Damn, how bad was his sound setup to never have heard that clicking at the start?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeatstagged by cb3723, 7/17/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need recommendations for an amp setup for many different headphones Last post on 10/2/12 at 11:23pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone dac/amp vmoda m100. Last post on 1/18/14 at 11:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio e7/e9 troubleshooting Last post on 1/4/14 at 6:39pm in Portable Headphone Amps
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 192
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's not about whether one can hear microscopic detail or not, but it is about how easy it is to hear them. With high-end cans microscopic details are so easy to be heard they doesn't seem to be so microscopic anymore..
On the other hand, the person whom I wish her to come, didn't come T.T
But it is said that the person cannot hear the sound at all. That detail isn't that microscopic.
ok then. I just don't like that sennheiser sound as much as akg. Isn't a man entitled to preferences and opinions? I'm not saying sennheiser is bad, but I didn't like the 558's as much as k240's. Is this a crime against humanity? To not like something as much as something else? I never have hated on sennheiser lol. I've just stated what I like more. Sennheiser is a very reputable company with some great products some people like a lot. I'll end up with an HD 600 in my collection someday. I don't "Downplay" them, I just state: they are not my favorite company of all time. If you like them, fine. Just don't be a fanboy about it. I don't have to like what everyone else does, and you don't have to like what I like. The only thing I'm really biased against? Apple products. Other than that, I could care less. Yes, I do admit I am biased in the world of phones and computers. Headphones? Nah. It doesn't really matter much informing me of the fact that they are a big company. I already knew that. If big meant better, beats by dre would be the best headphones of all time... But, no. That's not how it works. Any company, big or small, can be great. Now, please stop attacking my opinions with your opinions.
You painted all of the sennheisers as bad based just off the 558. That's atrocious. Have you actually heard any other sennheisers?
Yeah...one of the more annoying things about Sennheiser is that they don't really have a "house sound" like Beyerdynamic (well, I consider their "house sound" to be just bright), AT's affection towards intimate mids once you spend more than $150, or Grado's exciting, trebly sound sig. What I really want is a super-HD650, but they don't really make that. But the HD5X8 line definitely sounds different from their HD2XX line which is pretty different from the HD6XX line which doesn't sound like the HD700 or HD800.
Yes, that really is atrocious, now that you think about it. I've tried the HD 429, 205, 201, and the Momentums, and I have to say, they were great. Even the HD 201 (owned by a friend of mine) was pretty good, considering their sub-$50 price.
I've never been able to try the 5xx series, but knowing Sennheiser, they'd probably be pretty amazing.
But a shout-out to Dischord, who pretty much started this whole mess:
Saying that you're unbiased in headphones is probably the most arrogant statement an audiophile could ever say. Everyone's opinion, whether it's from a veteran like David Mahler or even a small-minded one from some kid who says that Beats are the best headphones ever, is subjective. Saying that your opinion is unbiased -- and therefore objective -- essentially makes you a person with the end-all, be-all opinion of the entire headphone world; and even that is subjective.
Wow, thats awesome, sometimes I want to bring my Audezes outside xD
I find it funny that many thread with dischorddubstep's post in it often ends up in an argument, and it seems that there aren't very many people here that likes him (some have even gone as far as blocking him).
Indeed. Very divisive posts. But given his age I always think "well I was young and wild too" especially when your hormones go into overdrive and you become a man, well, we have all been there. But I agree, very opinionated (though he claims otherwise) without own experience to back it up. Anyhow, he will mellow down over time. I hope. I mean he raked up nearly a thousand posts and he only joined 3 months back or so...
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 4 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 36 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 42 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 4 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 7 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 7 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 8 minutes ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 11 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)