Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Portable Headphone Amplifier "WAGNUS Bialbero Epsilon S" impression and appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Portable Headphone Amplifier "WAGNUS Bialbero Epsilon S" impression and appreciation thread - Page 14

post #196 of 547

Bialbero Quattro V should be announced in July 2014 and 4 pieces of AA batteries required

 

http://wagnus.exblog.jp/21460112

 

CYuKTFT.jpg 

post #197 of 547
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post

Coming soon, MASS-Kobo model 395 in early December with IEM-friendly design thanks to the Low/Hi gain switch

http://www.masskobo.com/jpn/sale/sale.htm

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=529248267152373&set=a.177565832320620

85,000 yen plus tax for domestic orders and 84,000 yen for international ones.

LR6ZYFx.jpg 

I have information from Masskobo for the new Mass Ko Bo 395 as follow :

For owner Mass Ko Bo 385 can sleep well after read this info biggrin.gif

Sound quality mass Ko Bo 385 and 395 are identical

The different are

Low Gain : if you use BA iems , the hiss is the same when you hear with headphone at 385

High Gain : is the same between 385 and 395

Masada San told me , if I don't hear with BA driver iem , no need to buy Mass Ko Bo 395

I hope this info help the owner from mass Ko Bo 385
post #198 of 547

I can concur with Rudi. If you have the 385, there isnt a great need to change to the 395. The low gain switch pretty much eliminates the hiss but there is a slight tradeoff in terms of power. Switch to high gain and it pretty much is like the 385. Some say the 395 has a slightly bigger soundstage but I didnt get that impression.

post #199 of 547
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm.chen View Post

I can concur with Rudi. If you have the 385, there isnt a great need to change to the 395. The low gain switch pretty much eliminates the hiss but there is a slight tradeoff in terms of power. Switch to high gain and it pretty much is like the 385. Some say the 395 has a slightly bigger soundstage but I didnt get that impression.

He said sq is the same between 385 and 395 , I won't buy 395 , the improvement only at low and high gain setting
post #200 of 547

Yes. I was more interested in Wagnus's offering this time. His ICs offer so much combinations that I am tempted to mod my AK100 to RWAK100S just for a pure transport.

post #201 of 547
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm.chen View Post
 

Yes. I was more interested in Wagnus's offering this time. His ICs offer so much combinations that I am tempted to mod my AK100 to RWAK100S just for a pure transport.

Wagnuis in term of SQ is my best Portable amp , i hope this new Quatro V Amp Sq is better tha Wagnius Epsilon S

 

Did you tried on Mook this new Wagnus Amp?

post #202 of 547

I did but I was using unfamiliar equipment and had only a short amount of time,

 

AK100 stock - Wagnus vintage series blue/grey IC - Epsilon S - Sputnik IC - Quattro V - 1964v6

post #203 of 547
Thread Starter 
Yesterday I have the chance to hear New Wagnus MAD - BK from my friend Sid from singapore.
Below is the comparison between MAD and my Wagnus Epsilon S

Wagnus Epsilon Mad sq is warmer than my Wagnus Epsilon

High : is not detail and clean and clear as my mine
Mid : is sound fuller but not as clean and clear as mine
Bass : is not so detail and clean as mine
Separation : mine is better , Wagnus Epsilon S MAD is not so good
Soundstage : mine is wider and deeper than Wagnus Epsilon S MAD

Overall my Wagnus Epsilon S is better than the new Wagnus Epsilon MAD

Power wise Wagnus Epsilon MAD slightly more than mine


Physical : Wagnus Epsilon MAD is bigger than Wagnus Epsilon S
Wagnus Epsilon MAD has better volume pot than mine

IMO



post #204 of 547

If I am not wrong, Wagnus brought only one unit of the Epsilon S Mad-Bk to the recent Mook Festival in Singapore and Sid must have bought it on the first day. It is basically a standard Wagnus Epsilon S with bigger battery capacity. There could be some internal changes that I am not aware of. But it is rather surprising to find sonic differences between the two amps.


Edited by AlanYWM - 12/22/13 at 8:08am
post #205 of 547
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanYWM View Post

If I am not wrong, Wagnus brought only one unit of the Epsilon S Mad-Bk to the recent Mook Festival in Singapore and Sid must have bought it on the first day. It is basically a standard Wagnus Epsilon S with bigger battery capacity. There could be some internal changes that I am not aware of. But it is rather surprising to find sonic differences between the two amps.

Yes Sid friend bought at the first day , now Sid bring to Indonesia the Epsilon S Mad Bk
We noticed sq different , maybe the internal is the same like the blue knob not like the red knob with bigger battery capacity
We feel only bigger power than Wagnus Epsilon S, but SQ Wagnus Epsilon Sis better than Wagnus Epsilon S Mad BK
IMO
post #206 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post


Yes Sid friend bought at the first day , now Sid bring to Indonesia the Epsilon S Mad Bk
We noticed sq different , maybe the internal is the same like the blue knob not like the red knob with bigger battery capacity
We feel only bigger power than Wagnus Epsilon S, but SQ Wagnus Epsilon Sis better than Wagnus Epsilon S Mad BK
IMO

 

Rudi, from my discussion with Tone Flake at Mook Festival, the bigger Epsilon is supposedly the better amp. He gave me the impression that the sound quality is better than the Epsilon S. Too bad I did not get to compare the S Mad Bk with the standard Epsilon S.

 

On another note, have you tried comparing the Wagnus Epsilon S with the stack consisting of ALO RX MK3 B + Venturecraft Go-DAP DD Ltd 12v + Ipod Classic? Since you have these devices, it would be interesting to hear your comparison :D

post #207 of 547
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanYWM View Post

Rudi, from my discussion with Tone Flake at Mook Festival, the bigger Epsilon is supposedly the better amp. He gave me the impression that the sound quality is better than the Epsilon S. Too bad I did not get to compare the S Mad Bk with the standard Epsilon S.

On another note, have you tried comparing the Wagnus Epsilon S with the stack consisting of ALO RX MK3 B + Venturecraft Go-DAP DD Ltd 12v + Ipod Classic? Since you have these devices, it would be interesting to hear your comparison biggrin.gif

I have compared epsilon S and epsilon S mad bk
In term of sq I like more epsilon S
Epsilon S mad bk has better power SQ is warm and soundstage so narrow
Sid and Nico like more epsilon S than epsilon S mad bk
IMO

Wagnus epsilon S vs ALO Rx 3 b
Sq wise : Wagnus epsilon S is better
Power wise : ALO Rx 3 B has bigger power
post #208 of 547

I'm kind of curious about the Toneflake Pad-So and Evoluzione.

 

How did he design the thing? Is it just a voltage dividing Wheatstone bridge, or is it more like a Zobel Network?

post #209 of 547

Darn this week Aussie dollar, I want a Wagnus so bad. 

post #210 of 547
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

Darn this week Aussie dollar, I want a Wagnus so bad. 

Same like Me In Indonesia even more worse than Your Ausie Dolar biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Portable Headphone Amplifier "WAGNUS Bialbero Epsilon S" impression and appreciation thread