Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 99

post #1471 of 4534
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdecker View Post

Beldar, the phone is ringing.
...
No Beldar, the big phone.

Ahhhh.... I see what you did there.
post #1472 of 4534
Quote:
Originally Posted by BydoEmpire View Post

 Watched/listened to the virtual haircut with my HD800s and holy schiit when the electric clippers part came up I literally jerked my head away. It was also pretty neat comparing the effect using the HD600s vs 800s. 

Did you know that video is in 128kbps MP3?
I found that put when I cheeked the video quality. 240p is the highest quality so YouTube gives you 128kbps MP3 audio.
post #1473 of 4534
You can find the recording in 256 kbit with google
post #1474 of 4534
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutDeflector View Post


Did you know that video is in 128kbps MP3?
I found that put when I cheeked the video quality. 240p is the highest quality so YouTube gives you 128kbps MP3 audio.

I was only using HE-500's, not even HD800's and it nearly felt as though as I was there. I got a haricut a couple days ago and got a good reference. I can only imagine what it'd be like if the microphones were even better quality and it was in a lossless format.

post #1475 of 4534
Quote:
Originally Posted by semaj8james View Post
 

I was only using HE-500's, not even HD800's and it nearly felt as though as I was there. I got a haricut a couple days ago and got a good reference. I can only imagine what it'd be like if the microphones were even better quality and it was in a lossless format.

http://www.hdtracks.com/dr-chesky-s-sensational-fantastic-and-simply-amazing-binaural-sound-show-133066

 

Edgar the Barber - Go go go

post #1476 of 4534
Quote:

I have the entire album from when I got my Fiio X3. I feel it's just too short and not interactive enough.

post #1477 of 4534
Quote:

 

Chesky! Don't bother with listening to it on youtube, guys - get the real deal. It's worth it.

post #1478 of 4534
My brother's friend is interested in listening to my headphones and so I lent him my AKG K702/65, and so I lent him and paired it with E07K... His impressions after a few seconds

"Mhmmmm okay" "Is it gonna be better than beats?"

I thk his impressed by it but not my Grado eh? He took it off almost immediately
post #1479 of 4534
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post
 

I get a headache from the clamp & weight after about 15-30 minutes :(


And that is why I didn't get a pair.  The sound, though, just wow.

post #1480 of 4534
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post
 

I get a headache from the clamp & weight after about 15-30 minutes :(


And that is why I didn't get a pair.  The sound, though, just wow.

I'm VERY impressed by the sound of the LCD-XC, but not impressed by the LCD-3. Haven't heard the LCD-2 or the LCD-X.

post #1481 of 4534
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 


And that is why I didn't get a pair.  The sound, though, just wow.

I'm a rather small headed persona and have no problem with the clamping/weight of the 500's with velour pads, so I'm lucky there! :)

post #1482 of 4534
Quote:
Originally Posted by semaj8james View Post
 

I'm a rather small headed persona and have no problem with the clamping/weight of the 500's with velour pads, so I'm lucky there! :)

 

I did not get a headache, but when I had them on I didn't think, "wow, these are soooo comfortable".    I actually had that thought the first time I tried the DT770s.  

 

The pressure on my head and my ears after a few minutes gave me the impression that I would be in pain after an hour of use. 

 

 

But man...they do sound good.

post #1483 of 4534
Showed by friend who wish to have a look at my FiiO E07K, I showed him the features etc and then my XBA-4. First impression was from him was "they look giant!"
post #1484 of 4534
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

Showed by friend who wish to have a look at my FiiO E07K, I showed him the features etc and then my XBA-4. First impression was from him was "they look giant!"

Then let him try the Monoprice 8320...

post #1485 of 4534

with my hfi 580s (entry fi) i tended to get either "Not enough bass" or "Yeah those are really good!"

 

with my signature djs (summit fi) i either got "I would never pay 1000$ for those" or "HOLY *insert favorite cusword here* those are amazing its like im on the stage with them it feels like subwoofers on my head its so clear" but would usually say later they wouldnt buy them for 1000$. some agree that they are worth it though.

 

So, in other words, sound aint worth 1000$ to most. No ****. I just wish people could just understand that i use these constantly and that they bring me much MORE happiness than anything cheaper... lol.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II