Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced - Page 24

post #346 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post

 

 

well, you have full sized headphones for that right? tongue.gif


Honestly?  Speakers.  For me portable solutions need to be very portable so it's IEMs or the real thing (that being speakers).  I don't enjoy the sensation of a full sized headphone on my skull or pressed against my ears.

 

My first custom did a lot to convince me that CIEMs are as enjoyable as non-portable audio.  Here's hoping the 3DD add to that theme.

post #347 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post


Honestly?  Speakers.  For me portable solutions need to be very portable so it's IEMs or the real thing (that being speakers).  I don't enjoy the sensation of a full sized headphone on my skull or pressed against my ears.

 

My first custom did a lot to convince me that CIEMs are as enjoyable as non-portable audio.  Here's hoping the 3DD add to that theme.

 

 

but speakers, you can only have so much since they take up a lot of space. speakers also require you to place them in certain places and such... and they are also more expensive... i know what you mean when you say you dont like the sensation of a full sized headphone on your skull or pressed against your ears though. im also turning to ciems even though i dont particularly like putting stuff inside my ears because of comfort issues, hygiene issues, and the fear that i may damage my ears by having drivers so close to my eardrums. i dont even plan to go portable with audio anymore partly because i got robbed at gunpoint, i guess... and another reason is im not a careful person, i may lose or damage my stuff in public. not being aware of the surrounding is also another one. however, im still thinking of going ciem because of the intimate presentation iems offer that headphones dont. 

post #348 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post

 

 

but speakers, you can only have so much since they take up a lot of space. speakers also require you to place them in certain places and such... and they are also more expensive... i know what you mean when you say you dont like the sensation of a full sized headphone on your skull or pressed against your ears though. im also turning to ciems even though i dont particularly like putting stuff inside my ears because of comfort issues, hygiene issues, and the fear that i may damage my ears by having drivers so close to my eardrums. i dont even plan to go portable with audio anymore partly because i got robbed at gunpoint, i guess... and another reason is im not a careful person, i may lose or damage my stuff in public. not being aware of the surrounding is also another one. however, im still thinking of going ciem because of the intimate presentation iems offer that headphones dont. 


Before CIEMs I was most impressed with my Etymotic HF2 (same as the HF5 but for Android devices).  I marveled at the isolation, the sounds set against a black background, the portability.  At the same time I loathed shoving silicone or foam deep, deep into my skull.  The Comply foam were the most comfortable but didn't last very long and still required constant small adjustments to sound 'just right'.

 

A CIEM is an enormous improvement, when it fits properly it does so every time with a simple screwing/unscrewing motion.  Isolation is excellent.  Comfort is (for me and many others) superb.  You mentioned you're scared of damaging your ears; the thing is the combination of a custom fit and great isolation means you don't have to play your music loudly to enjoy it.  If anything a CIEM can help you save your hearing.

 

P.S. One more thing: If some %$#& robs you the CIEM is personalized and will be useless to him personally and difficult to sell.


Edited by Deviltooth - 6/4/13 at 7:53pm
post #349 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post


P.S. One more thing: If some %$#& robs you the CIEM is personalized and will be useless to him personally and difficult to sell.

True, but it doesn't get his money back so what the robber can or cannot do with the stolen property is of no consequence.

Been looking to take the step into a CIEM, maybe this will be the one that convinces me.
post #350 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post


True, but it doesn't get his money back so what the robber can or cannot do with the stolen property is of no consequence.

Been looking to take the step into a CIEM, maybe this will be the one that convinces me.

 

true.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post


Before CIEMs I was most impressed with my Etymotic HF2 (same as the HF5 but for Android devices).  I marveled at the isolation, the sounds set against a black background, the portability.  At the same time I loathed shoving silicone or foam deep, deep into my skull.  The Comply foam were the most comfortable but didn't last very long and still required constant small adjustments to sound 'just right'.

 

A CIEM is an enormous improvement, when it fits properly it does so every time with a simple screwing/unscrewing motion.  Isolation is excellent.  Comfort is (for me and many others) superb.  You mentioned you're scared of damaging your ears; the thing is the combination of a custom fit and great isolation means you don't have to play your music loudly to enjoy it.  If anything a CIEM can help you save your hearing.

 

P.S. One more thing: If some %$#& robs you the CIEM is personalized and will be useless to him personally and difficult to sell.

 

 

i had a hf5 before, its my first entry gear into head-fi etysmile.gif nostalgia... the isolation is also the best i have ever gotten from iem or headphone though i have never gotten ciem before. im looking forward to have ciem but i dont think i will "sidegrade" so much, i think i will save up for a totl one and be done. and about the robbing part, its what kamakahah said and plus, i will be losing my dap also.  

post #351 of 632

Based off of the frequency chart, this IEM will probably sound pretty good.  Good bass, great mids, and just about the right amount of highs. 

 

I guess it really depends on how well the dynamic drivers blend together.  With the 3DD, Unique Melody could either have a hit or just a meh

post #352 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm.chen View Post

They are not shipping to Singapore  angry_face.gif
 

Stereo is bringing them in

post #353 of 632

I thought I had received them, but it was actually another order from UM. So I will receive them only late June, early July...

post #354 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

I thought I had received them, but it was actually another order from UM. So I will receive them only late June, early July...

 

 

i know how you feel, its ok to let it out tongue.gif

post #355 of 632
Has anyone received their unit yet?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
post #356 of 632
The latest news is that the ETA is mid July.
post #357 of 632
Where did you hear the news?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
post #358 of 632

I asked them.

post #359 of 632

Things have gotten pretty quiet around here. Where the hell are my damn headphones?

post #360 of 632

Have anybody gotten theirs or at least gotten to hear a set yet?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced