My Sansa Clip+ is worrying me. The battery has seen better days, playback skips regularly (using rockbox) and I am afraid that the memory has developed some bad sectors.
I'm therefore considering to replace it.
I use it mainly for listening to music in quiet or semi-quiet environments (office etc.), sometimes to drown out other people (office ;) and sometimes on the go.
- FLAC support, 44.1kHz/16bit is enough, any more would be a bonus
- Good audio quality, equivalent or better to the Clip+
- USB connection (no proprietary connector)
- Charging through USB
- Folder playback ie: playback sorted by folders and filenames. eg. A/01.flac to A/02.flac to A/Sub/01.flac to B/01.flac etc.
- Folder navigation I must be able to pick any folder or any file within (hierarchically, not just a list of files in folders) and have playback start from there - but continue outside the bounds of the folder (eg. if I start in "/A/AlbumX", I want to listen to "/B/SomethingElse" afterwards)
- Access as USB mass storage or similar (plug and play, no synchronization - simple drag and drop in Windows Explorer)
- > 8GB storage
- Physical buttons
- Large (expandable?) storage
I don't care about
- High output power/headphone amp. I'll be driving a pair of AKG k420 - they happily take whatever I throw at them and are more than sensitive enough for mobile devices.
- Price - within reason
So I'm open for suggestions :)