Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeatstagged by cb3723, 7/17/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need recommendations for an amp setup for many different headphones Last post on 10/2/12 at 11:23pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- sound similar to he500 and a sennheiser HD6xx/hd580 question Last post on 12/5/14 at 10:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone dac/amp vmoda m100. Last post on 1/18/14 at 11:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
I tried the v-moda m100 a few months ago when I purchased it and deciding between them and the hd 650. In the end I kept the 650, these headphones are without a doubt pretty overpriced for the...
Me: I am a 21 year old Engineering student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and...
It seems petty to complain about a $100 hi-res/high capacity player, but I'll give it whirl. It might help to understand that I've been using iPods and iTunes since Apple came out with the...
I have to talk about my expectation on this Headphone first. I am not a senior audiophile. 3 years ago, my first pair of AKG K601 lead me into this wonderful world of audiophile. This pair...
IEMs I own and have used extensively before: Vsonic GR07 (single dynamic), Vsonic VC1000 (dual BA), Etymotic HF5 (single BA) (all around or slightly above $100). Fit and Comfort The...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 177
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That reminds me...some guy I know in gym class listens to metal a lot and was using Beats with his phone. My reaction was silently meh. Days later, I noticed that he switched to Apple Earpods to my surprise. He was talking to his friend who asked him what he did with his Beats and said that he left them home and is wanting to sell them. He didn't like the sound of them and noticed that they weren't as good as the price wanted. He said he wanted to buy new headphones and that was when I stepped up and told him to come to me if he needed headphone recommendations when he had the money. He never did and weeks later I see him with Bose headphones...What a shame, could of been a possible convert :/
Edited by RainHeaven - 4/11/14 at 11:58pm
LOL! So much BOSE hate... :D
Bose aren't that bad. I had a listen at JB Hifi the other day and it was surprisingly comfortable and the sound was on par with the Creative Aurvana I had with me. Mind you I got the creatives for $100. The Bose were $400
OMG wow these are freaking good!
Are these shures??
Wow these look awesome!
These make my ears hurt
Reactions to my Tritus CIEM ( one off ciem from Customisears )
WTH HELL ARE THOSE MAN
Coolest earphones ever!
How do you even fit it in your ear?!!!
Sad no reactions to my X5 so far. It's a darn good dap but I'm guessing the striking resemblance to an ipod (when I'm using the silicone case) makes them think it's an ipod
That's because with Bose, you're paying a premium for their top of the line active noise cancelling.
And I get that. Might buy Bose if I ever start flying a lot more than I do
I don't bother with Bose even though I take flights more than the average person as a Hongkongnese boarding in the UK. It's more to do with me being satisfied with my current closed-backs than with me not liking Bose headphones though.
Not too loud. Even Sennheiser Momentums are enough to block out background noice while listening to music at moderate volumes.
Edit: 100th post, yay!
Edited by Zojokkeli - 4/12/14 at 3:03pm
It depends from where you are. It's definitely loud from the outside but when you are inside, it's probably about average street noise? It also depends on the engine. Like a car, some are loud while some are extremely quite (cough cough A380 cough)
haha... yes AKG do look very nice. :D My new Bowers And Wilkins P5's are also very, very nice. Best headphones I have bought in a LONG time. :D
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 5 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 5 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 5 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 6 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 7 minutes ago
- › ATH AD700 or Alessandro MS1 7 minutes ago
- › Balanced cable for HD650 HD600 in 4N OFCC silver plated cable 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum M2 8 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › ROCK JAW KOMMAND BA + Dynamic hybrid by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by Apex Eight
- › Westone UM Pro30 High Performance Triple Driver Universal Fit... by Sort
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Mottom
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by Kenny Ingram
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)