Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp - Page 8

post #106 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post
 

HFN is Headfonia. I wouldn't compare the Vorzuge to the V1 because the one is portable: vorzuge, the other is transportable. If you are looking for a great IEM amp, the vorz is the better amp. If you're looking for tubes, only the V1 will give you the sound you want. They are totally different. Don't look at prices, look at what you need. Then decide. 

 

Thanks, it looks like V1, my holy grail from Fostex, is still what I must get.

post #107 of 119

 

I really appreciate those people who contributed their reviews on this hybrid tube amp and I did buy it from local headphone concept shop. I also glad that I made a good choice on my very first amp to explore warm and analog harmonic distortion sound from Fostex. Besides that, I have found that some internal parts are well known components like battery from Varta company, not so bad 6N16B-Q miniature tube as well as Fostex's custom made large film and electrolytic capacitors. Again, thanks to you all.

post #108 of 119

I recently purchased an Amazon Basics case for the HP-V1...

 

 

The case is intended for 5" GPS units.

post #109 of 119
I want Share My Fostex Hybrid Tube Amp HP V1 out The Box

Source : AK 100 Gold Japan Edition
Headphone : Sennheiser HD 25 Aluminium
Cable : Crystal Cable Standarad Diamond

SQ out the. Box :
very enjoyable Hybrid Tube Amp , very sweet midrange
Very Good in detail and clarity , Wide soundstage
Very clean bass reproduction

IMO









post #110 of 119

Good stuff Rudi. For me right now this is the most exciting piece of equipment in the headphone arena. 

post #111 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHeadfi View Post

Good stuff Rudi. For me right now this is the most exciting piece of equipment in the headphone arena. 

Thank you AJ
Sound Good For My HD 25 Aluminium and JH Roxanne biggrin.gif
post #112 of 119
Fostex HP V1 best synergy are below :






post #113 of 119

Rudi, I have a question. If you could listen to only one IEM and one full size headphones, and only one set up to plug your headphones into, what it be?

post #114 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

Rudi, I have a question. If you could listen to only one IEM and one full size headphones, and only one set up to plug your headphones into, what it be?

Aloha Steve

First set up

Source : AK 240
Dac / Amp : Chord Hugo
Cable : Sys Concept 1300 strand 2,2 mm diameter
You can use from sensitive iems to hard to drive headphone like Abyss

Second set up

Source : AK 240
Amp : Wagnus Epsilon
Cable : Crystal Cable Dream line IC mini to mini
You can use from sensitive iems to low ohm headphone

IMO
post #115 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

Fostex HP V1 best synergy are below :



 

Congratulation on joining the club!

While I can understand the intention of providing scratch protection I'd rather not wrap it up like that while using the unit... it does get quite warm, there's a reason it has cooling ribs at the sides, which need free convection to do their thing.

post #116 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post

Congratulation on joining the club!
While I can understand the intention of providing scratch protection I'd rather not wrap it up like that while using the unit... it does get quite warm, there's a reason it has cooling ribs at the sides, which need free convection to do their thing.

Thank you

I do protection because Again scratches and My Fostex In stable Warm condition sound quality is better biggrin.gif
IMO
post #117 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post


Thank you

I do protection because Again scratches and My Fostex In stable Warm condition sound quality is better biggrin.gif
IMO

 

 

ROTFL ...

post #118 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceClass View Post


ROTFL ...

Lol hahaha biggrin.gif

I keep the stable temperature for my Fostex hp V1 , tube in warm condition sound better
IMO
post #119 of 119

Question, do hybrid tube-amps have the advantage of uncut/unclipped bass signal like tube-amps? Or are they simply harder-driving amps compared to all solid-state amps?


Edited by Infoseeker - 8/10/14 at 2:46am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp