As far as I am aware, the limited edition M50 and its black counterpart are identical sonically. However, I remain curious as to which one would be best for me based on pure personal opinion. For those who own it, how does it look? Would you say that it would fit in most or all enviornments, or would it stick out too much? Do you prefer its look to the regular edition? Which offers better comfort, isolation, and feel?
Related Forum Threads
- Did I just blow my new ATH-M50? Please Help! Last post on Today at 5:53 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from ATH-M50 Last post on Today at 12:33 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Logitech G930's a clear winner among ATH-M50's and V-MODA M100's Last post on Yesterday at 9:59 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 - No difference between DAC and on-board audio Last post on Today at 5:36 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-MODA M100's vs ATH-M50's Last post on Yesterday at 9:00 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Edited on 5/27/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Edited on 5/13/13
Upon initial listening with these buds, I was rather unimpressed as I heard the rather familiar bloated mid-bass, sharp highs, and lack of mids that SKDY's old line carried. Then I realized that...
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As far as I am aware, the limited edition M50 and its black counterpart are identical sonically. However, I remain curious as to which one would be best for me based on pure personal opinion.
For those who own it, how does it look? It looks really nice.
Would you say that it would fit in most or all enviornments, or would it stick out too much? Yeah I guess.
Do you prefer its look to the regular edition? Yeah.
Which offers better comfort, isolation, and feel? Same, same, same, same..
When wearing them outside, they feel kind of clunky, and they don't sit around your neck properly. The wires are extremely long, even the coiled ones, so if you have the time or skill, try to get it to have a removable cable. The pads all feel and isolate the same, though you can replace them with velour, which are said to be much more comfortable. They do dry up after a few months too, and irritate my ears since my ears touch the driver plate thing.
If you plan on purchasing them anyways to wear outside, I think the LE will be too shiny and big to keep your style looking classy casual. The white pair will stand out too much. The original black pairs are the most easing on the eyes and can work with any style you have, but you still have to consider that they are big and do not act as a replacement for a scarf; basically they do not look as classy/professional/mature as no headphones.
If you are looking for "swag" (ex. with hoodies, graphic tees, large sized or branded clothing, teen fashion) rather than street casual (ex. classier clothing like cardigans, properly sized clothing), then go with what your style is. If you wear a black jacket, the original black pair will do you fine, and I would say are the most versatile. LE for the bling. Avoid red; they look terrible and stand out way too much. White to stand out (and purchase a pair of white sneakers and belt to go with it).
Basically, they stick out too much, no matter the colour. Many pair of headphones stick out too much. The V-Moda M80 are much smaller, so they don't look as big, and they do not obstruct your presentation as much as the M50s do. They look better in any situation. Best case scenario is to get unnoticeably small IEMs rather than the M50s if you really need music.
I'm not a fashion expert by any chance, this is just how I see it.
The LE look more like DJ phones for some reason, For portability they where nice but as the above poster said they sit on your neck awkwardly. The black look the best imo the LE look nice but when on they just didn't look right to me.
LE: It's basically silver with a metallic silver-blue circle surrounding the logo. Note that it uses a straight cable, it stretches to 3.5m.
Original: Coiled cable (ATH-M50, 1.2m unstretched) or straight cable (ATH-M50S) options available.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 15 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO vs AKG K-701 20 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 28 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Philips Fidelio S2. Shockingly amazing... 59 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/23/2013.... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 215 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 4 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy S2SYDA-008 Merge Earbud Headphones - Black/Chrome by KodaO
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe