- 5,094 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeatstagged by cb3723, 7/17/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need recommendations for an amp setup for many different headphones Last post on 10/2/12 at 11:23pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone dac/amp vmoda m100. Last post on 1/18/14 at 11:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio e7/e9 troubleshooting Last post on 1/4/14 at 6:39pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 97
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Strangely enough, most of my non-audiophile friends perceived the looks of the HD800 as "Professional and advanced", while to me the HD800 looks ostentatious and gaudy lol. SR-207 to 507 perhaps I would describe as looking "Professional".
See, to me the V6, T50RP, and DT150 look professional. The look I prescribe to the ESP950 and SR-507 is "1980s electrostatic", though nobody outside of the hobby would really have any idea what that means visually.
The HD800 does look "advanced" to me, but it doesn't look professional because I know that professionals use traditional monitors for the most part. The HD700, on the other hand, due to its updated design, seems almost like a gaming headphone in the looks department.
Watched/listened to the virtual haircut with my HD800s and holy schiit when the electric clippers part came up I literally jerked my head away. It was also pretty neat comparing the effect using the HD600s vs 800s.
Did that and the walk from the sides to my mom and sister and my mom almost jumped off the couch, she really freaked out when he whispered in her ear...
I got that alot whenever i showed them off. The long term comfort is terrible but first impressions are that they arent noticably uncomfortable
No problems there. I need to upgrade my setup to something relatively affordable, and let them listen to it.
IMO HD800 looks modern in picture but look rather professional when you see it in real life. Put it next to a tube amp and on a beautiful table next to a nice and simple iMac loaded with tons of music, looks like a paradise "space"
HD800 offer the right amount of bass for me. xD
Tested the virtual haircut with my Grado. It feels like nothing! Tested with Annie, in a quite room, feels very real though I was glad my hair wasn't cut off xD
I think they look interesting, but not particularly a fan of the look. I quite liked how they sounded, but too bright. They might have been the old version though.
I personally love the HE-500/6 look. The looks....
Has anyone ever gave a non-audiophile a chance to listen to any of the Audeze lineup? I'm kinda curious on the reactions of non-audiophiles when they listen to Audeze, and their comments on its comfort & looks.
So heavy!? xD
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread 16 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Sony Xperia Z1 Compact 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-W5000 headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)