I've been doing some research on the HE-400 lately and have run across some old and new posts regarding issues with the build quality and defective parts on the HE-400s. Are these all old issues? It sure wouldn't give me that pride in ownership if in the back of my head I wondered if I had a defective pair. Its not like us headphone geeks never obsess over our gear
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Recommending Hifiman HE-400 or Philips X1 Last post on Yesterday at 9:12 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice - The choice between the HE-400 and the HD650 Last post on 4/3/14 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best "Starter" Headphones? - HiFiMan HE-400 / AKG K712 / Sennheiser HD650 / ... Last post on 4/13/14 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- For Sale: HD600 and HE400 Last post on 3/28/14 at 1:03pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are the V-Modas overrated by people who don't have enough experience with headphones? Last post on 4/7/14 at 11:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
HE-400 Build Qualitypost #1 of 72/4/13 at 6:57pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 72/4/13 at 7:08pmpost #3 of 72/4/13 at 7:12pmpost #4 of 72/4/13 at 7:15pm
Come on. Factory defects can and do happen. Every day. HiFiMan may have corrected the issues with the first production run of the HE-400, but even now the headphone is not immune from the occasional issue although the chances are very slim. The same holds true for ANY headphone.post #5 of 72/4/13 at 7:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by dpippel
Come on. Factory defects can and do happen. Every day. HiFiMan may have corrected the issues with the first production run of the HE-400, but even now the headphone is not immune from the occasional issue although the chances are very slim. The same holds true for ANY headphone.
personal foul on my original post , "could" should be "should"post #6 of 72/4/13 at 7:31pmThread Starterpost #7 of 72/4/13 at 7:33pmQuote:
if you buy direct from hifiman a new unit, chances are minimal.
- HE-400 Build Quality
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer 1 minute ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 2 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious... 3 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Appreciation Club ( Sennheiser HD 650 for $45?) 4 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 5 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 6 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 6 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude