So, my long suffering Zune 80gb has suddenly developed a rather large crack on the screen and is generally in pretty poor shape, so it needs to be replaced. I've dabbled with a cMoy BB, and I'm rather interested in putting together a half decent portable rig of some sort to improve sound quality while I listen to music at work. Problem is I have no idea really what I'm looking for.
- Never been impressed with apple gear. However! I do have a Musical Fidelity M1CliC which has an app allowing it to be controlled by an apple device. There is no Android alternate and I don't have any apple devices. A touch would therefore possibly be of interest. I am however reluctant to use itunes, because it's awful, and I can't seem to see anything conclusive that states Ipod Touch 5g's can use an external dac/amp? Would a 4g with dac/amp be a better alternative?
- I have around 75gb of music at the moment. mp3's mainly but some FLAC (or some lossless alternate, whatever zune ripping gave me I believe).
- Streaming via Spotify would be extremely handy.
- Current headphones for portable use are Klipsch Image x10's however they are a bit battered and are falling apart, will almost certainly change these to Musical Fidelity EB-50's at some point.
- Music is very varied. Rock. Pop. Rap. Dance. Pretty much everything.
- While I am based in the UK my parents are in the states till the end of the month so I could get this sourced from the US and brought over, avoiding the stupid EU volume regs. Haven't thought up a budget, $500 maybe?
For what its worth, my home system is Mr Speakers Mad Dogs, which I love, going into a Musical Fidelity M1HPA...
Does anyone have any recommendations?