Strangely enough, most of my non-audiophile friends perceived the looks of the HD800 as "Professional and advanced", while to me the HD800 looks ostentatious and gaudy lol. SR-207 to 507 perhaps I would describe as looking "Professional".
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeatstagged by cb3723, 7/17/14
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- sound similar to he500 and a sennheiser HD6xx/hd580 question Last post on 12/5/14 at 10:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone dac/amp vmoda m100. Last post on 1/18/14 at 11:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio e7/e9 troubleshooting Last post on 1/4/14 at 6:39pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- O2 vs fiio Last post on 10/7/13 at 4:21am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
Forgive me in advance for this review won't be focused too much on the sound. From the little while that I was able to listen to these headphones, they sounded amazing. They had a neutral tone...
First of all I would like to thank Hifinage (http://www.hifinage.com/) for arranging a review tour and sending this to me. They are really stepping up their game and slowly increasing the product...
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 97
Gear mentioned in this thread:
See, to me the V6, T50RP, and DT150 look professional. The look I prescribe to the ESP950 and SR-507 is "1980s electrostatic", though nobody outside of the hobby would really have any idea what that means visually.
The HD800 does look "advanced" to me, but it doesn't look professional because I know that professionals use traditional monitors for the most part. The HD700, on the other hand, due to its updated design, seems almost like a gaming headphone in the looks department.
Watched/listened to the virtual haircut with my HD800s and holy schiit when the electric clippers part came up I literally jerked my head away. It was also pretty neat comparing the effect using the HD600s vs 800s.
Did that and the walk from the sides to my mom and sister and my mom almost jumped off the couch, she really freaked out when he whispered in her ear...
I got that alot whenever i showed them off. The long term comfort is terrible but first impressions are that they arent noticably uncomfortable
No problems there. I need to upgrade my setup to something relatively affordable, and let them listen to it.
IMO HD800 looks modern in picture but look rather professional when you see it in real life. Put it next to a tube amp and on a beautiful table next to a nice and simple iMac loaded with tons of music, looks like a paradise "space"
HD800 offer the right amount of bass for me. xD
Tested the virtual haircut with my Grado. It feels like nothing! Tested with Annie, in a quite room, feels very real though I was glad my hair wasn't cut off xD
I think they look interesting, but not particularly a fan of the look. I quite liked how they sounded, but too bright. They might have been the old version though.
I personally love the HE-500/6 look. The looks....
Has anyone ever gave a non-audiophile a chance to listen to any of the Audeze lineup? I'm kinda curious on the reactions of non-audiophiles when they listen to Audeze, and their comments on its comfort & looks.
So heavy!? xD
I had a friend listen to my Audeze last week, he absolutely loved the sound. He didn't comment on the clamping force, which interested me. Maybe my huge head stretched them wide open!
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 30 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 52 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Need help with Beats By Dre Pro headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3