As far as I am aware, the limited edition M50 and its black counterpart are identical sonically. However, I remain curious as to which one would be best for me based on pure personal opinion. For those who own it, how does it look? Would you say that it would fit in most or all enviornments, or would it stick out too much? Do you prefer its look to the regular edition? Which offers better comfort, isolation, and feel?
Related Forum Threads
- Beginner looking for amp/DAC advice Last post on 2/13/15 at 11:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which ATH M50 to get ? Last post on 12/26/14 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As far as I am aware, the limited edition M50 and its black counterpart are identical sonically. However, I remain curious as to which one would be best for me based on pure personal opinion.
For those who own it, how does it look? It looks really nice.
Would you say that it would fit in most or all enviornments, or would it stick out too much? Yeah I guess.
Do you prefer its look to the regular edition? Yeah.
Which offers better comfort, isolation, and feel? Same, same, same, same..
When wearing them outside, they feel kind of clunky, and they don't sit around your neck properly. The wires are extremely long, even the coiled ones, so if you have the time or skill, try to get it to have a removable cable. The pads all feel and isolate the same, though you can replace them with velour, which are said to be much more comfortable. They do dry up after a few months too, and irritate my ears since my ears touch the driver plate thing.
If you plan on purchasing them anyways to wear outside, I think the LE will be too shiny and big to keep your style looking classy casual. The white pair will stand out too much. The original black pairs are the most easing on the eyes and can work with any style you have, but you still have to consider that they are big and do not act as a replacement for a scarf; basically they do not look as classy/professional/mature as no headphones.
If you are looking for "swag" (ex. with hoodies, graphic tees, large sized or branded clothing, teen fashion) rather than street casual (ex. classier clothing like cardigans, properly sized clothing), then go with what your style is. If you wear a black jacket, the original black pair will do you fine, and I would say are the most versatile. LE for the bling. Avoid red; they look terrible and stand out way too much. White to stand out (and purchase a pair of white sneakers and belt to go with it).
Basically, they stick out too much, no matter the colour. Many pair of headphones stick out too much. The V-Moda M80 are much smaller, so they don't look as big, and they do not obstruct your presentation as much as the M50s do. They look better in any situation. Best case scenario is to get unnoticeably small IEMs rather than the M50s if you really need music.
I'm not a fashion expert by any chance, this is just how I see it.
LE: It's basically silver with a metallic silver-blue circle surrounding the logo. Note that it uses a straight cable, it stretches to 3.5m.
Original: Coiled cable (ATH-M50, 1.2m unstretched) or straight cable (ATH-M50S) options available.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 5 seconds ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 1 minute ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › Cable burn in -- what are the arguments in favor, if any? 3 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 5 minutes ago
- › Please rank these budget IEMs (3 model short list) 6 minutes ago
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2