- 619 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Miami FL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by yonas, 2/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Is the hifiman re-400 good upgrade for me? Last post on 4/17/14 at 7:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- hifiman re400 as good as other makes flagships? Last post on 4/9/14 at 5:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hifiman re400 versus se530/5 - (from fiio x5) Last post on 4/14/14 at 6:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- free gifts of RE600, HM700 and RE400 Last post on Yesterday at 6:05 pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- In ear headphones for around $100 Last post on 3/27/14 at 8:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
HiFiMAN RE-400 and HM-901 - Head-Fi TV - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Dun dun DUH *dramatic musical ques*
I've heard good things about teh ef-6 as well... I'd like to see how this failure fleshes out :O
Thanks for this interview, it's pretty great that Fang is engaging with the community like this.
I would like to say something about the interview though. This is not meant as a criticism, but as a suggestion: Fang only said a few sentences during that whole interview, and I feel he was not given the space to say his thing. I realise he is not a native English speaker, and probably not a particularly extroverted person, so this kind of interview is certainly not the easiest, but I think Jude was talking too much. Perhaps this is the American style, loud and fast, but I would prefer an interview style that gives the guest a soapbox.
Also, more appropriate questions should have been asked. I learned nothing new about the RE-400. I would have like to hear Fang wax lyrical about why he feels this product has swept aside the rest of their IEM line. Ok, it's got a titanium driver, great, but they spent three years researching this design, surely he has an anecdote or two to about this research and the product s resulted in. Those are the critical questions, what is this thing, why is it better than its predecessors? We all knew it was available and what it cost.
Anyway, I'm not trying to bash, I enjoyed the interview, but I'm thirsty for details, and I feel the interviewing style could improve if the interviewee is given more space to speak.
Thank you for the feedback, Modulus. I'll keep it in mind for future interviews.
There isn't even a mention of the 801 or 901 anymore on the HiFiman website... as if they really don't exist (unless you search for the 801 Amplifier modules).
Also any word if the production unit's default amp will be able to drive the HE-500's in both Unbalanced and Balanced? I see there's a balanced/unbalanced switch.
- HiFiMAN RE-400 and HM-901 - Head-Fi TV
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 25 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 26 seconds ago
- › Wondering if the NVX XPT100 would be good for me 38 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 1 minute ago
- › JRiver Media Center 19 is better! 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Which option is the SAFEST to receive payment ? (scared to get... 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer new DJ In-Ear Headphones DJE-2000 and DJE-1500 2 minutes ago
- › Buying my first pair of headphones: V-Moda M80s, SRH440, CAL 2,... 2 minutes ago
- › MOG Replacements? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob