New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Phonak Audeo to close down? - Page 3

post #31 of 123
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

They can be cleaned. I suspect they go down in price simply because they are high to start with and it's no longer fotm.

Oh cool. I didn't know that.

 

I've just done a quick search and found the thread about using hydrogen peroxide as a cleaning agent.

Would i be correct in thinking that Otex would work, as it contains hyrogen peroxide?

 

 

 

I've had an email reply from Phonak regarding the situation for UK owners:

 

"Thank you for your email.


You can purchase products and accessories until end of March from our website (as long as stock lasts). After the 31st March our partner in the UK is still selling his products and accessories of the remaining stock.

For any issues in the future you can easily contact us per email on operations.audeoworld@phonak.com "
 


Edited by CaptainRedBeard - 2/11/13 at 10:33am
post #32 of 123

My intention is to buy several packs of grey filters to stock up for the years to come. Should last long enough, in fact am still using the factory pair of greys and physically cannot see them needing a change. Presumably there is no flaw involved in this plan?

post #33 of 123

No, no flaw; only that you'll be out of however much money, and Phonak will probbbably still have some in their stock for many years. They don't take up space and will only become more valuable over time and have no purpose for other products, so why wouldn't the business themselves hold onto them even after discontinuing a product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC_SL View Post

My intention is to buy several packs of grey filters to stock up for the years to come. Should last long enough, in fact am still using the factory pair of greys and physically cannot see them needing a change. Presumably there is no flaw involved in this plan?

post #34 of 123

I’m sad to see how few posts this thread has gotten.  In a world filled companies that release a “new” IEM every few months, FOTMs, and price/brand/driver induced placebo, Audeo really stood out with offering a single (eventually 2) great product.

 

The PFE 112 was an eye opener for me.  For a reasonable price I got an IEM that sounded awesome, was very comfortable, and durable.  While others were claiming you needed multiple drivers (and charging $350+) to reproduce the audible range, Audeo did it with one driver!  IMO the PFE 112 does a lot of things better than a lot of IEMs and full sized headphones, many of which are much more expensive.

 

Even though the PFE 112 bass range responded very well to EQ, my one quibble with the 112 was that it needed a little more bass quantity and impact - the quality was already superb.  I was very excited by the 232, but was very let down by the price.  If it was cheaper I would have pre-ordered the second it was available.

 

I purchased a 132 (with a 25% off coupon!) last night as a spare.  Was it fate that it was Valentine’s day?

 

Should I buy another spare?  Despite trying many other headphones, I’ve never settled on anything to replace the 112.

 

Thanks Audeo for the fantastic product!

post #35 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by odigg View Post

I’m sad to see how few posts this thread has gotten.  In a world filled companies that release a “new” IEM every few months, FOTMs, and price/brand/driver induced placebo, Audeo really stood out with offering a single (eventually 2) great product.

 

The PFE 112 was an eye opener for me.  For a reasonable price I got an IEM that sounded awesome, was very comfortable, and durable.  While others were claiming you needed multiple drivers (and charging $350+) to reproduce the audible range, Audeo did it with one driver!  IMO the PFE 112 does a lot of things better than a lot of IEMs and full sized headphones, many of which are much more expensive.

 

Even though the PFE 112 bass range responded very well to EQ, my one quibble with the 112 was that it needed a little more bass quantity and impact - the quality was already superb.  I was very excited by the 232, but was very let down by the price.  If it was cheaper I would have pre-ordered the second it was available.

 

I purchased a 132 (with a 25% off coupon!) last night as a spare.  Was it fate that it was Valentine’s day?

 

Should I buy another spare?  Despite trying many other headphones, I’ve never settled on anything to replace the 112.

 

Thanks Audeo for the fantastic product!

My advice is to stock up your tips. I don't think you're gonna need 4-5 sets of the same IEM but you will need a lot of filters for the years to come.

post #36 of 123

My first good iem was the Sennheiser IE7 (which I wish Senn still made!). The second was the Audeo PFE. 

 

Sad news. 

post #37 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN-0015 View Post

My advice is to stock up your tips. I don't think you're gonna need 4-5 sets of the same IEM but you will need a lot of filters for the years to come.

 

Definitely.  Planning to buy tips, filters, and even ear guides!

post #38 of 123

My guess is that they don't have a large stock of 232s in the channel, but the fact that they are exiting the business will cause the price to drop.

post #39 of 123
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by odigg View Post

 

Definitely.  Planning to buy tips, filters, and even ear guides!

The black earguides are way way better than the clear ones that came with my 112's.

post #40 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by odigg View Post

The PFE 112 was an eye opener for me.  For a reasonable price I got an IEM that sounded awesome, was very comfortable, and durable.  While others were claiming you needed multiple drivers (and charging $350+) to reproduce the audible range, Audeo did it with one driver!  IMO the PFE 112 does a lot of things better than a lot of IEMs and full sized headphones, many of which are much more expensive.

Well said. Since my PFE112 arrived today(£61), I'm starting to wonder how Sennheiser gets away with charging £200+ for the IE80, which is inferior in every since way except soundstage size.

 

I with the PFE232 wasn't still £399 though. I hope they drop to around £200-250 due to Phonak pulling out of the market.

post #41 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Well said. Since my PFE112 arrived today(£61), I'm starting to wonder how Sennheiser gets away with charging £200+ for the IE80, which is inferior in every since way except soundstage size.

I with the PFE232 wasn't still £399 though. I hope they drop to around £200-250 due to Phonak pulling out of the market.

I loved the pfes and there is no doubt they were/are great bang for the buck, but I would say even the IE8 beat them in many areas. Preferences ftw. tongue.gif
post #42 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalithian View Post
I loved the pfes and there is no doubt they were/are great bang for the buck, but I would say even the IE8 beat them in many areas. Preferences ftw. tongue.gif

 

I'd agree! And the IE8 was built like a tank. 

post #43 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalithian View Post


I loved the pfes and there is no doubt they were/are great bang for the buck, but I would say even the IE8 beat them in many areas. Preferences ftw. tongue.gif

I thought the stock IE80 was very unimpressive, especially for the cost. With the tape mod and JVC tips, it's quite nice(nice enough that I'm not quite as seriously considering selling them) and much more refined, flabby mid bass no longer intrudes on the nice clean mids and the detail retrieval is very respectable. I still prefer the PFE 112.

post #44 of 123
Thread Starter 

If one buys the 232 direct from Phonak, they throw in a pair of 022's, which one can sell on an auction site for around 70 quid (minus auction costs, etc), which would take a portion of the sting out of the full price.

 

I did the same for my 112's. When i bought them, they were throwing in a free pair of 012's, which, eventually, knocked around 50 quid of the original cost. :)

post #45 of 123

Find the ear guides to be too finicky. Doing without is easier and enhances low profile fit

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: