- 619 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Miami FL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by yonas, 2/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Is the hifiman re-400 good upgrade for me? Last post on Today at 7:56 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- hifiman re400 as good as other makes flagships? Last post on 4/9/14 at 5:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hifiman re400 versus se530/5 - (from fiio x5) Last post on 4/14/14 at 6:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- free gifts of RE600, HM700 and RE400 Last post on Yesterday at 10:17 pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- In ear headphones for around $100 Last post on 3/27/14 at 8:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
HiFiMAN RE-400 and HM-901 - Head-Fi TV - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Dun dun DUH *dramatic musical ques*
I've heard good things about teh ef-6 as well... I'd like to see how this failure fleshes out :O
Thanks for this interview, it's pretty great that Fang is engaging with the community like this.
I would like to say something about the interview though. This is not meant as a criticism, but as a suggestion: Fang only said a few sentences during that whole interview, and I feel he was not given the space to say his thing. I realise he is not a native English speaker, and probably not a particularly extroverted person, so this kind of interview is certainly not the easiest, but I think Jude was talking too much. Perhaps this is the American style, loud and fast, but I would prefer an interview style that gives the guest a soapbox.
Also, more appropriate questions should have been asked. I learned nothing new about the RE-400. I would have like to hear Fang wax lyrical about why he feels this product has swept aside the rest of their IEM line. Ok, it's got a titanium driver, great, but they spent three years researching this design, surely he has an anecdote or two to about this research and the product s resulted in. Those are the critical questions, what is this thing, why is it better than its predecessors? We all knew it was available and what it cost.
Anyway, I'm not trying to bash, I enjoyed the interview, but I'm thirsty for details, and I feel the interviewing style could improve if the interviewee is given more space to speak.
Thank you for the feedback, Modulus. I'll keep it in mind for future interviews.
There isn't even a mention of the 801 or 901 anymore on the HiFiman website... as if they really don't exist (unless you search for the 801 Amplifier modules).
Also any word if the production unit's default amp will be able to drive the HE-500's in both Unbalanced and Balanced? I see there's a balanced/unbalanced switch.
- HiFiMAN RE-400 and HM-901 - Head-Fi TV
- › AURALiC owners unite! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 2 minutes ago
- › On USB audio: a case against USB 3 , "audiophile" USB cables, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MA900 anything comparable? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › Beresford Bushmaster TC-7530 and Bushmaster MKII TC-7533 Comparison... 3 minutes ago
- › Request for buying a hearphone 4 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 5 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 6 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob