New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Phonak Audeo to close down? - Page 5

post #61 of 121

If anyone is interested, I am letting a pair of NIB PFE 232`s go at a reasonable price here, http://www.head-fi.org/t/651736/phonak-audeo-pfe-232-new-factory-sealed-in-box, I also have a NIB pair of 122`s.

post #62 of 121
The PFE-122 were my gateway IEM. This is sad news indeed... makes me wish I'd never sold them.

It's funny how sentimentality has arisen in me at the thought of the PFEs cessation.
post #63 of 121

How long do Comply tips last in sealed unused storage? As the EU Phonak store is the cheapest non-Ebay source for the T-130 tips, which are the only ones the PFE 232 accept. Short-term pain, long term gain

 

For anyone interested the EU store delivered my filters impressively quickly from Holland. Now have enough filters for the next decade if the IEM last that long!

post #64 of 121

Despite an overall competence in sound quality my Phonaks never succeeded in displacing other IEM from my ear canals.  Where I will give them extreme kudos is in the area of comfort; it's a well thought out design and another company would do well to purchase the related patents.

post #65 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post

Despite an overall competence in sound quality my Phonaks never succeeded in displacing other IEM from my ear canals.  Where I will give them extreme kudos is in the area of comfort; it's a well thought out design and another company would do well to purchase the related patents.

This is true. The choice of filters / signatures is also something other companies could learn from.
post #66 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC_SL View Post

How long do Comply tips last in sealed unused storage? As the EU Phonak store is the cheapest non-Ebay source for the T-130 tips, which are the only ones the PFE 232 accept. Short-term pain, long term gain

 

For anyone interested the EU store delivered my filters impressively quickly from Holland. Now have enough filters for the next decade if the IEM last that long!

I wouldn't bother with complys. I'd get a ACS custom sleeve instead, after a year or two it'll pretty much have paid for itself in unused complys(which last 4-6 weeks before I need to replace them, dang my waxy ears).

post #67 of 121

Presumably you mean email ACS directly as Phonak are not listed as being compatible with their sleeves

post #68 of 121

Well....I'm in the U.S. and can no longer access anything Audeo-related, other than a start page that never lets me go anywhere.  The kicker is that I placed an order for some ear tips on Feb. 20, got order confirmation & my money was taken.  Hoping they actually shipped the damn things.  Not exactly huge money involved here, but if I'm gonna give away $20USD, I'd rather it go to my niece's Girl Scouts troop.  I sent an email to order@audeoworld.com w/ no response yet.  Oh well, it is what it is.

post #69 of 121

You could try their hearing aid division. http://www.phonak.com/us/b2c/en/home.html

post #70 of 121

Only temporarily down. Site back up.

post #71 of 121

I'm always saddened to hear of a company producing quality products that had to exit its market.  Given all the positive reviews, clearly the products were not to blame.  I love my 112s if only for their styling and ease of insertion, let alone the ability to tune them to my mood.

 

I suspect weak marketing and distribution, along with the EU economic crisis, all contributed to this closure.  Like many other products, those who sell a "lifestyle" are usually the winners (ie. Apple, Harley, Beats).  But being the "world's largest hearing aid manufacturer" really didn't help that image, did it?  Imagine if their message was "Swiss Precision" instead of "Life is On"...  There's a business lesson to be learned here.

post #72 of 121
This is a real shame. PFE are such fine earphone. I always felt if they had a much stronger push with sound marketing they could have really caught on.


I'd be interested to know what iems do people feel are good competitors to the PFE 1XX? Not necessarily in exact sound signature, but in general price & sound quality.
post #73 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by haf68 View Post

This is a real shame. PFE are such fine earphone. I always felt if they had a much stronger push with sound marketing they could have really caught on.


I'd be interested to know what iems do people feel are good competitors to the PFE 1XX? Not necessarily in exact sound signature, but in general price & sound quality.

 

JVC FXT90, Etymotic HF series, likely the new Hifiman RE400 as well... Personally, I prefer the Ety HF in that price range, as they are more resolving and and have smoother, more natural highs, although PFE does have the edge in dynamics and low end extension.

post #74 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by haf68 View Post

This is a real shame. PFE are such fine earphone. I always felt if they had a much stronger push with sound marketing they could have really caught on.


I'd be interested to know what iems do people feel are good competitors to the PFE 1XX? Not necessarily in exact sound signature, but in general price & sound quality.

 

The ER-4S is extremely similar to the pfe 112.  With the proper tips and fit they are essentially similar frequency response with the pfe having a bit better bass/sub bass, but the er-4s having more level treble.  There is a slight bump in the pfe112 treble that gives them a slight sort of forwardness and warmth in vocals in such.  It can actually be quite pleasing.  I'd say the er-4s are a little more accurate, but the pfe112 are loads more comfortable and easy to use and cool looking. ha.  The sad thing is that the pfe112 compared so favorably to the er-4s, but was almost half the price. :-/  Too bad.

post #75 of 121

It would be even greater if the 112 came down in price.  It's already cheaper than the 232 and I have both and consider it a much better earphone.  More flat/neutral and, well, cheaper. :-P  Can you imagine a pfe112 for $100 or so!  That would be amazing.  I'd buy more for backups.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: