- 433 Posts. Joined 10/2013
- Location: California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeatstagged by cb3723, 7/17/14
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- sound similar to he500 and a sennheiser HD6xx/hd580 question Last post on 12/5/14 at 10:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone dac/amp vmoda m100. Last post on 1/18/14 at 11:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio e7/e9 troubleshooting Last post on 1/4/14 at 6:39pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- O2 vs fiio Last post on 10/7/13 at 4:21am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 177
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That reminds me...some guy I know in gym class listens to metal a lot and was using Beats with his phone. My reaction was silently meh. Days later, I noticed that he switched to Apple Earpods to my surprise. He was talking to his friend who asked him what he did with his Beats and said that he left them home and is wanting to sell them. He didn't like the sound of them and noticed that they weren't as good as the price wanted. He said he wanted to buy new headphones and that was when I stepped up and told him to come to me if he needed headphone recommendations when he had the money. He never did and weeks later I see him with Bose headphones...What a shame, could of been a possible convert :/
Edited by RainHeaven - 4/11/14 at 11:58pm
LOL! So much BOSE hate... :D
Bose aren't that bad. I had a listen at JB Hifi the other day and it was surprisingly comfortable and the sound was on par with the Creative Aurvana I had with me. Mind you I got the creatives for $100. The Bose were $400
OMG wow these are freaking good!
Are these shures??
Wow these look awesome!
These make my ears hurt
Reactions to my Tritus CIEM ( one off ciem from Customisears )
WTH HELL ARE THOSE MAN
Coolest earphones ever!
How do you even fit it in your ear?!!!
Sad no reactions to my X5 so far. It's a darn good dap but I'm guessing the striking resemblance to an ipod (when I'm using the silicone case) makes them think it's an ipod
That's because with Bose, you're paying a premium for their top of the line active noise cancelling.
And I get that. Might buy Bose if I ever start flying a lot more than I do
I don't bother with Bose even though I take flights more than the average person as a Hongkongnese boarding in the UK. It's more to do with me being satisfied with my current closed-backs than with me not liking Bose headphones though.
Not too loud. Even Sennheiser Momentums are enough to block out background noice while listening to music at moderate volumes.
Edit: 100th post, yay!
Edited by Zojokkeli - 4/12/14 at 3:03pm
It depends from where you are. It's definitely loud from the outside but when you are inside, it's probably about average street noise? It also depends on the engine. Like a car, some are loud while some are extremely quite (cough cough A380 cough)
haha... yes AKG do look very nice. :D My new Bowers And Wilkins P5's are also very, very nice. Best headphones I have bought in a LONG time. :D
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Headphone & Amp Impedance Questions? Find the answers here! 1 minute ago
- › Impulse Responses Graph, what does it mean? 1 minute ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Parasound 800 Vintage Dac 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2