- 619 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Miami FL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by yonas, 2/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Is the hifiman re-400 good upgrade for me? Last post on 4/17/14 at 7:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- hifiman re400 as good as other makes flagships? Last post on 4/9/14 at 5:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hifiman re400 versus se530/5 - (from fiio x5) Last post on 4/20/14 at 4:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- free gifts of RE600, HM700 and RE400 Last post on 4/21/14 at 6:49am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- In ear headphones for around $100 Last post on 3/27/14 at 8:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
HiFiMAN RE-400 and HM-901 - Head-Fi TV - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Dun dun DUH *dramatic musical ques*
I've heard good things about teh ef-6 as well... I'd like to see how this failure fleshes out :O
Thanks for this interview, it's pretty great that Fang is engaging with the community like this.
I would like to say something about the interview though. This is not meant as a criticism, but as a suggestion: Fang only said a few sentences during that whole interview, and I feel he was not given the space to say his thing. I realise he is not a native English speaker, and probably not a particularly extroverted person, so this kind of interview is certainly not the easiest, but I think Jude was talking too much. Perhaps this is the American style, loud and fast, but I would prefer an interview style that gives the guest a soapbox.
Also, more appropriate questions should have been asked. I learned nothing new about the RE-400. I would have like to hear Fang wax lyrical about why he feels this product has swept aside the rest of their IEM line. Ok, it's got a titanium driver, great, but they spent three years researching this design, surely he has an anecdote or two to about this research and the product s resulted in. Those are the critical questions, what is this thing, why is it better than its predecessors? We all knew it was available and what it cost.
Anyway, I'm not trying to bash, I enjoyed the interview, but I'm thirsty for details, and I feel the interviewing style could improve if the interviewee is given more space to speak.
Thank you for the feedback, Modulus. I'll keep it in mind for future interviews.
There isn't even a mention of the 801 or 901 anymore on the HiFiman website... as if they really don't exist (unless you search for the 801 Amplifier modules).
Also any word if the production unit's default amp will be able to drive the HE-500's in both Unbalanced and Balanced? I see there's a balanced/unbalanced switch.
- HiFiMAN RE-400 and HM-901 - Head-Fi TV
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 18 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 20 seconds ago
- › First over the ear headphones 49 seconds ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 59 seconds ago
- › ALO audio Rx MK3-B with with matching Whiplash balanced iem cable... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 1 minute ago
- › Introduction and Request for Recommendation 2 minutes ago
- › reasonable pair of over-ears 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude