Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › Same old Schiit? Um, no. Welcome to Asgard 2!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Same old Schiit? Um, no. Welcome to Asgard 2! - Page 2

post #16 of 349
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

Who doesn't like new Schiit!! Great job guys.

 

Now a little birdie told me that you guys were working on a small (Because your amps are sooooo huge) tube DAC/AMP combo that will be on sale later this year...

 

OK, so there is no little birdie and I need to stop talking to myself (at least in public) but I was hoping you guys would do the tube combo thing with your own Schiity touch so you know... Get on it :)

 

Either way, keep up the hard work and the more Schiit the better!

 

Never will be a Schiit DAC/Amp combo, or a DAC with tubes.

post #17 of 349

I have to say Thanks, Jason!  It's amazing how you guys continue to upgrade existing products like the Asgard and making the Valhalla tube rollable; even adding the relay to the amps was an upgrade to many.  I wish you lots of success and look forward to seeing what other neat Schiit you have in store for us.

 

Cheers!beerchug.gif

-HK sends


Edited by HK_sends - 2/7/13 at 2:02pm
post #18 of 349

Sweet!!biggrin.gif Can't wait for mine to ship.  Well, actually I can, cuz I dont got no choicemad.gif. But you know what I mean.

 

now just gotta get the Bifrost on order...and the new sets of headphones...and etc etc etc L3000.gif it never ends...which is a good thing.

 

Nice work!  beerchug.gif

post #19 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard View Post

Never will be a Schiit DAC/Amp combo, or a DAC with tubes.

Never? Darn, it makes so much sense
post #20 of 349

No black schiit? :) Then no schiit for me.

post #21 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCheese View Post

No black schiit? :) Then no schiit for me.

 

You could have it custom painted or send it out for powder coating yourself.  Just take the temps in to consideration.  powder coating is probably the way to go.  for this price point it would be worth it...

post #22 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfis View Post

Never? Darn, it makes so much sense

 

Something tells me that if the company that sells the Magni and Modi for $99 a piece won't sell a DAC/amp combo, they've got a really good reason! This company is not opposed to pushing the boundary on common sense! 

post #23 of 349

Hey Jason any chance of some kind of upgrade deal for current Asgard owners.atsmile.gif

post #24 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddtfan View Post

Hey Jason any chance of some kind of upgrade deal for current Asgard owners.atsmile.gif


I bet the upgrade deal is sell the old Asgard on the For Sale Thread for $125 and upgrade to an Asgard 2 for only $125 more! Actually, I bet you can sell and upgrade for less than $100 out of pocket.  

post #25 of 349
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddtfan View Post

Hey Jason any chance of some kind of upgrade deal for current Asgard owners.atsmile.gif

schiit.com/about/on-deals

 

Or, to paraphrase, "Sure. Now the price on Asgard 2 is $349."

post #26 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard View Post

schiit.com/about/on-deals

 

Or, to paraphrase, "Sure. Now the price on Asgard 2 is $349."

 

Jason. You're being modest. The Magni and Modi are both an impressive everyday deal...which you totally could have charged more for. I like your deals. 

post #27 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

 

Jason. You're being modest. The Magni and Modi are both an impressive everyday deal...which you totally could have charged more for. I like your deals. 

 

+1

That's why I bought it, due to the 'deal' I got (meaning the normal, reasonable, and frankly amazing price) for the product.

post #28 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

 

Something tells me that if the company that sells the Magni and Modi for $99 a piece won't sell a DAC/amp combo, they've got a really good reason! This company is not opposed to pushing the boundary on common sense! 


How many headphones do you own currently or have you owned since you've gone down this path?? Now tell me where common sense plays a role in this hobby of ours. I don't want common sense, I want bonkers!! I want things like the Magni and Modi (that make no sense whatsoever because of the price and quality) mashed together throw a tube in there and call it a day!! But all kidding aside you do have a point and I'm sure they have a very good reason why this isn't a winning formula to them.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard View Post

 

Never will be a Schiit DAC/Amp combo, or a DAC with tubes.


Darn... Oh well, I guess I'll just have to do the little M&M Schiit stack instead. Any reason why you guys don't like combo's or DAC's with Tube's?

 

Just curious...


Edited by DemonFox - 2/7/13 at 3:39pm
post #29 of 349
Anxious to hear this at the bay area meet!
post #30 of 349

Fair enough Jason that is very reasonable position I can understand your point just need to start saving my pennies again LOL. beyersmile.png

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › Same old Schiit? Um, no. Welcome to Asgard 2!