Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › How come $400 Ferrari T350 couldn't be much better than $45 S600's?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How come $400 Ferrari T350 couldn't be much better than $45 S600's?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Now this may look like yet another one nonsense topic, and it might be the one, lol.

But let me tell you something, I recently tried that Ferrari by Logic3 series comparing them side by side to JVC's HA-S600. I immediatelly noticed that somehow JVC has significantly more bass. Don't get me wrong, Ferrari's have better soundstage and more clarity, but certainly not to the point where I would even think about paying for them let's say $150. Comfort certainly isn't any better either (in fact its worse), same goes for sound isolation as well.
JVC are a bit muddy out of the box, but NOT when EQued... I personally don't think neither of them is more enjoyable, for me they are both equal with their pros and cons...  is it just build material and Ferrari logo you are paying for?Hmm...
Edited by SmOgER - 2/4/13 at 3:57am
post #2 of 11

If you've already got a world famous, 1st class brand, you don't need marketing, just a high price tag.

 

Step 1 - Produce headphone.

Step 2 - confused.gif

Step 3 - Profit.

post #3 of 11

And since when does more bass equate to better sound quality? Does that mean the Beats Studio is better than the HD 800 or something?

post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPro View Post

And since when does more bass equate to better sound quality? Does that mean the Beats Studio is better than the HD 800 or something?
if you would have read properly my post you would have noticed that I said both cans have their pros and cons. those Ferraris are quite neutral, but nothing really enjoyable that would at least partially justify the price tag. There was no wow factor at all coming from 40 dollar cans.
post #5 of 11

Heya,

 

If it has any sort of branding other than a quality audio engineering it probably isn't worth even looking at. Everyone is on the $300 headphone band wagon these days. They are fashion devices more-so than actual audio devices at this point.

 

There are some exceptions, but in general, it's just not even worth wasting your time looking at something by an auto maker, or any other branding-endorced product for the most part.

 

By the way, a guy with a Ferrari car is NOT going to give two hoots about Ferrari headphones. He will have something much, much nicer, I would imagine. But then again... Beats.... sigh.

 

Very best,

post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmOgER View Post


if you would have read properly my post you would have noticed that I said both cans have their pros and cons. those Ferraris are quite neutral, but nothing really enjoyable that would at least partially justify the price tag. There was no wow factor at all coming from 40 dollar cans.

 

Yes I did read your whole post, bass isn't the only way to wow a listener. Not trying to defend Ferrari here, they're not my favorite sports car brand either, just pointing out some common sense. If the T350 really is neutral it may appeal to some, but given the name it's most likely overpriced, like just about any other specially endorsed products out there.

 

Have you tried it with NC on? Most NC headphones have a lot more bass with NC kicking in. UE6000 and harman/kardon NC come to mind.

post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPro View Post

 

Yes I did read your whole post, bass isn't the only way to wow a listener. Not trying to defend Ferrari here, they're not my favorite sports car brand either, just pointing out some common sense. If the T350 really is neutral it may appeal to some, but given the name it's most likely overpriced, like just about any other specially endorsed products out there.

 

Have you tried it with NC on? Most NC headphones have a lot more bass with NC kicking in. UE6000 and harman/kardon NC come to mind.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX View Post

Heya,

 

If it has any sort of branding other than a quality audio engineering it probably isn't worth even looking at. Everyone is on the $300 headphone band wagon these days. They are fashion devices more-so than actual audio devices at this point.

 

There are some exceptions, but in general, it's just not even worth wasting your time looking at something by an auto maker, or any other branding-endorced product for the most part.

 

By the way, a guy with a Ferrari car is NOT going to give two hoots about Ferrari headphones. He will have something much, much nicer, I would imagine. But then again... Beats.... sigh.

 

Very best,

 

 

Can you Find any noise canceling, fashionable Headphone under $400 that reaches up to almost 20khz on FR?? I didn't even Sennhieser momentum, HD25, amperior cant and Beyerdynamic's T1350 Can't  and It has Very natural sound as other says.

 

Just buy looking at this FR graph http://en.goldenears.net/index.php?mid=GR_Headphones&page=2&document_srl=15629

(If you not use to looking at GE, it is easier to look at raw FR graph.) compare this with Beyerdynamic's T1. http://en.goldenears.net/index.php?mid=GR_Headphones&document_srl=16822

 

you gotta admit it has natural and has very wide FR range even higher than T1.

Logic does pretty Darn good job on T350. (not T250.... T250 sound worse than Beats)

 

By the way Don't get me wrong. I am not Fan of Ferrari. I do not own it yet I did tested them for longer than 5 hours comparing with

my Edition 8, Signature DJ, and other headphones.


Edited by skfktkwjs - 3/9/13 at 12:01am
post #8 of 11

Because the Ferrari badge on the headphones themselves cost $300

post #9 of 11

So the Ferrari headphones don't sound good. Did anyone not see that coming?

post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 

Some time before posting this I saw review praising them. And seriously, for this price I was expecting at least a minimal WOW... They might look good on paper, but in reality they are boring... Of course overall they are great (not bad), but not when looking from $200+ price point, and they cost twice as much. 

Logic could have at least made metal ferrari badge, NOT some cheap looking horse from chrome plastic... biggrin.gif

post #11 of 11

I hope you didn't actually pay the full price for the Ferrari headphones? There are some really nice options out there for the same or less.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › How come $400 Ferrari T350 couldn't be much better than $45 S600's?