or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Mini-Meet in FLORIDA. North/Central area. Look here if interested!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mini-Meet in FLORIDA. North/Central area. Look here if interested! - Page 8

post #106 of 151
My first meet was hosted Bill (Hope I remembered your name right Sewer Guy) many years ago. Bought my first decent cans from Raffy (screwdriver), bought all kinds of stuff from Alex (1117) and hangout with John (jp11801) all the time. Met a lot of great friends all due to Bill hosting that meet. Depending on timing will try to attend. Sorry for getting all nostalgic.
post #107 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrion View Post

My first meet was hosted Bill (Hope I remembered your name right Sewer Guy) many years ago. Bought my first decent cans from Raffy (screwdriver), bought all kinds of stuff from Alex (1117) and hangout with John (jp11801) all the time. Met a lot of great friends all due to Bill hosting that meet. Depending on timing will try to attend. Sorry for getting all nostalgic.

hope we can get this meet going ,  give me a buzz when u guys are gonna join the ride here in sebring 

post #108 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Guy View Post
 

Hi all: I am in Leesburg. travel time from Tampa 1hr. 15 min.; from Gainesville i hr. 30 min.; Orlando by turnpike 35 min.

I live in a retirement community on Fla. 27. I have free use of our clubhouse, there are 3 rooms that would suit the purpose. I held a meet here in 2004; had 15 attendees. If some of you are interested I can host the meet. Here are conditions that need to be addressed: 1. need to establish a date as I must reserve the room in advance. 2. Refreshments & lunch; There is a commercial kitchen so drinks could be kept cold; a variety of several different sub sandwiches can be provided at cost. 3. I can provide electrical hookups.

 

I would try to get two rooms, one for listening & one for conversation. Last time the talkers annoyed the listeners. If you are interested contact me.

 

Bill Wilson

Bill, I'm *VERY* interested. Thanks for being willing to be host.

 

I'm about 90 minutes away, and generally available weekends, except for July 12.

 

Unfortunately, the only h/p I currently have is a vintage Stax SR-X Mk 3 with SRD-7 adapter. It takes a while to warm (charge) up, but I'd be happy to bring it. 

 

Doug D

post #109 of 151

Hi Guys: Before I did anything I sent MalVauex a P.M.nearly 2 weeks ago; explaining I was not trying to hijack this thread. Since I have not heard back from him; I booked the two card rooms here at our community in Leesburg for Saturday, July 19th. I need to hear from you if you plan to attend. I already have a list of your equipment, culled from your posts here. We will try to make sure there is a good variety of equipment, while keeping duplications to a minimum.

 

It would be best not to have any vendors or manufacturers as this is a small venue & not a large meet with heavy commercial involvement. Will be providing more details in the next couple of days.

 

Bill Wilson aka Sewer Guy

post #110 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Guy View Post
 

Hi Guys: Before I did anything I sent MalVauex a P.M.nearly 2 weeks ago; explaining I was not trying to hijack this thread. Since I have not heard back from him; I booked the two card rooms here at our community in Leesburg for Saturday, July 19th. I need to hear from you if you plan to attend. I already have a list of your equipment, culled from your posts here. We will try to make sure there is a good variety of equipment, while keeping duplications to a minimum.

 

It would be best not to have any vendors or manufacturers as this is a small venue & not a large meet with heavy commercial involvement. Will be providing more details in the next couple of days.

 

Bill Wilson aka Sewer Guy

 

Sounds great, I've already marked my calendar and will definitely be attending. Thank you for booking the rooms for us.

post #111 of 151

Ah I wish I could attend! Maybe next year. :k701smile:

post #112 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Guy View Post
 

Hi Guys: Before I did anything I sent MalVauex a P.M.nearly 2 weeks ago; explaining I was not trying to hijack this thread. Since I have not heard back from him; I booked the two card rooms here at our community in Leesburg for Saturday, July 19th. I need to hear from you if you plan to attend. I already have a list of your equipment, culled from your posts here. We will try to make sure there is a good variety of equipment, while keeping duplications to a minimum.

 

It would be best not to have any vendors or manufacturers as this is a small venue & not a large meet with heavy commercial involvement. Will be providing more details in the next couple of days.

 

Bill Wilson aka Sewer Guy

Looks good for me. I'll confirm later this week but I see no reason why I couldn't attend.

post #113 of 151

Anybody coming to the meet have a Stax amp? I'd love to try it with Koss ESP-950.:tongue_smile: 

post #114 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhahacker View Post
 

Anybody coming to the meet have a Stax amp? I'd love to try it with Koss ESP-950.:tongue_smile: 

Man I'd kill to hear those Koss hps

post #115 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhahacker View Post
 

Anybody coming to the meet have a Stax amp? I'd love to try it with Koss ESP-950.:tongue_smile: 

I'll be bringing my Stax SRD-7 energizer, normal bias 6-pin, circa 1977. Will that work ?

 

Unfortunately, it and the matching h/ps are my only bit of high-quality h/p gear. I'm looking to upgrade the energizer unit to an amp with both normal and pro bias outputs, so I have a flexible upgrade path, but I probably won't have done that before the gathering in Leesburg. 

 

d.d.

post #116 of 151

I'd love to attend and would bring Audio Technica AD2ks, Fetastic Amp, Ibasso DX90, Sony ZX-1 and potentially my Metic Halo ULN- 8 dac. 

post #117 of 151
I'm workinh july 19. Can't make that day.
post #118 of 151

I am interested in Leesburg meeting as well because I live in Orlando area. Of course it depends on date because I can only do weekends and have a 2nd baby on the way in August.

I can bring my HD600, Crack with speedball and an Esoteric D70 DAC.


Edited by Dimitris - 6/19/14 at 5:18am
post #119 of 151

Hey guys - I am not around here very often anymore, but a buddy of mine told me about the meet. Unfortunately, the date doesn't work for me since I am in Afghanistan until the end of August. Next time there's a meet, someone should definitely PM me. I just bought a pair of K1000s, already own the Grado GS-1000 and the Grado X Bushmills pair, as well as the Grado GR-10 IEMs, AT ATH-M50. I am very close to purchasing an Eddie Current Balancing Act, which will be paired with the Sophia Electric Royal Princess. Unfortunately, the timing and my current location don't mix. Sometime in the future maybe?

post #120 of 151

Hi All: In the last couple of days, it has become apparent that there were several people that had prior commitments on the 19th. of July.

This morning I checked with the secretary at our clubhouse & found that the next Saturday, July 26 was also open. Changing the date should make it possible for those who were tied up on the 19th. to attend; it will also give me another week of lead time to plan.

 

THE NEW & FINAL DATE FOR THE SUMMER MEET IS SATURDAY JULY 26, 2014!!!!

 

Please let me know if you plan to attend & what equipment you are planning to bring. Contact me either in this thread or by P.M.

 

Bill Wilson

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Mini-Meet in FLORIDA. North/Central area. Look here if interested!