Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 - Page 110

post #1636 of 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

Spec's are a tricky thing. They can be measured under ideal conditions, they can also be incomplete. There are many measurements that characterize sound, usually the tranient type of measurements are either not made or disclosed. How often is Transient Intermodulation Distortion (TIMD) disclosed? Almost never and it sounds awful. An inadequate design cannot use negative feedback to correct this. On the flipside there are many of us meat popsicles (Korben Dallas) that claim to hear what is not there or not hear what is there.
With my Asgard 2, I can hear the future! I love the "Fifth Element" reference.
post #1637 of 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrnie View Post


With my Asgard 2, I can hear the future! I love the "Fifth Element" reference.

Did you notice which IEMs the Blue Diva was wearing?

post #1638 of 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Did you notice which IEMs the Blue Diva was wearing?

No, I never paid attention to it back then but I know what I'm watching tonight!

post #1639 of 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrnie View Post
 

No, I never paid attention to it back then but I know what I'm watching tonight!

What a voice, sounds like a job for the Asgard 2.

post #1640 of 1968

Just ordered an Asgard 2 The last Schiit amp I had was a Valhalla and I loved it (even with me low impedance headphones). I think with my Gungnir and NAAD HP50 the Asgard should be a great fit. Look forward to giving my impressions.

post #1641 of 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Defender View Post
 

Just ordered an Asgard 2 The last Schiit amp I had was a Valhalla and I loved it (even with me low impedance headphones). I think with my Gungnir and NAAD HP50 the Asgard should be a great fit. Look forward to giving my impressions.


I had a pair of NAD HP50's for a few days and really liked the way they sounded with the Asgard 2, you won't be disappointed!

 

My only issue was that it fit my head a little weird and I thought both of the cables were waaaay too short  I can see having one short cable and one long cable, but why package 2 really short cables?

 

Tell us what you think when you get it.

post #1642 of 1968

Absolutely loving the synergy I get from the AG2 with my H3...

 

post #1643 of 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by terance View Post
 


I had a pair of NAD HP50's for a few days and really liked the way they sounded with the Asgard 2, you won't be disappointed!

 

My only issue was that it fit my head a little weird and I thought both of the cables were waaaay too short  I can see having one short cable and one long cable, but why package 2 really short cables?

 

Tell us what you think when you get it.


Will do brother. I agree, cable length is ridiculous. I will be purchasing an extension cable for sure as my sitting position is about 12 feet away from my stereo. Cheers.

post #1644 of 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Defender View Post
 


Will do brother. I agree, cable length is ridiculous. I will be purchasing an extension cable for sure as my sitting position is about 12 feet away from my stereo. Cheers.

The problem with extension cables is that they have a single groundwire whereas the headphone cable from lets say an HE500 and many other cans have separate wires from each cup going to the plug and their groundwires meet here. WIth low impedance cans there can be a degration of separation (soundstage) while with high impedance cans like and HD600 this would likely not be noticeable.

post #1645 of 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

The problem with extension cables is that they have a single groundwire whereas the headphone cable from lets say an HE500 and many other cans have separate wires from each cup going to the plug and their groundwires meet here. WIth low impedance cans there can be a degration of separation (soundstage) while with high impedance cans like and HD600 this would likely not be noticeable.

I just heard a pair of HE-500s today.  Man those are some sweet cans!

post #1646 of 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

The problem with extension cables is that they have a single groundwire whereas the headphone cable from lets say an HE500 and many other cans have separate wires from each cup going to the plug and their groundwires meet here. WIth low impedance cans there can be a degration of separation (soundstage) while with high impedance cans like and HD600 this would likely not be noticeable.


 Do you think I might be better off having a custom made budget cable? I don't really believe in cable differences so I feel an entry level custom cable would be just fine. Do you have any suggestions? Cheers.

post #1647 of 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrnie View Post
 

I just heard a pair of HE-500s today.  Man those are some sweet cans!

Yes they are and my Asgard 2 drives my HE-500's very very nicely. Oh the sub bass extension :basshead: You can actually feel it on your ears.

post #1648 of 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Yes they are and my Asgard 2 drives my HE-500's very very nicely. Oh the sub bass extension :basshead: You can actually feel it on your ears.

Yea I had a small meet-up at my house and was able to listen to them on my Asgard.  Very cool!

post #1649 of 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Defender View Post
 


 Do you think I might be better off having a custom made budget cable? I don't really believe in cable differences so I feel an entry level custom cable would be just fine. Do you have any suggestions? Cheers.

You can find some great details provided by my bud Thurston on the link below. You can probably PM him, nice guy, even if he needs a shave (see his avatar). He can probably give you links to other posts with further information on where to buy materials. There will be no improvements in SQ, unless you really want to believe in it. By keeping separate ground wires all the way to the plug you will avoid loss of separation by using an extension cable. Like I said, if your cans are high impedance this is not such a big deal.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/551345/hifiman-he-500-he-as-in-high-end-proving-to-be-an-enjoyable-experience-in-listening/12780#post_10324197

post #1650 of 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Yes they are and my Asgard 2 drives my HE-500's very very nicely. Oh the sub bass extension :basshead: You can actually feel it on your ears.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrnie View Post
 

Yea I had a small meet-up at my house and was able to listen to them on my Asgard.  Very cool!

My HD600's also benefit from the Asgard 2. I really like this amp.

Recently I picked up a Magni to check if the claimed excess brightness of the amp is a myth. Guess what? Yep, it's overactive imaginations and parrots striking once again. I'll be using that amp downstairs in the Den for when I telecommute.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2