Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced - Page 39

post #571 of 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jung Woo Cho View Post

Hello I am stuck between these and the merlins. I am not genre specific or do not prefer certain sound sig, so in terms of value or performance which are bettr?

I can say without a doubt, the 3DD have the best bass extension I've ever heard in an iem. 

post #572 of 639

Mine arrived today (customs) and Have to say they're an interesting sound. Bass-wise they definitely don't outshine the Merlin in extension or resonance, and the quad-BAs in the Merlin make it a much airier presentation immediately, but there is a nice timbre hiding in the 3DD that I suspect will become more apparent after some hours of sound through them.

post #573 of 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by phntmsmshr View Post
 

Mine arrived today (customs) and Have to say they're an interesting sound. Bass-wise they definitely don't outshine the Merlin in extension or resonance, and the quad-BAs in the Merlin make it a much airier presentation immediately, but there is a nice timbre hiding in the 3DD that I suspect will become more apparent after some hours of sound through them.

Please upload some images of your custom 3DD.

I'm curious about the shell's thickness. 

post #574 of 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribeye View Post

I can say without a doubt, the 3DD have the best bass extension I've ever heard in an iem. 
Thats great to hear. How about the rest of the frequency? Juat read that treble gets a bit fatiguing, does it go away after burning?
post #575 of 639
Some comparisons with Merlin (Green, obviously)
d31npb3l.jpg
YgDascEl.jpg
post #576 of 639

Thanks phntmsmshr. 3DD housing is  thicker than other customs obviously. This is really a deficency. 

post #577 of 639

I've been listening to the 3DD and here are my few findings:

 

- Bass extension: Sub bass is superb.

- Bass quantity: Lots of bass but never bleeds. For a dynamic driver, not as much slam as I had expected.

- Mids: Smooth, not really warm but not really cold/recessed

- Vocals: Forward presentation, somewhat silky tonality

- Soundstage: Extremely shallow depth but plenty width.

- Imaging: Bad focus and separation

- Treble is okay, has some sparkle, but it has bad extension up top so sometimes it sounds unnatural and slightly muffled in the treble region.

 

- Stock tips are not that bad as reports claim, you just need to adjust it on the earpiece canals so that it points upwards so it goes inside your ears in a natural way and your ear canals don't contort the tips from inside.

- The protruding style jack reminds me of the UERM's. Stock cable connectors however are way too loose, enough to be slightly bothersome. Even the slightest disconnection will cut the sound out.

 

 

I think these are nice IEMs for vocals and sub-bass lovers who like a clean sound. Not sure if I would actually pay up $500 for it but I guess it's a relatively nice deal. I wonder if customs will change my mind and improve some aspects.

 

I'll do a comparison with the JH16FP if there is demand. Just too lazy to whip it out or type more. TH900 as well.


Edited by Girls Generation - 10/21/13 at 2:42am
post #578 of 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post
 

I've been listening to the 3DD and here are my few findings:

 

- Bass extension: Sub bass is superb.

- Bass quantity: Lots of bass but never bleeds. For a dynamic driver, not as much slam as I had expected.

- Mids: Smooth, not really warm but not really cold/recessed

- Vocals: Forward presentation, somewhat silky tonality

- Soundstage: Extremely shallow depth but plenty width.

- Imaging: Bad focus and separation

- Treble is okay, has some sparkle, but it has bad extension up top so sometimes it sounds unnatural and slightly muffled in the treble region.

 

- Stock tips are not that bad as reports claim, you just need to adjust it on the earpiece canals so that it points upwards so it goes inside your ears in a natural way and your ear canals don't contort the tips from inside.

- The protruding style jack reminds me of the UERM's. Stock cable connectors however are way too loose, enough to be slightly bothersome. Even the slightest disconnection will cut the sound out.

 

 

I think these are nice IEMs for vocals and sub-bass lovers who like a clean sound. Not sure if I would actually pay up $500 for it but I guess it's a relatively nice deal. I wonder if customs will change my mind and improve some aspects.

 

I'll do a comparison with the JH16FP if there is demand. Just too lazy to whip it out or type more. TH900 as well.

The sound with stock tips ?

I tried some kinds of tip and stocks have gave the worst sound.

post #579 of 639

Finally it arrived ^^

 

 

 

Now waiting its sougnsign after burning in...

post #580 of 639
More impressions? Anyone using with tera? smily_headphones1.gif
post #581 of 639

Does anyone know if the Moon-Audio Silver Dragon cable, for TF10's, will fit the extruded socket of the 3DD's?  Thanks. 

post #582 of 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr108 View Post
 

Does anyone know if the Moon-Audio Silver Dragon cable, for TF10's, will fit the extruded socket of the 3DD's?  Thanks. 

Won't be compatible since the polarity is different. 

post #583 of 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Guo View Post
 

Won't be compatible since the polarity is different. 


Whats the difference in the polarity?  Is it a matter of just reversing them? 

post #584 of 639

 

Someone order Ciem 3DD with recessed socket? I don't know if it's possible with 3DD

post #585 of 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ony38 View Post
 

 

Someone order Ciem 3DD with recessed socket? I don't know if it's possible with 3DD

 

It's impossible. Its bass driver takes all inside space of recessed socket. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced