Strangely enough, most of my non-audiophile friends perceived the looks of the HD800 as "Professional and advanced", while to me the HD800 looks ostentatious and gaudy lol. SR-207 to 507 perhaps I would describe as looking "Professional".
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeatstagged by cb3723, 7/17/14
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- sound similar to he500 and a sennheiser HD6xx/hd580 question Last post on 12/5/14 at 10:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone dac/amp vmoda m100. Last post on 1/18/14 at 11:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio e7/e9 troubleshooting Last post on 1/4/14 at 6:39pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- O2 vs fiio Last post on 10/7/13 at 4:21am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 97
Gear mentioned in this thread:
See, to me the V6, T50RP, and DT150 look professional. The look I prescribe to the ESP950 and SR-507 is "1980s electrostatic", though nobody outside of the hobby would really have any idea what that means visually.
The HD800 does look "advanced" to me, but it doesn't look professional because I know that professionals use traditional monitors for the most part. The HD700, on the other hand, due to its updated design, seems almost like a gaming headphone in the looks department.
Watched/listened to the virtual haircut with my HD800s and holy schiit when the electric clippers part came up I literally jerked my head away. It was also pretty neat comparing the effect using the HD600s vs 800s.
Did that and the walk from the sides to my mom and sister and my mom almost jumped off the couch, she really freaked out when he whispered in her ear...
I got that alot whenever i showed them off. The long term comfort is terrible but first impressions are that they arent noticably uncomfortable
No problems there. I need to upgrade my setup to something relatively affordable, and let them listen to it.
IMO HD800 looks modern in picture but look rather professional when you see it in real life. Put it next to a tube amp and on a beautiful table next to a nice and simple iMac loaded with tons of music, looks like a paradise "space"
HD800 offer the right amount of bass for me. xD
Tested the virtual haircut with my Grado. It feels like nothing! Tested with Annie, in a quite room, feels very real though I was glad my hair wasn't cut off xD
I think they look interesting, but not particularly a fan of the look. I quite liked how they sounded, but too bright. They might have been the old version though.
I personally love the HE-500/6 look. The looks....
Has anyone ever gave a non-audiophile a chance to listen to any of the Audeze lineup? I'm kinda curious on the reactions of non-audiophiles when they listen to Audeze, and their comments on its comfort & looks.
So heavy!? xD
I had a friend listen to my Audeze last week, he absolutely loved the sound. He didn't comment on the clamping force, which interested me. Maybe my huge head stretched them wide open!
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 1 minute ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Help planning my first sitting room hi-fi setup 3 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 6 minutes ago
- › Sony bluetooth pop/snap when audio is started or stopped. Can I fix... 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 7 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)