- 627 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Miami FL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by yonas, 2/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Most neutral(compensation accounted for) dynamic iems Last post on 6/29/14 at 11:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 150 to burn. Looking for advice. Last post on 7/2/14 at 5:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Relaxed sounding headphones. Last post on 6/19/14 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade from RE-262 to RE-400 => disappointed. Is there a real substitute for the RE-262? Last post on 6/19/14 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need help, Klipsch x10i or Shure SE215 Last post on 6/14/14 at 5:37am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for the strong recommendation and for going out of the way to take me to Fujiya Avic. Out of the box, the TG334 sounds bass enhanced with the...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
HiFiMAN RE-400 and HM-901 - Head-Fi TV - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Dun dun DUH *dramatic musical ques*
I've heard good things about teh ef-6 as well... I'd like to see how this failure fleshes out :O
Thanks for this interview, it's pretty great that Fang is engaging with the community like this.
I would like to say something about the interview though. This is not meant as a criticism, but as a suggestion: Fang only said a few sentences during that whole interview, and I feel he was not given the space to say his thing. I realise he is not a native English speaker, and probably not a particularly extroverted person, so this kind of interview is certainly not the easiest, but I think Jude was talking too much. Perhaps this is the American style, loud and fast, but I would prefer an interview style that gives the guest a soapbox.
Also, more appropriate questions should have been asked. I learned nothing new about the RE-400. I would have like to hear Fang wax lyrical about why he feels this product has swept aside the rest of their IEM line. Ok, it's got a titanium driver, great, but they spent three years researching this design, surely he has an anecdote or two to about this research and the product s resulted in. Those are the critical questions, what is this thing, why is it better than its predecessors? We all knew it was available and what it cost.
Anyway, I'm not trying to bash, I enjoyed the interview, but I'm thirsty for details, and I feel the interviewing style could improve if the interviewee is given more space to speak.
Thank you for the feedback, Modulus. I'll keep it in mind for future interviews.
There isn't even a mention of the 801 or 901 anymore on the HiFiman website... as if they really don't exist (unless you search for the 801 Amplifier modules).
Also any word if the production unit's default amp will be able to drive the HE-500's in both Unbalanced and Balanced? I see there's a balanced/unbalanced switch.
- HiFiMAN RE-400 and HM-901 - Head-Fi TV
- › Sennheiser 3D G4ME1 soundcard driver causes DPC latency increase 2 minutes ago
- › The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared 2 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 8 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 10 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 12 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 13 minutes ago
- › Is Grado evolving too slowly? 14 minutes ago
- › Opamp + adapter for FiiO E12DIY 14 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)