- 4,968 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeatstagged by cb3723, 7/17/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need recommendations for an amp setup for many different headphones Last post on 10/2/12 at 11:23pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone dac/amp vmoda m100. Last post on 1/18/14 at 11:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio e7/e9 troubleshooting Last post on 1/4/14 at 6:39pm in Portable Headphone Amps
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 97
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Strangely enough, most of my non-audiophile friends perceived the looks of the HD800 as "Professional and advanced", while to me the HD800 looks ostentatious and gaudy lol. SR-207 to 507 perhaps I would describe as looking "Professional".
See, to me the V6, T50RP, and DT150 look professional. The look I prescribe to the ESP950 and SR-507 is "1980s electrostatic", though nobody outside of the hobby would really have any idea what that means visually.
The HD800 does look "advanced" to me, but it doesn't look professional because I know that professionals use traditional monitors for the most part. The HD700, on the other hand, due to its updated design, seems almost like a gaming headphone in the looks department.
Watched/listened to the virtual haircut with my HD800s and holy schiit when the electric clippers part came up I literally jerked my head away. It was also pretty neat comparing the effect using the HD600s vs 800s.
Did that and the walk from the sides to my mom and sister and my mom almost jumped off the couch, she really freaked out when he whispered in her ear...
I got that alot whenever i showed them off. The long term comfort is terrible but first impressions are that they arent noticably uncomfortable
No problems there. I need to upgrade my setup to something relatively affordable, and let them listen to it.
IMO HD800 looks modern in picture but look rather professional when you see it in real life. Put it next to a tube amp and on a beautiful table next to a nice and simple iMac loaded with tons of music, looks like a paradise "space"
HD800 offer the right amount of bass for me. xD
Tested the virtual haircut with my Grado. It feels like nothing! Tested with Annie, in a quite room, feels very real though I was glad my hair wasn't cut off xD
I think they look interesting, but not particularly a fan of the look. I quite liked how they sounded, but too bright. They might have been the old version though.
I personally love the HE-500/6 look. The looks....
Has anyone ever gave a non-audiophile a chance to listen to any of the Audeze lineup? I'm kinda curious on the reactions of non-audiophiles when they listen to Audeze, and their comments on its comfort & looks.
So heavy!? xD
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Bluetooth over-the-ear headphones for PS3 and iPad/iPhone 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Asus STX II Vs Creative ZXR 6 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 319 IEMs compared (T-Peos D200R added 08/01/14... 9 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 9 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 10 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)