Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced - Page 20

post #286 of 639
I saw this in my spam mail earlier, not sure if I should believe this or not

Apologies for the mess, posting on the mobile version of the site via my phone


Email starts
YES - THIS IS OFFICIAL.

10 May, 2013

Hi there,

That's right 68 hours to go. This is the last chance guys to get your preorder in at a seriously good discounted rate for the triple driver, triple dynamic, 3 way crossover 3DD. 3 more days only.

There has been some incorrect information floating around about this preorder bringing confusion. We want to set this straight and confirm that this preorder is LEGIT.

With a few more days running on this preorder it's not too late to get your set of 3DD's. At a never to be repeated discount rate this is as sure good a time as any to jump on the 3DD band wagon.

We need you guys to remember that not all things that you read on the internet is truthful! We only use our emails, official Facebook updates, our official Instagram accounts and our phone number to make formal updates!

We said we'd do a preorder discount for our loyal clients who signed up to our email and we're honoring it.

As long as you have read through our emails and followed the instructions, there is absolutely no reason why you wouldn't receive your preorder pricing. For those that have placed their orders, thank you and well done! For everyone else, it's not too late!


READ ON TO ORDER YOUR PIECE OF HISTORY

Get in first and you'll recieve your 3DD first up. The orders will be built based on their ID number. So first come first served. Take full opportunity of this by getting in first to get yours built first when production on the 3DD begins.


WHATS THE DISCOUNT?
To access the discount head on over to our UM shop and place your order as usual. Enter your discount code to reveal how much discount you're eligible to receive. You can cancel this at anytime prior to payment.

A few things to note. We have assigned one discount code per person that has signed up to our mailing list. Each discount code can only be used once per account.

After this discounted preorder is closed, our 3DD will go back to the standard retail price of $600USD.

This preorder is only for CUSTOM 3DD's

This includes return shipping via Fedex 3-day.


HOW & WHEN DO I ORDER?
This preorder will only be open for a limited time, opening...


Friday, May 3, 2013 (EST)
Melbourne, Australia

And closing...


Monday, May 13, 2013 (EST)
Melbourne, Australia

To convert this time into your timezone use this timezone converter -



HOW DOES IT SOUND.
We are still finishing the final tuning of the 3DD. But at $600 RRP and adjustable bass responce we are sure this ones going to be a winner for you.

/end email
Edited by B[van] - 5/10/13 at 12:53am
post #287 of 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Guo View Post


I'm not sure if the full story is necessary, but there was consensus in the company (not distributors) that there should be no more sales. However, some distributors continue with their sales regardless, and therefore, some of you can still get discounted prices currently for a couple of days. I'm willing to match the discounted prices if you show me their discount codes. 

If anyone still has doubt, email um(at)uniquemelody.co directly to clarify any confusions. 
I received a email this morning stating that UM Global have extended the 3DD preorder price ? Is the offer still on ? Can't seem to put the code in .
post #288 of 639
7pm in aus, around 5 Singapore time if I'm not wrong
Edited by B[van] - 5/10/13 at 1:11am
post #289 of 639
did i just see adjustable bass? this feature will available on two version Universe + custom right??
post #290 of 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by B[van] View Post

I saw this in my spam mail earlier, not sure if I should believe this or not

Apologies for the mess, posting on the mobile version of the site via my phone


Email starts
YES - THIS IS OFFICIAL.

10 May, 2013

Hi there,

That's right 68 hours to go. This is the last chance guys to get your preorder in at a seriously good discounted rate for the triple driver, triple dynamic, 3 way crossover 3DD. 3 more days only.

There has been some incorrect information floating around about this preorder bringing confusion. We want to set this straight and confirm that this preorder is LEGIT.

With a few more days running on this preorder it's not too late to get your set of 3DD's. At a never to be repeated discount rate this is as sure good a time as any to jump on the 3DD band wagon.

We need you guys to remember that not all things that you read on the internet is truthful! We only use our emails, official Facebook updates, our official Instagram accounts and our phone number to make formal updates!

We said we'd do a preorder discount for our loyal clients who signed up to our email and we're honoring it.

As long as you have read through our emails and followed the instructions, there is absolutely no reason why you wouldn't receive your preorder pricing. For those that have placed their orders, thank you and well done! For everyone else, it's not too late!


READ ON TO ORDER YOUR PIECE OF HISTORY

Get in first and you'll recieve your 3DD first up. The orders will be built based on their ID number. So first come first served. Take full opportunity of this by getting in first to get yours built first when production on the 3DD begins.


WHATS THE DISCOUNT?
To access the discount head on over to our UM shop and place your order as usual. Enter your discount code to reveal how much discount you're eligible to receive. You can cancel this at anytime prior to payment.

A few things to note. We have assigned one discount code per person that has signed up to our mailing list. Each discount code can only be used once per account.

After this discounted preorder is closed, our 3DD will go back to the standard retail price of $600USD.

This preorder is only for CUSTOM 3DD's

This includes return shipping via Fedex 3-day.


HOW & WHEN DO I ORDER?
This preorder will only be open for a limited time, opening...


Friday, May 3, 2013 (EST)
Melbourne, Australia

And closing...


Monday, May 13, 2013 (EST)
Melbourne, Australia

To convert this time into your timezone use this timezone converter -



HOW DOES IT SOUND.
We are still finishing the final tuning of the 3DD. But at $600 RRP and adjustable bass responce we are sure this ones going to be a winner for you.

/end email
I got these too
post #291 of 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo91 View Post

did i just see adjustable bass? this feature will available on two version Universe + custom right??

Yes. This feature is available for both versions. 

post #292 of 639

Alright that's it. I'm in the US. I love discounts. These IEMs intrigue me.

 

Now--once and for all--what's the deal on these? Preorder discount, or no preorder discount. 

post #293 of 639

going wait for a review. Since FXZ200's bass is just a tad deeper than FX700, don't know how the bass can be much better and more even if the 3DD is has bass adjustable feature.

post #294 of 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini0510 View Post

going wait for a review. Since FXZ200's bass is just a tad deeper than FX700, don't know how the bass can be much better and more even if the 3DD is has bass adjustable feature.


Seeing as how I pre-ordered these I'm really hoping that the bass is controlled and textured with excellent extension.  Most of all the crossovers should be excellent and the bass should not slop over into the midrange.

post #295 of 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post


Seeing as how I pre-ordered these I'm really hoping that the bass is controlled and textured with excellent extension.  Most of all the crossovers should be excellent and the bass should not slop over into the midrange.

Only time will tell.
post #296 of 639

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Universal 3DD. This is the first time I've made a major headphone purchase without first researching it thoroughly. But, what the hell? I like to live dangerously. This is also my first time purchasing a top class dynamic IEM. I've only ever been a BA IEM user. Any thoughts on what differences I might expect?

post #297 of 639

^ more bass impact and more rumble? I don't know about other people. But I can't really tell the difference of other aspects of the sound quality other than the bass between JVC FX700 and PFE 232. Maybe the treble on PFE 232 is better. But it's not really better, it's different

 

is there any hints on the sound signature of 3DD? more impactful bass and more quantity as well? Of course, without hindering the treble or mids.


Edited by Mini0510 - 5/13/13 at 3:49pm
post #298 of 639

How about the detail retrieval and soundstage? I'm rocking the 4.ai right now and the details are just lovely. Now, I'm not asking anyone to compare the 3DD to the 4.ai (that would be idiotic)

but if someone had some insight into the performance of dynamic drivers, how MIGHT they compare? Speaking theoretically of course.

post #299 of 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by atty101 View Post

How about the detail retrieval and soundstage? I'm rocking the 4.ai right now and the details are just lovely. Now, I'm not asking anyone to compare the 3DD to the 4.ai (that would be idiotic)

but if someone had some insight into the performance of dynamic drivers, how MIGHT they compare? Speaking theoretically of course.


I'm in the same boat you are.  I read about and research customs all the time but decided to take a chance on the 3DD.  I've a few reasons:

 

1 - UM has a solid reputation and the reviews of their other products are usually good to excellent.

 

2 - It's something new.  Sometimes it's fun to be the first guy out there with the new or different.

 

3 - I'll have a chance to review a CIEM that badly needs reviews.

 

4 - The discount.

 

   We are the few, the proud, the brave!  The first into the breach! 

post #300 of 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribeye View Post

 

People who spends > $1000 on cables and/or people who trust UM make quality products. If JH audio suddenly makes a brand new statement CIEM and offers 50% for just one day, crap load of people would happily fork over the money. Same thing applies for UM, if they're known to make quality stuff, then chances are the new products can't be too bad.
 
audiophiles choose to allow themselves to jump into a black hole that drains your wallet so honestly, not mind boggling at all!

 


This is true...a lot of people will take the plunge based on brand reputation which is pretty good in UM's case. As far as I know, they're still tuning it, so it's anybody's guess what it will sound like. I can see how some would enjoy taking a risk on a new piece of gear just for the hell of it (and having money to burn helps, of course). I'd say there are 2 trains of thought with new gear - those that need to read a review and see product specs and those who are satisfied with a picture and their own imagination. Nothing wrong with either approach.


Edited by doublea71 - 5/13/13 at 6:44pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced