I've been doing some research on the HE-400 lately and have run across some old and new posts regarding issues with the build quality and defective parts on the HE-400s. Are these all old issues? It sure wouldn't give me that pride in ownership if in the back of my head I wondered if I had a defective pair. Its not like us headphone geeks never obsess over our gear
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Modi/Vali vs Aune T1 + amperex 7308 Gold Pin upgrade for HE-400 Last post on 12/7/13 at 5:19am in Dedicated Source Components
- Hifiman HE-400 + JERGPad Mod Last post on 12/4/13 at 1:30pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Will I benefit from an amp/DAC in my set up? Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:28pm in Computer Audio
- Trying to narrow X-Mas list (DT880 vs. HE400 vs. HD650) Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2013 Hi-Fi Christmas Thread Last post on 12/5/13 at 12:31am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
I really like this headphone. I've been trying various headphones in this pricerange, and decided on this one. But maybe the Price is a bit too high, when comparing to the first Creative...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
HE-400 Build Qualitypost #1 of 72/4/13 at 6:57pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 72/4/13 at 7:08pmpost #3 of 72/4/13 at 7:12pmpost #4 of 72/4/13 at 7:15pm
Come on. Factory defects can and do happen. Every day. HiFiMan may have corrected the issues with the first production run of the HE-400, but even now the headphone is not immune from the occasional issue although the chances are very slim. The same holds true for ANY headphone.post #5 of 72/4/13 at 7:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by dpippel
Come on. Factory defects can and do happen. Every day. HiFiMan may have corrected the issues with the first production run of the HE-400, but even now the headphone is not immune from the occasional issue although the chances are very slim. The same holds true for ANY headphone.
personal foul on my original post , "could" should be "should"post #6 of 72/4/13 at 7:31pmThread Starterpost #7 of 72/4/13 at 7:33pmQuote:
if you buy direct from hifiman a new unit, chances are minimal.
- HE-400 Build Quality
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 14 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison 1 minute ago
- › sharing worst experience in audio-gd! Be careful everyone.. 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › akg k612 vs Q701 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe