Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 151

post #2251 of 4645
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

in my opinion, sennheiser HD 598's are the best looking sennheisers yet. Momentums are ugly, beats are shiny, but the shape is quite ugly, and the build with a very thrown together look. Good looking, not good feeling though. I personally think the top five best looking cans are as follows: #1 V-Moda Crossfade M-100 #2 sennheiser HD 598. #3 denon ahd7100 #4 Akg K240 #5 Sennheiser hdj8... And I am getting the k240 because, not the looks, but the sound and features for 70$. Looks aren't a factor for me.... And I'm a 15 year old American.

:O
post #2252 of 4645
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post


:O

Agreed...an in person their construction is really a work of art. Too bad the treble is so far removed otherwise they'd be still here.

post #2253 of 4645
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

I have no problem paying more for looks. I never understood that. If I can afford it, you're damn right I'll pay the extra money for something that looks good. We're willing to pay all this money just to draw minute details out of songs, what's wrong with wanting the product to look attractive as well? It baffles me that people get all snooty about "I don't CARE how it looks!"

I'd love to see the kind of shoes these people wear. Are they just big bloofy comfortable shoes that look like crap, or did you make some concession to appearances despite the fact that you aren't looking down at your feet all day?
okay let me refrase my statement:

what would u prefer if u had 2000usd to spend on ur amp:

1. good sound but stellar looking case (big investment in manufacturing gorgeous looking case, looks etc)
2. stellar sound but simple looking quality case (big investment in capacitors and huge transformers and quality wiring inside etc.)

both quality stuff ofcourse!!

now u tell me honestly...would u still go for the flashy looks??
i know what i would do!!

AND PERSONALLY THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LOOKING HEADPHONE IS WITHOUT DOUBT THE FOSTEX TH900..that cherry red..just stunning!!!
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/27/14 at 7:02pm
post #2254 of 4645
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

okay let me refrase my statement:

what would u prefer if u had 2000usd to spend:
1. good sound but stellar looking case (big investment in manufacturing gorgeous looking case, looks etc)
2. stellar sound but simple looking quality case (big investment in capacitors and huge transformer and quality wiring inside etc.)

both quality stuff ofcourse!!

now u tell me honestly...would u still go for the flashy looks??
i know what i would do!!
I definitely see your point! Most of what I find good looking is simple and classy anyways. The Senn Momentums are the flashiest I like. However, if I find them for the price I should be able to find them around black Friday, I'll be grabbing LCD-2's, which are ugly as sin IMO.
post #2255 of 4645
Quote:
Originally Posted by j14mp View Post


Haha... Bout right. "Lie.." Not even for this hobby, but for all man hobbies. If it cost 1000, dock off at least 60%, she'll buy it. $500, you dock off 30%, $100? She can shove it

You see, the way I see it is, if I'm the breadmaker, I choose what to do with MY money. Then again I'm not married and don't plan on being married for at least another 7 years. Things may change :D

post #2256 of 4645
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post

I definitely see your point! Most of what I find good looking is simple and classy anyways. The Senn Momentums are the flashiest I like. However, if I find them for the price I should be able to find them around black Friday, I'll be grabbing LCD-2's, which are ugly as sin IMO.

sennheiser is and will always be simple and classy in looks..and built well (well the mid fi models at least)

why lcd2's? on black friday the he6 will be same price also as the lcd2's ..i would go for the he6 then biggrin.gif
about lcd's..never understood why the vegan pads have to be so ugly! biggrin.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/27/14 at 7:07pm
post #2257 of 4645
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimShadyMJ View Post

You see, the way I see it is, if I'm the breadmaker, I choose what to do with MY money. Then again I'm not married and don't plan on being married for at least another 7 years. Things may change biggrin.gif
dream on my friend...as soon ur married/ etc. ur life chances...

as women are deadly if they think ur not treating them right.

if u love her u will lie big time to keep the peace (and keep her!) or u have to have to much money to spend that she doesn't bother what u do with ur money, as she does the same..

but if she gets the feeling ur WASTING house money on a (in her eyes) silly hobby, well be prepared then, as hell will break loose..take it from someone married for 16years with a feisty hotblooded portuguese lady.

but as i said..this only occurs if u love her...if u dont love her u dont care anyway... wink.gif

but dont say we havent warned u tongue.gif
post #2258 of 4645
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

yep i agree..no doubt they make quality stuff..but the looks make them to expensive.

and dont forget some other (higher end) brands here on headfi that would be sold 2/3rd of the price if they were built with more simple cases instead of their wonderful styled cases they make now.

