- 296 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Miami FL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by yonas, 2/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- HiFiMan - RE-400 - In-Ear Stereo Headphones Last post on 12/3/13 at 7:44am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Best Workout Headphones under 100 Last post on 12/2/13 at 8:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fit for in ears? how do you know when you have it? Last post on 12/1/13 at 7:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Should I give the re400 another chance? Last post on 11/22/13 at 8:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FS/FT: Etymotic HF3 for HiFiMan RE-400 Last post on 11/21/13 at 9:43pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
HiFiMAN RE-400 and HM-901 - Head-Fi TV - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Dun dun DUH *dramatic musical ques*
I've heard good things about teh ef-6 as well... I'd like to see how this failure fleshes out :O
Thanks for this interview, it's pretty great that Fang is engaging with the community like this.
I would like to say something about the interview though. This is not meant as a criticism, but as a suggestion: Fang only said a few sentences during that whole interview, and I feel he was not given the space to say his thing. I realise he is not a native English speaker, and probably not a particularly extroverted person, so this kind of interview is certainly not the easiest, but I think Jude was talking too much. Perhaps this is the American style, loud and fast, but I would prefer an interview style that gives the guest a soapbox.
Also, more appropriate questions should have been asked. I learned nothing new about the RE-400. I would have like to hear Fang wax lyrical about why he feels this product has swept aside the rest of their IEM line. Ok, it's got a titanium driver, great, but they spent three years researching this design, surely he has an anecdote or two to about this research and the product s resulted in. Those are the critical questions, what is this thing, why is it better than its predecessors? We all knew it was available and what it cost.
Anyway, I'm not trying to bash, I enjoyed the interview, but I'm thirsty for details, and I feel the interviewing style could improve if the interviewee is given more space to speak.
Thank you for the feedback, Modulus. I'll keep it in mind for future interviews.
There isn't even a mention of the 801 or 901 anymore on the HiFiman website... as if they really don't exist (unless you search for the 801 Amplifier modules).
Also any word if the production unit's default amp will be able to drive the HE-500's in both Unbalanced and Balanced? I see there's a balanced/unbalanced switch.
- HiFiMAN RE-400 and HM-901 - Head-Fi TV
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 3 seconds ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 8 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Appreciation Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Shure SE-535 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs! 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › CKN70 vs CKN50 vs CKM500 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for Headphones to Mix and Master on 4 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude