It may be possible but valves are quite inefficient (especially in class A operation), so BIG batteries are needed to give low output power, making them less portable and more transportable. Mains has been the way to go for power hungry headphones and valves. However ... miracles do happen.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 10/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Can someone suggest $400-$600 over ear cans with good "neckability" (lol) ? Last post on 2/13/15 at 12:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can someone suggest $400-$600 over ear cans with good "neckability" (lol) ? Last post on 7/12/15 at 9:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Gaming Headphone Recommendation Last post on 2/12/15 at 1:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for closed headphones Last post on 1/28/15 at 3:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 7/5/15 at 8:31am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
and Square paper TUR-06 :-)
with iDAC & USB DAC options would have made a far more interesting product. But maybe they want to feel the waters and see how much interest they get for this portable tube amp at the price point they will be asking.
Looks like Fostex is almost ready to deliver in Feb (most likely for the Fujiya Winter portaken festival on 8th Feb?).
e-earphone just put up the HP-V1 in their catalogue at Y54,600 (Approx USD$522). :-
It looks better every time some new info comes out. I'm glad they have stayed close to the portable ethos. The proof should be in the pudding. I can't read Japanese info, however looks like 200mW/32ohm, 3.5mm sockets, 20-200kHz, all fine so far.
ADD: And 6N16B-Q Soviet valves.
Edited by AJHeadfi - 1/22/14 at 4:38am
At last the HP-V1 is now on their official website:
At 390g its not a thing I'll carry around day to day though...
I guess you mean out on their international site? for Its been out in Japan since 1st Feb (before that they were taking orders). I had a listen to it again at the Fujiya Portable Event :-
I was really tempted to pick one up at the show especially when they had specials (5x going for Y42,000+ each) and I had just dropped off my TUR-06 for repair. Unfortunately it didn't have enough grunt to drive my Alpha Dogs (but naturally drove the MH335DW easily). It wasn't microphonic as far as I can tell and that's extremely welcoming for a portable tube amp.
This will compliment my HP-P1 perfectly. Hybrid technology may be gaining more momentum, like d class amps.
Let us have a TU-06 vs HP-V1 shootout! Yeeha
Edited by AJHeadfi - 2/11/14 at 8:23am
- New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp
- › FiiO X7 Hi-Res Lossless Music Player 28 seconds ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 55 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › BEST HEADPHONES UNDER $400 4 minutes ago
- › MANDARINES foam ear tips...... perfection 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...