As far as I am aware, the limited edition M50 and its black counterpart are identical sonically. However, I remain curious as to which one would be best for me based on pure personal opinion. For those who own it, how does it look? Would you say that it would fit in most or all enviornments, or would it stick out too much? Do you prefer its look to the regular edition? Which offers better comfort, isolation, and feel?
Related Forum Threads
- Beginner looking for amp/DAC advice Last post on 2/13/15 at 11:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which ATH M50 to get ? Last post on 12/26/14 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and also I wanted to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to headphones...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As far as I am aware, the limited edition M50 and its black counterpart are identical sonically. However, I remain curious as to which one would be best for me based on pure personal opinion.
For those who own it, how does it look? It looks really nice.
Would you say that it would fit in most or all enviornments, or would it stick out too much? Yeah I guess.
Do you prefer its look to the regular edition? Yeah.
Which offers better comfort, isolation, and feel? Same, same, same, same..
When wearing them outside, they feel kind of clunky, and they don't sit around your neck properly. The wires are extremely long, even the coiled ones, so if you have the time or skill, try to get it to have a removable cable. The pads all feel and isolate the same, though you can replace them with velour, which are said to be much more comfortable. They do dry up after a few months too, and irritate my ears since my ears touch the driver plate thing.
If you plan on purchasing them anyways to wear outside, I think the LE will be too shiny and big to keep your style looking classy casual. The white pair will stand out too much. The original black pairs are the most easing on the eyes and can work with any style you have, but you still have to consider that they are big and do not act as a replacement for a scarf; basically they do not look as classy/professional/mature as no headphones.
If you are looking for "swag" (ex. with hoodies, graphic tees, large sized or branded clothing, teen fashion) rather than street casual (ex. classier clothing like cardigans, properly sized clothing), then go with what your style is. If you wear a black jacket, the original black pair will do you fine, and I would say are the most versatile. LE for the bling. Avoid red; they look terrible and stand out way too much. White to stand out (and purchase a pair of white sneakers and belt to go with it).
Basically, they stick out too much, no matter the colour. Many pair of headphones stick out too much. The V-Moda M80 are much smaller, so they don't look as big, and they do not obstruct your presentation as much as the M50s do. They look better in any situation. Best case scenario is to get unnoticeably small IEMs rather than the M50s if you really need music.
I'm not a fashion expert by any chance, this is just how I see it.
LE: It's basically silver with a metallic silver-blue circle surrounding the logo. Note that it uses a straight cable, it stretches to 3.5m.
Original: Coiled cable (ATH-M50, 1.2m unstretched) or straight cable (ATH-M50S) options available.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 2 seconds ago
- › Upgrading to good speakers. Please help newbie to understand a... 1 minute ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Accidentally took my SE215s through a week of hillwalking in... 5 minutes ago
- › Naps feel great 6 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 6 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3