or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 87

post #1291 of 4637

Uncle. Huge supporter of bose. Can't convert...FINE. I gave him a udac2 at least rather than a thinkpad earjack. After several minutes of listening...he was like...I LIKE MY LAPTOP EARJACK BETTER. I WILL GIVE THIS TO YOUR COUSIN.

 

My cousin listens: WOW WHAT IS THIS. GIVE ME MORE. And so I introduced him to the world of headfi. He got a 100 dollar gift card for Christmas and he spent them on hifiman re400.

Uncle is lost cause but I converted my cousin :)

post #1292 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

Good luck doing that... 

 

If you really need a super-realistic example to understand the point..

 

"Why would I buy a Lamborghini Murcielago when I can just stick a turbo on a Nissan Patrol?"

post #1293 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post

 

 He said it all sounded really clear, but why spend so much on professional headphones if I am only using them to listen to and not using them for sound production?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

"Why buy a Ferrari when I can just modify a Toyota Carolla to do similar speeds?"

Because Audiophile. Haha

 

 

 

But in terms of cars, I would put a turbo on my '97 Eclipse before spending 20 grand on a Civic Si or something.

post #1294 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

If you really need a super-realistic example to understand the point..

 

"Why would I buy a Lamborghini Murcielago when I can just stick a turbo on a Nissan Patrol?"

 

LOL...  But that Patrol would be so fun to rally with a turbo on it!  /troll (I should probably stop XD). 

post #1295 of 4637

Why are you wearing a black stethoscope? (Reaction to my Aedle VK-1 carbon).

post #1296 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

If you're going to quote someone who posted a whole bunch of full-sized photos, you should at least put them in a spoiler. XD

Anywho, the T5p is labeled as an "audiophile" headphone? It sounds okay but nowhere even near "audiophile" in my opinion. The bass was fat and loose-sounding, the treble harsh, and the midrange a bit shouty, which is good for vocal monitoring like the Sony MDR-7506, which is 5 times cheaper.

.......holy schiit, never mind. The T5p is freaking $1000+????? That's 10 times the price of the MDR-7506.
Super sad face...

From: http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BeyerdynamicT5p.pdf


I guess the [in]famous Tesla drivers don't do it justice. :/

While demoing the T5P I was largely unimpressed. I found the DT880's to be miles ahead. The bass seemed nonexistant and responded horribly with EQ. All the demo's were done with a Fiio X3.

post #1297 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by semaj8james View Post

While demoing the T5P I was largely unimpressed. I found the DT880's to be miles ahead. The bass seemed nonexistant and responded horribly with EQ. All the demo's were done with a Fiio X3.

So the bass is fat and loose sounding... But also nonesistant?
post #1298 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by barid View Post


So the bass is fat and loose sounding... But also nonesistant?

Oops, posted in wrong thread! I don't think I ever said the bass was fat and loose.

post #1299 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by semaj8james View Post
 

Oops, posted in wrong thread! I don't think I ever said the bass was fat and loose.


 Yeah I was combining your comments with the previous poster you had quoted (miceblue).  More or less to illustrate how different we all hear things.  Because to me those are fairly opposing views.  And if I was coming in here reading impression with no prior knowledge it would be impossible to determine anything from such an exchange.

 

Not a knock on either impression, just a note on how you never know until you try yourself.

 

*Full disclosure, I happen to like beyer phones and think the T1 is best all-arounder jack of all trades in my collection.

post #1300 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by barid View Post
 


 Yeah I was combining your comments with the previous poster you had quoted (miceblue).  More or less to illustrate how different we all hear things.  Because to me those are fairly opposing views.  And if I was coming in here reading impression with no prior knowledge it would be impossible to determine anything from such an exchange.

 

Not a knock on either impression, just a note on how you never know until you try yourself.

 

*Full disclosure, I happen to like beyer phones and think the T1 is best all-arounder jack of all trades in my collection.

I've only gotten to sample a few Beyerdynamic cans, but I personally love the DT880's.

post #1301 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by barid View Post
 


 Yeah I was combining your comments with the previous poster you had quoted (miceblue).  More or less to illustrate how different we all hear things.  Because to me those are fairly opposing views.  And if I was coming in here reading impression with no prior knowledge it would be impossible to determine anything from such an exchange.

 

Not a knock on either impression, just a note on how you never know until you try yourself.

 

*Full disclosure, I happen to like beyer phones and think the T1 is best all-arounder jack of all trades in my collection.

Truly T1 are the best all around headphones. Still, for certain types of music like heavy techno [rave] or lunatic heavy metal with their distorted sound, headphones that have weak treble would be a better choice. T1 expose bad audio mastering and these days many recordings are of substandard quality. Deliberately made to sound awful.

post #1302 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorin View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by barid View Post
 


 Yeah I was combining your comments with the previous poster you had quoted (miceblue).  More or less to illustrate how different we all hear things.  Because to me those are fairly opposing views.  And if I was coming in here reading impression with no prior knowledge it would be impossible to determine anything from such an exchange.

 

Not a knock on either impression, just a note on how you never know until you try yourself.

 

*Full disclosure, I happen to like beyer phones and think the T1 is best all-arounder jack of all trades in my collection.

Truly T1 are the best all around headphones. Still, for certain types of music like heavy techno [rave] or lunatic heavy metal with their distorted sound, headphones that have weak treble would be a better choice. T1 expose bad audio mastering and these days many recordings are of substandard quality. Deliberately made to sound awful.

lol.

post #1303 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorin View Post
 

Truly T1 are the best all around headphones. Still, for certain types of music like heavy techno [rave] or lunatic heavy metal with their distorted sound, headphones that have weak treble would be a better choice. T1 expose bad audio mastering and these days many recordings are of substandard quality. Deliberately made to sound awful.

 

Funny, I think the T1 is a very good headphone for Heavy Metal music (most of my metal is older stuff and MY newer stuff tends to be a bit better mastered being Proggy)


Edited by Eternal Schism - 1/13/14 at 4:52am
post #1304 of 4637

So I took my dt 770 pro 32ohms to a friend's house this past weekend (without an amp, still waiting for my fiio e17) and let a couple of my friends give them a listen. Surprisingly, all of them could tell the difference straight away between the cheap headphones that they're used to and the Beyers. I was getting very positive impressions all round. Plenty of wide eyes and cheesy grins. Luckily they all have (mostly) similar taste in music to me so they were happy to let me choose the songs (I tried to play only alac and 320kbps mp3). I feel pretty lucky to have the group of friends that I do because even when I told them the price (I payed $250 which is a lot but electronics are quite expensive in my country) and they all said it was completely worth it. Music is a big part of all our lives though (quite a few of my friends are in bands) so I kind of expected this outcome. It definitely makes me feel good to be able to share this experience with others :)

post #1305 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcan199 View Post
 

So I took my dt 770 pro 32ohms to a friend's house this past weekend (without an amp, still waiting for my fiio e17) and let a couple of my friends give them a listen. Surprisingly, all of them could tell the difference straight away between the cheap headphones that they're used to and the Beyers. I was getting very positive impressions all round. Plenty of wide eyes and cheesy grins. Luckily they all have (mostly) similar taste in music to me so they were happy to let me choose the songs (I tried to play only alac and 320kbps mp3). I feel pretty lucky to have the group of friends that I do because even when I told them the price (I payed $250 which is a lot but electronics are quite expensive in my country) and they all said it was completely worth it. Music is a big part of all our lives though (quite a few of my friends are in bands) so I kind of expected this outcome. It definitely makes me feel good to be able to share this experience with others :)

And turn out, they are actually an audiophile deep in the core. xD [maybe?]

 

Anyway, good to hear that! Happy listening xD

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II