Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeatstagged by cb3723, 7/17/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need recommendations for an amp setup for many different headphones Last post on 10/2/12 at 11:23pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone dac/amp vmoda m100. Last post on 1/18/14 at 11:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio e7/e9 troubleshooting Last post on 1/4/14 at 6:39pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 177
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That reminds me...some guy I know in gym class listens to metal a lot and was using Beats with his phone. My reaction was silently meh. Days later, I noticed that he switched to Apple Earpods to my surprise. He was talking to his friend who asked him what he did with his Beats and said that he left them home and is wanting to sell them. He didn't like the sound of them and noticed that they weren't as good as the price wanted. He said he wanted to buy new headphones and that was when I stepped up and told him to come to me if he needed headphone recommendations when he had the money. He never did and weeks later I see him with Bose headphones...What a shame, could of been a possible convert :/
Edited by RainHeaven - 4/11/14 at 11:58pm
LOL! So much BOSE hate... :D
Bose aren't that bad. I had a listen at JB Hifi the other day and it was surprisingly comfortable and the sound was on par with the Creative Aurvana I had with me. Mind you I got the creatives for $100. The Bose were $400
OMG wow these are freaking good!
Are these shures??
Wow these look awesome!
These make my ears hurt
Reactions to my Tritus CIEM ( one off ciem from Customisears )
WTH HELL ARE THOSE MAN
Coolest earphones ever!
How do you even fit it in your ear?!!!
Sad no reactions to my X5 so far. It's a darn good dap but I'm guessing the striking resemblance to an ipod (when I'm using the silicone case) makes them think it's an ipod
That's because with Bose, you're paying a premium for their top of the line active noise cancelling.
And I get that. Might buy Bose if I ever start flying a lot more than I do
I don't bother with Bose even though I take flights more than the average person as a Hongkongnese boarding in the UK. It's more to do with me being satisfied with my current closed-backs than with me not liking Bose headphones though.
Not too loud. Even Sennheiser Momentums are enough to block out background noice while listening to music at moderate volumes.
Edit: 100th post, yay!
Edited by Zojokkeli - 4/12/14 at 3:03pm
It depends from where you are. It's definitely loud from the outside but when you are inside, it's probably about average street noise? It also depends on the engine. Like a car, some are loud while some are extremely quite (cough cough A380 cough)
haha... yes AKG do look very nice. :D My new Bowers And Wilkins P5's are also very, very nice. Best headphones I have bought in a LONG time. :D
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 12 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 33 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 40 seconds ago
- › [A Poor Man Reviews] Audio Technica ATH-IM02 47 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 4 minutes ago
- › DT 880 vs. DT 990 for classical music 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)