for me, best examples of good and simple are: hifiman and blue circle audio..they make products that punch way above their price point because biggest investment is into whats inside and into quality of sound and built quality and less for the looks (but simple classy looks)...and thats most important for me...and that is why i have my 4th hifiman (soundquality) now and i why i boarded the blue circle (sound quality!!!!!! and built quality WOAH!!) boat since recently..

and u all know i have my 6th toxic cable by now (built quality and sound and price!!!) ...well, all have one red line in common...(sound) quality above all for the best possible price possible...performance-price ratio has to be good...and until now...i struck gold.(also true for the 337 and the simple matrix mstage i had, they both performed far above their price range also)
don't forget AKG!... And JVC if you are a mcdonalds employee that needs a good pair of audiophile cans! (harx700/900)
post #2259 of 4645
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

I have no problem paying more for looks. I never understood that. If I can afford it, you're damn right I'll pay the extra money for something that looks good. We're willing to pay all this money just to draw minute details out of songs, what's wrong with wanting the product to look attractive as well? It baffles me that people get all snooty about "I don't CARE how it looks!"

 

I'd love to see the kind of shoes these people wear. Are they just big bloofy comfortable shoes that look like crap, or did you make some concession to appearances despite the fact that you aren't looking down at your feet all day?

I think you're forgetting that most people that are saying this are talking about a stay-at-home rig that will probably never see the outside world.

post #2260 of 4645
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post

:O
... Eww... That is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. It just looks like the split a piece of aluminum down the middle, and put two cups on it. U.G.L.Y. This is a true beauty, and I don't care what anyone says. tongue.gif http://www.superfi.co.uk/mobileproductimages.aspx?productid=12831
post #2261 of 4645
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

sennheiser is and will always be simple and classy in looks..and built well (well the mid fi models at least)

why lcd2's? on black friday the he6 will be same price also as the lcd2's ..i would go for the he6 then biggrin.gif
about lcd's..never understood why the vegan pads have to be so ugly! biggrin.gif
I'm waiting for black friday to hopefully get the LCD-2's for about $550-650. The HE-6 need a better amp than I have IIRC.
post #2262 of 4645
Quote:
Originally Posted by deciBel23 View Post

I think you're forgetting that most people that are saying this are talking about a stay-at-home rig that will probably never see the outside world.
my rig will go everywhere with me. I lost all interest in looking cool a few years back when I figured out I don't wish to follow what drug addicted rappers are wearing, and I want to wear what I want.
post #2263 of 4645
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

I have no problem paying more for looks. I never understood that. If I can afford it, you're damn right I'll pay the extra money for something that looks good. We're willing to pay all this money just to draw minute details out of songs, what's wrong with wanting the product to look attractive as well? It baffles me that people get all snooty about "I don't CARE how it looks!"

I'd love to see the kind of shoes these people wear. Are they just big bloofy comfortable shoes that look like crap, or did you make some concession to appearances despite the fact that you aren't looking down at your feet all day?

well i use 'Floris van Bommel' shoes...SIMPLE looks and beautifully made with a touch of humor in it and made in the Netherlands..so pretty affordable..lolz

i could buy Boss or Armani shoes if i wanted..but they cost more because of branding and flashy looks...so no..i dont walk in open sandals those environmental dudes walk in (my boss would kill me..lolz) because i dont wanna overpay HUGE for branding or looks.

but its ur money if u do... tongue.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/27/14 at 7:52pm
post #2264 of 4645
Looks in a headphone dont influence my choice in the tiniest bit. Why? Because headphones are for music silly! Lol.

Not that i dont like good looks, i just dont care if they look good regarding my purchase.
post #2265 of 4645
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


my rig will go everywhere with me. I lost all interest in looking cool a few years back when I figured out I don't wish to follow what drug addicted rappers are wearing, and I want to wear what I want.

Haha this! Very much this (about the rappers)!

On the looks front, if it's my portable rig (aka what I have now thats used everywhere as I am poor-ish), it HAS to at least look decent.Part of what went into my decision to buy the UE6000 a year ago. Yes, sound is the 2nd most important, closely following comfort, but looks has it's place. You can't walk around wit something ugly on, just as you wouldn't walk around with mustard stains on year jeans, near the pelvic area. For a home rig, I couldn't care less.

 

Also, the brown Senn Momentums look classy as Schit! Like a beautiful Japanese lady in a dress and heels classy, only headphones.... You get what I mean! :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II