Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 - Page 17

post #241 of 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsurvivor View Post

Considering getting one of these. Anyone know how the perform with the DT880s 600ohm? I saw one post a few pages back and he didn't like them. If anyone else has them could you please tell me your opinions? Id greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

I saw a few post mentioning that DT990 600ohm sound great with A2, unsure about the Dt880s but i cant imagine that it would be a huge difference with them... 

post #242 of 1942

I'd say it turned out pretty good...

 

 

post #243 of 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasjw View Post

I'd say it turned out pretty good...

 

 

looks amazing! I love the grey brushed aluminium, but honestly this looks just as good 

post #244 of 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattjh90 View Post

looks amazing! I love the grey brushed aluminium, but honestly this looks just as good 

Thanks!  I like the silver too but all my gear is black so I wanted the Asgard to match.  It's basically the same brushed aluminum finish only in black as it was black anodized.  Sorry for the poor quality pic but I only have my cell phone with me.

post #245 of 1942

Holy Batmobile!! That's nice. 

post #246 of 1942

Damnnn that looks nice

post #247 of 1942
Quote:
I saw a few post mentioning that DT990 600ohm sound great with A2, unsure about the Dt880s but i cant imagine that it would be a huge difference with them... 

 

That's what ive been seeing as well. I wouldn't think there would be a huge difference either, but just curious. 

post #248 of 1942

Ok I'm now getting a hum from my asgard 2. Sigh. It's not mechanical though. It's coming through my headphones and desktop speakers when I use them via the preamp out. It comes and goes though. It's very very annoying. It goes down when I use low gain over high gain. But the fact it gets stronger, softer, disappears, comes louder, etc is very annoying.

Might wait a little while and then see if it goes away and if not send it back. Not loving my first Schiit product.

post #249 of 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasjw View Post

I'd say it turned out pretty good...

 

Interesting :) How did you manage to leave logos white? And did you paint/anodized the volume knob as well? :-)

post #250 of 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalb View Post

Ok I'm now getting a hum from my asgard 2. Sigh. It's not mechanical though. It's coming through my headphones and desktop speakers when I use them via the preamp out. It comes and goes though. It's very very annoying. It goes down when I use low gain over high gain. But the fact it gets stronger, softer, disappears, comes louder, etc is very annoying.
Might wait a little while and then see if it goes away and if not send it back. Not loving my first Schiit product.

Make sure it's not just dirty power being transmitted from your computer to your amp. Unplug certain things in your chain and see if you still hear it. Unplug and run your laptop off the battery, unplug your DAC, etc
post #251 of 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollinaris View Post

Interesting :) How did you manage to leave logos white? And did you paint/anodized the volume knob as well? :-)

 

Looks like the logo were left gray. He does not show the volume pot. 

post #252 of 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

 

Looks like the logo were left gray. He does not show the volume pot. 


I think that's why he was asking a question to the guy........

post #253 of 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by EraserXIV View Post


Make sure it's not just dirty power being transmitted from your computer to your amp. Unplug certain things in your chain and see if you still hear it. Unplug and run your laptop off the battery, unplug your DAC, etc

Sorry I forgot to mention that I already tried unplugging my DAC from the amp and the noise remained exactly the same. So it's not related to the DAC or my computer. All that was plugged into the amp was its own power cord and my headphones/desktop speakers. Both emitted the noise. It's coming and going. At the moment I can not hear it, but when I can hear it it is very loud.

post #254 of 1942

It could be dirty AC enter your amp.  Try it from another outlet, preferably in another house or place of work.  If it continues, email Jason at Schiit.  He'll take care you of very quickly.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalb View Post

Sorry I forgot to mention that I already tried unplugging my DAC from the amp and the noise remained exactly the same. So it's not related to the DAC or my computer. All that was plugged into the amp was its own power cord and my headphones/desktop speakers. Both emitted the noise. It's coming and going. At the moment I can not hear it, but when I can hear it it is very loud.

post #255 of 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollinaris View Post

Interesting :) How did you manage to leave logos white? And did you paint/anodized the volume knob as well? :-)

 

Thanks, the logos are actually grey.  Just an FYI, it's black anodized not painted.  It's not perfect though.  You can see the headphone logo lost a little piece but it's good enough for me.  I forgot to anodize the volume knob so for now it has a "two tone look".  Here's a picture of it after I put it back together. Sorry for the piece of lint in the upper right and any other specs of dust you might see.  I'll try to clean it up a little better next time.  If there is enough interest, I was thinking about possibly offering a service to convert people's Schiit gear over to black as well as offering custom LEDs like blue/red/green, etc.

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2