be so microscopic anymore..
On the other hand, the person whom I wish her to come, didn't come T.T
But it is said that the person cannot hear the sound at all. That detail isn't that microscopic.
ok then. I just don't like that sennheiser sound as much as akg. Isn't a man entitled to preferences and opinions? I'm not saying sennheiser is bad, but I didn't like the 558's as much as k240's. Is this a crime against humanity? To not like something as much as something else? I never have hated on sennheiser lol. I've just stated what I like more. Sennheiser is a very reputable company with some great products some people like a lot. I'll end up with an HD 600 in my collection someday. I don't "Downplay" them, I just state: they are not my favorite company of all time. If you like them, fine. Just don't be a fanboy about it. I don't have to like what everyone else does, and you don't have to like what I like. The only thing I'm really biased against? Apple products. Other than that, I could care less. Yes, I do admit I am biased in the world of phones and computers. Headphones? Nah. It doesn't really matter much informing me of the fact that they are a big company. I already knew that. If big meant better, beats by dre would be the best headphones of all time... But, no. That's not how it works. Any company, big or small, can be great. Now, please stop attacking my opinions with your opinions.
You painted all of the sennheisers as bad based just off the 558. That's atrocious. Have you actually heard any other sennheisers?
Yeah...one of the more annoying things about Sennheiser is that they don't really have a "house sound" like Beyerdynamic (well, I consider their "house sound" to be just bright), AT's affection towards intimate mids once you spend more than $150, or Grado's exciting, trebly sound sig. What I really want is a super-HD650, but they don't really make that. But the HD5X8 line definitely sounds different from their HD2XX line which is pretty different from the HD6XX line which doesn't sound like the HD700 or HD800.
Yes, that really is atrocious, now that you think about it. I've tried the HD 429, 205, 201, and the Momentums, and I have to say, they were great. Even the HD 201 (owned by a friend of mine) was pretty good, considering their sub-$50 price.
I've never been able to try the 5xx series, but knowing Sennheiser, they'd probably be pretty amazing.
But a shout-out to Dischord, who pretty much started this whole mess:
Saying that you're unbiased in headphones is probably the most arrogant statement an audiophile could ever say. Everyone's opinion, whether it's from a veteran like David Mahler or even a small-minded one from some kid who says that Beats are the best headphones ever, is subjective. Saying that your opinion is unbiased -- and therefore objective -- essentially makes you a person with the end-all, be-all opinion of the entire headphone world; and even that is subjective.
Wow, thats awesome, sometimes I want to bring my Audezes outside xD
I find it funny that many thread with dischorddubstep's post in it often ends up in an argument, and it seems that there aren't very many people here that likes him (some have even gone as far as blocking him).
Indeed. Very divisive posts. But given his age I always think "well I was young and wild too" especially when your hormones go into overdrive and you become a man, well, we have all been there. But I agree, very opinionated (though he claims otherwise) without own experience to back it up. Anyhow, he will mellow down over time. I hope. I mean he raked up nearly a thousand posts and he only joined 3 months back or so...
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X 3 minutes ago
- › San Jose, CA - Super Mini Meet? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD600 with xbox 360? 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Maestro 5 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 6 minutes ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)