Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 - Page 54

post #796 of 1968

What ever you want. Sounds like a deal.  Post was for info. Buy the elma switches that they use and go for it.
 


Edited by ninexnine - 7/18/13 at 7:13pm
post #797 of 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsaxon69 View Post

Are my posts invisible? Seems like I am completely ignored in many threads...confused.gif

 

It's getting kinda funny...

Funny post. You must remember to turn off "invisible mode" under your profile jmsaxon69 biggrin.gif, otherwise people won't see your posts.


Edited by M-13 - 7/19/13 at 2:43am
post #798 of 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

Funny post. You must remember to turn off "invisible mode" under your profile jmsaxon69 biggrin.gif, otherwise people won't see your posts.


Oh crap, I forgot to uncheck that box! haha!

post #799 of 1968

Just ordered my Asgard 2, hoping it will be a nice compliment to my system. Now I can choose either tube or solid state depending on what I am listening to!!

post #800 of 1968

 

 

I just had to share :] I'm using Audioquest USB Forest cables and PYST for the RCA's. I like how short of a signal path I'm getting to my headphones :] very linear and warm sounding considering I have DT880s.

 

I recently upgraded to the Schiit Bifrost Uber and I've noticed much more texture and detail to the highs as well as a very large soundstage with great imaging of instruments and proximity. Listening to Radiohead - Amnesiac in 24 bit FLAC was quite an experience with the counter being And Justice for All - Metallica which blew my mind. One of my favorite FLACs at the moment is  96khz 24-bit Alt-J An Awesome Wave. A very awesome wave indeed :] .. that is a sound wave.

 

Okay enough bragging I just love my setup :]

 

Finally I feel like I've reached the end game of my Head-Fi experience until I decide to throw down serious bucks for LCD-2s beyersmile.png

post #801 of 1968

Nice, good to see a happy camper.

post #802 of 1968

Looks very comfy.  Wouldn't take me long to drift off in that setup :).  Trying to clean up my current setup to get a cleaner, more simplistic look.

post #803 of 1968

I'm thinking about picking up the A2 and keeping either the HD600 or HD650 but I'd like to pair the one I keep (probably the HD600) another open headphone that has a different sound signature but which is stellar with the Asgard 2. So, if you have any recommendations, knowing how the Asgard 2 sounds and where it excels, how would you finish the following. (And...Grados are out.) 

 

Ipod Classic 7th Gen > Line out > Asgard 2> HD600 + ??? 

 

OR

 

Ipod Classic 7th Gen > Line out > Asgard 2. HD650 + ???

post #804 of 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

I'm thinking about picking up the A2 and keeping either the HD600 or HD650 but I'd like to pair the one I keep (probably the HD600) another open headphone that has a different sound signature but which is stellar with the Asgard 2. So, if you have any recommendations, knowing how the Asgard 2 sounds and where it excels, how would you finish the following. (And...Grados are out.) 

 

Ipod Classic 7th Gen > Line out > Asgard 2> HD600 + ??? 

 

OR

 

Ipod Classic 7th Gen > Line out > Asgard 2. HD650 + ???

??? = HE-400!

post #805 of 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsaxon69 View Post

??? = HE-400!

Does the HE-400 pair well with the A2? Do you play it on low gain? 

post #806 of 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Does the HE-400 pair well with the A2? Do you play it on low gain? 


I hear it is a good match, don't have first hand knowledge.  I am sure someone here will chimer in.....

 

I have HE-400 but not A2

post #807 of 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

I'm thinking about picking up the A2 and keeping either the HD600 or HD650 but I'd like to pair the one I keep (probably the HD600) another open headphone that has a different sound signature but which is stellar with the Asgard 2. So, if you have any recommendations, knowing how the Asgard 2 sounds and where it excels, how would you finish the following. (And...Grados are out.) 

 

Ipod Classic 7th Gen > Line out > Asgard 2> HD600 + ??? 

 

OR

 

Ipod Classic 7th Gen > Line out > Asgard 2. HD650 + ???

Denon D600

post #808 of 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsaxon69 View Post


I hear it is a good match, don't have first hand knowledge.  I am sure someone here will chimer in.....

 

I have HE-400 but not A2

 

The A2 plus he400 is very good...wink.gif

post #809 of 1968

Had a fellow member from another site test the HE-500 on an Asgard 2, and while he said it did do good on a more 'suitable' amp, it would still be worthy of being paired together until said 'suitable' amp was obtained.

post #810 of 1968

My A2 is due today, I cant wait to see how it compares to my WA2. This is my first solid state headphone amp.... should be interesting. :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2