Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 - Page 141

post #2101 of 2107

Hey guys, 

 

quick question: If I have a pair of powered speakers connected to the RCA out, how do I control the volume of the speakers? On the speaker itself, or through the Asgard directly (and set the volume knob on the speaker to max)? 

 

Apologies for the stupid question. 

post #2102 of 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanhindra View Post
 

Hey guys, 

 

quick question: If I have a pair of powered speakers connected to the RCA out, how do I control the volume of the speakers? On the speaker itself, or through the Asgard directly (and set the volume knob on the speaker to max)? 

 

Apologies for the stupid question. 


It's really a choice of convenience. I set the speakers at a level that gives me a good range of control on the Asgard 2 and then just use the Asgard 2 to control the volume. 

post #2103 of 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy205100 View Post
 


It's really a choice of convenience. I set the speakers at a level that gives me a good range of control on the Asgard 2 and then just use the Asgard 2 to control the volume. 

I'm hoping to replicate a similar behaviour with the Asgard 2 from my current setup. 

 

My current setup is Sony UDA-1, connected to unpowered speakers (via terminal cables); when I unplug any connected headphone, the DAC would switch the sound signal to the speakers. However, IT SEEMS that the volume is set "just right"; as in 10:00 on the volume knob is just right to drive the HD800; when I unplug the headphones, it sounds "just right" too on the speakers. Is this something I'd have to figure out the "sweet spot" between the volume on whatever powered speakers I will get (most likely something cheap like MAudio AV30) and the Asgard 2? 

post #2104 of 2107

Sorry for the never ending nonsense from me…

 

but what's the popular choice of speakers pairing with the Asgard 2?

post #2105 of 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanhindra View Post
 

Sorry for the never ending nonsense from me…

 

but what's the popular choice of speakers pairing with the Asgard 2?

 

The Audioengine A2s sound great with Asgard 2, but you can do better for more $.

post #2106 of 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanhindra View Post
 

Sorry for the never ending nonsense from me…

 

but what's the popular choice of speakers pairing with the Asgard 2?

Used the A2+s for a while and now I'm using Kanto YU5s, much bigger speakers and a bit bigger sound, sometimes they go on sale for around $200

post #2107 of 2107

Hey guys, I'm running a Fiio Mont Blanc to my recently purchased HiFiMan HE400i & although it sounds good, I really don't have another amp to compare it to.

 

The A2 is in my price range so would I really be stepping up in quality of sound? Or are they too similar?

 

Sorry I'm still a newbie but I'm learning!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2