It may be possible but valves are quite inefficient (especially in class A operation), so BIG batteries are needed to give low output power, making them less portable and more transportable. Mains has been the way to go for power hungry headphones and valves. However ... miracles do happen.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 10/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 12/30/14 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for the next High end purchase Last post on 12/12/14 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Whats a good step up from the D5000s? Last post on 11/18/14 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Gonna spend some money - I don't need advice, just fellow audiophiles to discuss options... Last post on 1/17/15 at 5:53pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- iem recommendation Last post on 11/15/14 at 7:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
and Square paper TUR-06 :-)
with iDAC & USB DAC options would have made a far more interesting product. But maybe they want to feel the waters and see how much interest they get for this portable tube amp at the price point they will be asking.
Looks like Fostex is almost ready to deliver in Feb (most likely for the Fujiya Winter portaken festival on 8th Feb?).
e-earphone just put up the HP-V1 in their catalogue at Y54,600 (Approx USD$522). :-
It looks better every time some new info comes out. I'm glad they have stayed close to the portable ethos. The proof should be in the pudding. I can't read Japanese info, however looks like 200mW/32ohm, 3.5mm sockets, 20-200kHz, all fine so far.
ADD: And 6N16B-Q Soviet valves.
Edited by AJHeadfi - 1/22/14 at 4:38am
At last the HP-V1 is now on their official website:
At 390g its not a thing I'll carry around day to day though...
I guess you mean out on their international site? for Its been out in Japan since 1st Feb (before that they were taking orders). I had a listen to it again at the Fujiya Portable Event :-
I was really tempted to pick one up at the show especially when they had specials (5x going for Y42,000+ each) and I had just dropped off my TUR-06 for repair. Unfortunately it didn't have enough grunt to drive my Alpha Dogs (but naturally drove the MH335DW easily). It wasn't microphonic as far as I can tell and that's extremely welcoming for a portable tube amp.
This will compliment my HP-P1 perfectly. Hybrid technology may be gaining more momentum, like d class amps.
Let us have a TU-06 vs HP-V1 shootout! Yeeha
Edited by AJHeadfi - 2/11/14 at 8:23am
- New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 5 seconds ago
- › Rooth demos: the evaluation of Rooth lineup – liquid clarity 14 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 2 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Un Die Musik ! 3 minutes ago
- › I've Made a Terrible Mistake OR My Frustrating IEMs Journey,... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3