I've been doing some research on the HE-400 lately and have run across some old and new posts regarding issues with the build quality and defective parts on the HE-400s. Are these all old issues? It sure wouldn't give me that pride in ownership if in the back of my head I wondered if I had a defective pair. Its not like us headphone geeks never obsess over our gear
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Modi/Vali vs Aune T1 + amperex 7308 Gold Pin upgrade for HE-400 Last post on 12/7/13 at 5:19am in Dedicated Source Components
- Hifiman HE-400 + JERGPad Mod Last post on 12/4/13 at 1:30pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Will I benefit from an amp/DAC in my set up? Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:28pm in Computer Audio
- Trying to narrow X-Mas list (DT880 vs. HE400 vs. HD650) Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2013 Hi-Fi Christmas Thread Last post on 12/5/13 at 12:31am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I picked these up just because at that time these would be my first set of over ear headphones. I also liked them for their looks. Honestly I wish I hadn't bought them. Lets see...
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
HE-400 Build Qualitypost #1 of 72/4/13 at 6:57pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 72/4/13 at 7:08pmpost #3 of 72/4/13 at 7:12pmpost #4 of 72/4/13 at 7:15pm
Come on. Factory defects can and do happen. Every day. HiFiMan may have corrected the issues with the first production run of the HE-400, but even now the headphone is not immune from the occasional issue although the chances are very slim. The same holds true for ANY headphone.post #5 of 72/4/13 at 7:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by dpippel
Come on. Factory defects can and do happen. Every day. HiFiMan may have corrected the issues with the first production run of the HE-400, but even now the headphone is not immune from the occasional issue although the chances are very slim. The same holds true for ANY headphone.
personal foul on my original post , "could" should be "should"post #6 of 72/4/13 at 7:31pmThread Starterpost #7 of 72/4/13 at 7:33pmQuote:
if you buy direct from hifiman a new unit, chances are minimal.
- HE-400 Build Quality
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 24 seconds ago
- › HE-400 vs. HE-500 vs. HE-4 Comparison 27 seconds ago
- › Fiio E18 29 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 46 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › How do you guys bypass the internal amp in your Android devices? 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Explain your avatar 3 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy Hesh Over-Ear Headphone S6HEDZ-118 (Black/Grey) by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe