or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Portable Headphone Amplifier "WAGNUS Bialbero Epsilon S" impression and appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Portable Headphone Amplifier "WAGNUS Bialbero Epsilon S" impression and appreciation thread - Page 15

post #211 of 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

Same like Me In Indonesia even more worse than Your Ausie Dolar biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

Same like Me In Indonesia even more worse than Your Ausie Dolar biggrin.gif
How does cypher labs duet compare against wagnus? Which one is better for iems?
post #212 of 698
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post


How does cypher labs duet compare against wagnus? Which one is better for iems?

Source : iPhone 5s
Dac : Cypher Labs Class Solo Original
Amps : Cypher Labs Duet
Wagnus Epsilon S
Iem : UM Miracle with tralucent gold cable first edition
Headphone : Fostex th 900
Cable : mini to mini diy by Alex
Lightning to USB made in japan.

Hiss : on par very minimal
Power : Duet has more power than Wagnus

High : Wagnus has better clarity , it is slightly more clear and clean
Mid : Wagnus has better pronounce and sweeter and cleaner
Bass : better detail and cleaner bass
Soundstage : Wagnus has wider and Taller
Separation : Wagnus has better separation that we can detect better the individual instrument

Overall : Wagnus has better sq than Duet , these two amps have the same sound signature
Wagnus is better than Duet about 20%
Wagnus can produce individual instrument very clear and clean and better pronounce

For 600 USD Duet is very good amps has more power than Wagnusv
Wagnus about 1000 USD is still my best amp in term of Sound Quality in single ended

IMO

2584b781069035d6ae29f2893260da16_zps7cfd751f.jpg


Edited by rudi0504 - 2/5/14 at 6:48am
post #213 of 698
Thank you
post #214 of 698

Greetings, peeps!  I am wondering if anyone here has paired up the Epsilon S with a tera player and the TH-900's? I've read that the Epsilon and TH-900's are a great match here, but what about paired with a tera for source?  Just wondering what the synergy is with that combo.  If anyone can chime in, that would be awesomeness!! Thanks.

post #215 of 698

Hello,

 

does the Wagnus accept standard AA batteries (like Duracell)?

 

That would be an important consideration for me...

 

Thank you,

David.

post #216 of 698
.
Edited by seeteeyou - 11/4/14 at 8:59pm
post #217 of 698

Thank you for the great info!

 

Wow, learning new things about AA batteries!  Didn't know there are LiFePO4 batteries in AA sizes!  Neither did I know there are AA-sized "fillers"

 

The concern about the battery requirement was the reason I went with the Kojo KM-01, which just needs 1 AAA Duracell battery...  I'm sure I'm missing out on the superior Epsilon S sound...

post #218 of 698
.
Edited by seeteeyou - 11/4/14 at 8:59pm
post #219 of 698

in case it is not too late, tes the Wagnus Epsilon accepts the Standard AA batteries from Duracell etc..

post #220 of 698

It is a silly question but I still want to ask, would you guys say black cube linear is a better amp than wagnus?

post #221 of 698
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimitriTrush View Post

in case it is not too late, tes the Wagnus Epsilon accepts the Standard AA batteries from Duracell etc..

Duracell AA battery is the best battery for Wagnus in term sound quality
post #222 of 698
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

It is a silly question but I still want to ask, would you guys say black cube linear is a better amp than wagnus?

I don't think so
I heard Lehman black cube linear long time a go , SQ is warm sounding amp
Wagnus is very detail and better clarity and wider soundstage

Power could be Lehman black cube has bigger power than Wagnus
post #223 of 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post


I don't think so
I heard Lehman black cube linear long time a go , SQ is warm sounding amp
Wagnus is very detail and better clarity and wider soundstage

Power could be Lehman black cube has bigger power than Wagnus


hello mr. rudi, its me rangga from au-id. the wagnus is quite interesting for me, and i wonder if i may audition yours someday, maybe in jaben stc.

because i'm looking for an amp that can match with my ak100 mkii and piano forte ix.

from your explanation about wagnus here, seems the wagnus tend to have a neutral soundsig, cmiiw

post #224 of 698
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangga View Post


hello mr. rudi, its me rangga from au-id. the wagnus is quite interesting for me, and i wonder if i may audition yours someday, maybe in jaben stc.
because i'm looking for an amp that can match with my ak100 mkii and piano forte ix.
from your explanation about wagnus here, seems the wagnus tend to have a neutral soundsig, cmiiw

Pm send
post #225 of 698
Thread Starter 
My ask 120 Titan mid pair with Wagnus Epsilon S

Source : AK 120 Titan Mod
Amp : Wagnus Epsilon S
Headphone : Fostex TH 900
Cable : mini to mini Crystal Clear Dreamline 3 wire viablue mini plug

High : very silky and clear sounding high
Mid : very sweet and clear
Bass : very good bass impact and bass detail
Separation : very good music separation , that we can detect the music placement in the correct position
Soundstage : the widest soundstage in portable amp

IMO


Edited by rudi0504 - 3/18/14 at 3:35am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Portable Headphone Amplifier "WAGNUS Bialbero Epsilon S" impression and appreciation thread