- 2,424 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Location: U.S.A. Minnesota
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeatstagged by cb3723, 7/17/14
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- sound similar to he500 and a sennheiser HD6xx/hd580 question Last post on 12/5/14 at 10:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone dac/amp vmoda m100. Last post on 1/18/14 at 11:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio e7/e9 troubleshooting Last post on 1/4/14 at 6:39pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- O2 vs fiio Last post on 10/7/13 at 4:21am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/26/15
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
Introduction: Cayin is a Chinese company that has recently made quite a splash in the portable audio world with some of their very nice and budget friendly portable gear. The C5 amplifier has...
Let's ruin the surprise: I'm buying an Aune B1 the moment the nice folks at Aune Audio show up at my door demanding their demo unit back. I can't stop playing it and there's one huge reason:...
I purchased the XX's about a week ago, so I've had time to fiddle with them for a while. Let's just jump right in with the sound. Unequalized, these sound like you're listening to a set of desktop...
This has been a very unique audio experience for me. I stumbled across an insane deal on this headset, so I though I would give them a swing. Comfort: As an owner of quite large ears, I can say...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 180
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They're even more of a one-trick pony than the JVCs. I personally won't be getting either of them because I value my mid and highs just as much as the bass.
... You aren't getting it. I don't feel like wasting money to prove something I know for certain. Tell me when the skull candy crushers start to distort with an e11 or e12, and if they don't distort(worse than they usually do... Being bass cans and all.) then I'll have a look at them, but for now ill stick to my proven bass thumpers. The JVC's. I don't think that those skull crushers could stand being amped.
And you can't know for certain about anything without listening to them first. And if you are, that's just arrogance.
Edited by deciBel23 - 4/14/14 at 12:01pm
Yeah it isn't about how good or bad the JVC's are, it's the idea that he is confident that the Skullcandy's are bad for no reason.
@DisCHORDDubstep, I'm not saying that the Crushers are better or worse than the JVC's. I'm just saying it's silly...no ignorant to say for sure one way or the other without trying them. You don't have to try them or like them, but don't pretend you know things you don't. I have NO IDEA how the JVC's sound. I'll be looking for a bass cannon fun headphone for <$100 soon, and I will try them, Crushers, and several others, because trying is how you learn.
I mean, the fact that headphone companies do R&D is absolutely unforeseeable!
Seriously though, @discord remember the rule of never taking other people's opinion as absolute fact? Well, now's as good a time as ever to mysteriously remember it
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ALO audio Continental Dual Mono 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Just bought my first pair of decent headphones, looking to learn a... 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni Pre-Order Sale and Head-Fi Impressions Tour Sign Up 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by Chaoturbo
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by Voyageur
- › Audio Zenith PMx2 Headphone by rschoi75
- › NuPrime uDSD Hi-resolution USB-powered Portable DAC (PCM 384, DSD... by pennstateee1
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)