or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 - Page 80

post #1186 of 2478
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

Their aluminum products being colored to look aluminum makes more sense to me than being colored to look black.  

Everyone has different preferences and I respect that.  Some people prefer silver and some black.  Since all my other audio equipment is black anodized, I like to change my Schiit gear to black as well so it matches.  In any case, the beauty of anodization vs. paint is that it's an oxidation layer that's actually part of the aluminum.  As such, it retains the aluminum look and texture such that the only difference you get is the color of the dye that's added.  In fact, most silver gear is actually clear anodized (no dye added) since anodizing actually hardens the surface and therefore makes it more scratch resistant.  BTW, you might notice that the majority of audio equipment made today with aluminum is actually black anodized.

post #1187 of 2478

Well it's definitely personal preference, but I'm old school and love all the silver / aluminum  finish of older gear I grew up with.

post #1188 of 2478

Do you need to have the Asgard 2 turned on to use the volume knob for your speakers?

 

I've read that the Lyr need to be on for this to happen but it was mentioned that it isn't the same for solid state amps.

 

Can anyone confirm/deny please?

post #1189 of 2478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrows End View Post
 

Do you need to have the Asgard 2 turned on to use the volume knob for your speakers?

 

I've read that the Lyr need to be on for this to happen but it was mentioned that it isn't the same for solid state amps.

 

Can anyone confirm/deny please?


You mean to use the pre-amp outs? Yes it does have to be on. But you shouldnt be powering speakers directly from it, its a pre-amp out which is designed to go into an amp that would power the speakers.

post #1190 of 2478
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_r_ View Post
 


You mean to use the pre-amp outs? Yes it does have to be on. But you shouldnt be powering speakers directly from it, its a pre-amp out which is designed to go into an amp that would power the speakers.

The whole point of the pre-amp outputs were to hook up powered studio monitors?

 

Edit - Directly from the Asgard 2 product page "In addition, the preamp outputs can easily be connected to powered speakers, for a complete desktop system."


Edited by Sorrows End - 2/6/14 at 9:56am
post #1191 of 2478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrows End View Post
 

The whole point of the pre-amp outputs were to hook up powered studio monitors?

 

Edit - Directly from the Asgard 2 product page "In addition, the preamp outputs can easily be connected to powered speakers, for a complete desktop system."


Which have the amps built into them. So my statement was correct. The post I quoted didnt mention powered speakers so I wanted to make sure they werent thinking of powering un-amplified speakers from the Asgard 2.

post #1192 of 2478

But will coloring it black open the soundstage some more, increase details and warm the mids? :tongue:

post #1193 of 2478
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

But will coloring it black open the soundstage some more, increase details and warm the mids? tongue.gif

Yes
post #1194 of 2478
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

But will coloring it black open the soundstage some more, increase details and warm the mids? :tongue:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post


Yes

Now that we made the suggestion, the outcome is assured. :beerchug:

post #1195 of 2478
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

But will coloring it black open the soundstage some more, increase details and warm the mids? :tongue:

 

Yes, it does open the soundstage and increase details but actually darkens the mids.  :p 

post #1196 of 2478
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

But will coloring it black open the soundstage some more, increase details and warm the mids? :tongue:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasjw View Post
 

 

Yes, it does open the soundstage and increase details but actually darkens the mids.  :p 

Perhaps if they offer pinstripes that might cure the darkened mids. Now what color? Or a pinwheel to hypnotize the suggestible listener.

post #1197 of 2478
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

 

 

Perhaps if they offer pinstripes that might cure the darkened mids. Now what color? Or a pinwheel to hypnotize the suggestible listener.

 

Or they can offer this style...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

post #1198 of 2478
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

 

 

Perhaps if they offer pinstripes that might cure the darkened mids. Now what color? Or a pinwheel to hypnotize the suggestible listener.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post
 

 

Or they can offer this style...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Definitely grainy. This just goes to show that there is some Schiit to this.

post #1199 of 2478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco1965 View Post
 

Well it's definitely personal preference, but I'm old school and love all the silver / aluminum  finish of older gear I grew up with.


I could care less about color. I can paint the walls, buy some art for the walls.

 

For a $250 A-2 purchase-my only interest is-"how does this schiit sound" not interior room decoration.

post #1200 of 2478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco1965 View Post
 

Well it's definitely personal preference, but I'm old school and love all the silver / aluminum  finish of older gear I grew up with.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 


I could care less about color. I can paint the walls, buy some art for the walls.

 

For a $250 A-2 purchase-my only interest is-"how does this schiit sound" not interior room decoration.

So you don't care if it looks like Schiit?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2