Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 - Page 16

post #226 of 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post

As always, Jason and Schiit have made it right.  They are once again taking proper care of me.  Gotta love a great company with great customer service.

 

So what did they do? Send you another one? 

post #227 of 1903

Giving me a refund while I sit on the sidelines while they figure out the transformer problems.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post

So what did they do? Send you another one? 

post #228 of 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post

Giving me a refund while I sit on the sidelines while they figure out the transformer problems.  

 

Oh... Bummer. Glad you got your money back though.. 

post #229 of 1903

If they fix the transformer issue, I'll strongly consider getting it again.  It sounds bloody brilliant as an amp. I've never heard my DT990/600 ohm sound better.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post

Oh... Bummer. Glad you got your money back though.. 

post #230 of 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post

If they fix the transformer issue, I'll strongly consider getting it again.  It sounds bloody brilliant as an amp. I've never heard my DT990/600 ohm sound better.
I would have to completely agree on how A2 makes DT990 shine.

As a matter of fact, this combo sounds not too far behind T90 with M1HPA, which is kind of crazy to me.

Mine also has some mechanical hum but it is quite within the limits as not too bother me much.
post #231 of 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnAngel View Post

If you are don't mind a possibility of noise and (electrical) hum - see my posts #168 and #171 - then it might be.

 

I saw your earlier posts, and appreciated them....sort of.  I also have low impedance Grados (the PS500's) and now I'm starting to get cold feet about picking up this new amp.

post #232 of 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGreco View Post

I saw your earlier posts, and appreciated them....sort of.  I also have low impedance Grados (the PS500's) and now I'm starting to get cold feet about picking up this new amp.
Sorry for that, did not mean to discourage you smily_headphones1.gif It is still an amazing amp, and there is an easy way to try and decide for yourself; worst case you could just ship it back
post #233 of 1903

Can't wait till Jason gets the hum problem sorted out. In the meantime I guess I'll have to settle with my lowly Asgard V1 :)  JK, I love my Asgard! But I will be getting the new version once the minor glitches are fixed..

post #234 of 1903
They'll get it sorted out. And, as good as they've taken care of my exchanges and returns, I am tempted to order another one when it's fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atbglenn View Post

Can't wait till Jason gets the hum problem sorted out. In the meantime I guess I'll have to settle with my lowly Asgard V1 smily_headphones1.gif  JK, I love my Asgard! But I will be getting the new version once the minor glitches are fixed..
post #235 of 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by atbglenn View Post

Can't wait till Jason gets the hum problem sorted out. In the meantime I guess I'll have to settle with my lowly Asgard V1 :)  JK, I love my Asgard! But I will be getting the new version once the minor glitches are fixed..

And where can you get the original Asgard 1---used???

post #236 of 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek200 View Post

And where can you get the original Asgard 1---used???

I'm not selling mine right now, that's for sure :)  

post #237 of 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by amham View Post

I received my Asgard 2 several days ago and have been burning it in.  The mechanical hum is at a very low level, cannot hear it until I place my ear directly against the chassis.  This is more than acceptable.  Turning the gain up fully in the high gain setting does exhibit an audible hum through phones BUT any amp, regardless of cost, would including my Woo WA6SE.  Once again, this is with the gain at maximum with no signal input at the most sensitive gain setting.  Also, the A2 runs significantly cooler than my A1, for whatever that is worth.  My A1 is up for sale for anyone interested, I will accept any reasonable offer.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek200 View Post

And where can you get the original Asgard 1---used???

Post #162 in this thread; not sure if it's still available though

post #238 of 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek200 View Post

And where can you get the original Asgard 1---used???

Just getting a little antsy...thats all......,I'll wait .

post #239 of 1903
I guess I got lucky mine sounds great no hum
post #240 of 1903

Considering getting one of these. Anyone know how the perform with the DT880s 600ohm? I saw one post a few pages back and he didn't like them. If anyone else has them could you please tell me your opinions? Id greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2