- 5,847 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeatstagged by cb3723, 7/17/14
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- sound similar to he500 and a sennheiser HD6xx/hd580 question Last post on 12/5/14 at 10:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone dac/amp vmoda m100. Last post on 1/18/14 at 11:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio e7/e9 troubleshooting Last post on 1/4/14 at 6:39pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- O2 vs fiio Last post on 10/7/13 at 4:21am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
I bought these from the limited selection available at an Apple Store, as I was heading on a trip the next day and needed some new IEMs for the plane ride. I read some reviews and noticed a lot of...
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 97
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Strangely enough, most of my non-audiophile friends perceived the looks of the HD800 as "Professional and advanced", while to me the HD800 looks ostentatious and gaudy lol. SR-207 to 507 perhaps I would describe as looking "Professional".
See, to me the V6, T50RP, and DT150 look professional. The look I prescribe to the ESP950 and SR-507 is "1980s electrostatic", though nobody outside of the hobby would really have any idea what that means visually.
The HD800 does look "advanced" to me, but it doesn't look professional because I know that professionals use traditional monitors for the most part. The HD700, on the other hand, due to its updated design, seems almost like a gaming headphone in the looks department.
Watched/listened to the virtual haircut with my HD800s and holy schiit when the electric clippers part came up I literally jerked my head away. It was also pretty neat comparing the effect using the HD600s vs 800s.
Did that and the walk from the sides to my mom and sister and my mom almost jumped off the couch, she really freaked out when he whispered in her ear...
I got that alot whenever i showed them off. The long term comfort is terrible but first impressions are that they arent noticably uncomfortable
No problems there. I need to upgrade my setup to something relatively affordable, and let them listen to it.
IMO HD800 looks modern in picture but look rather professional when you see it in real life. Put it next to a tube amp and on a beautiful table next to a nice and simple iMac loaded with tons of music, looks like a paradise "space"
HD800 offer the right amount of bass for me. xD
Tested the virtual haircut with my Grado. It feels like nothing! Tested with Annie, in a quite room, feels very real though I was glad my hair wasn't cut off xD
I think they look interesting, but not particularly a fan of the look. I quite liked how they sounded, but too bright. They might have been the old version though.
I personally love the HE-500/6 look. The looks....
Has anyone ever gave a non-audiophile a chance to listen to any of the Audeze lineup? I'm kinda curious on the reactions of non-audiophiles when they listen to Audeze, and their comments on its comfort & looks.
So heavy!? xD
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 13 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 51 seconds ago
- › A Concise View of Why The ATH-M50 is No Longer King 54 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 3 minutes ago
- › For Sale RHA10i. Mint condition and all accessories. 3 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2