It may be possible but valves are quite inefficient (especially in class A operation), so BIG batteries are needed to give low output power, making them less portable and more transportable. Mains has been the way to go for power hungry headphones and valves. However ... miracles do happen.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 10/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Hello, denon d600 - fostex th600 Last post on 7/27/14 at 1:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Upgrade from HD600: Shure 1540 or Fostex TH600? Last post on 6/14/14 at 12:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Warm & fast: AKG K712 Pro or Shure SRH 1540 ??? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Minute EL34 SE Headphone Amplifier from SAC Paired with the TH600/Mad Dogs Pro. Last post on 6/4/14 at 1:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Audeze LCD-2 r2 & Fostex TH600 for your Audeze LCD-XC Last post on 5/21/14 at 1:13pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
and Square paper TUR-06 :-)
with iDAC & USB DAC options would have made a far more interesting product. But maybe they want to feel the waters and see how much interest they get for this portable tube amp at the price point they will be asking.
Looks like Fostex is almost ready to deliver in Feb (most likely for the Fujiya Winter portaken festival on 8th Feb?).
e-earphone just put up the HP-V1 in their catalogue at Y54,600 (Approx USD$522). :-
It looks better every time some new info comes out. I'm glad they have stayed close to the portable ethos. The proof should be in the pudding. I can't read Japanese info, however looks like 200mW/32ohm, 3.5mm sockets, 20-200kHz, all fine so far.
ADD: And 6N16B-Q Soviet valves.
Edited by AJHeadfi - 1/22/14 at 4:38am
At last the HP-V1 is now on their official website:
At 390g its not a thing I'll carry around day to day though...
I guess you mean out on their international site? for Its been out in Japan since 1st Feb (before that they were taking orders). I had a listen to it again at the Fujiya Portable Event :-
I was really tempted to pick one up at the show especially when they had specials (5x going for Y42,000+ each) and I had just dropped off my TUR-06 for repair. Unfortunately it didn't have enough grunt to drive my Alpha Dogs (but naturally drove the MH335DW easily). It wasn't microphonic as far as I can tell and that's extremely welcoming for a portable tube amp.
This will compliment my HP-P1 perfectly. Hybrid technology may be gaining more momentum, like d class amps.
Let us have a TU-06 vs HP-V1 shootout! Yeeha
Edited by AJHeadfi - 2/11/14 at 8:23am
- New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp
- › Band Name Game II 7 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 12 seconds ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 31 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 42 seconds ago
- › ### Amp/Dac under $400 ### 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 3 minutes ago
- › RSA Predator DAC/Amp *** Breath musicality to your music*** plus... 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Open vs Closed: A Review and Comparison of the AKG K712 Pro and the... 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)