Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! - Page 35

post #511 of 2220
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post



You know you're an audiophile avid music-lover when you love listening to an album so much that you don't want to get up from your seat to do something (i.e. use the bathroom).
I didnt eat lunch yesterday because I was enjoying "Hospice" too much.
post #512 of 2220

When you persuade your baby to fall asleep to one of your favourite albums off of HDTracks.

 

When you have more LODs and cables than amps and DACs. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post

YKYAA when you've managed to make 2,000 posts on a headphone forum and, upon pausing for reflection, thought, no, I'm not obsessed at all...nope.

 

Or 10,000 posts and have manufacturers asking you to try their new prototypes or products.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post

YKYAA when you've managed to make 2,000 posts on a headphone forum and, upon pausing for reflection, thought, no, I'm not obsessed at all...nope.

 

Or when you have a custom title for said forum biggrin.gif

 

I can top that: When the owner decides to make you a moderator, then an admin. biggrin.gif

post #513 of 2220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

When you persuade your baby to fall asleep to one of your favourite albums off of HDTracks.

 

When you have more LODs and cables than amps and DACs.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

YKYAAW you have collected more cables, LODs and whatnot than you have headphones or speakers.

I see you've updated your cable collection. biggrin.gif

post #514 of 2220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

 

Or when you have a custom title for said forum biggrin.gif

How does that happen? 

post #515 of 2220

In my case, I was nominated by my local community due to my penchant for tearing apart my gear and building new things... 

post #516 of 2220
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post

How does that happen? 

 

In the dead of night, when you least expect it, a great, dark bird with yellow eyes swoops down and POOF! You end up with a title.

 

YKYAA when you do your listening on your best gear at night so that the chattering of birds doesn't invade the quiet moments in your music through the open backs of your headphones.

post #517 of 2220

YKYAA when you grab your iPhone and spend an hour photographing your earphones. You then spend the wrest of the day wondering what you can do to improve on your photos.

 

 

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1043916_265703246905271_435271295_n.jpg


Edited by DigitalFreak - 6/27/13 at 10:51pm
post #518 of 2220

YKYAA when the first thing to test on a new cellphone is the sound quality, and spend some time downloading EQ apps or the best music player. 

post #519 of 2220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post

 

In the dead of night, when you least expect it, a great, dark bird with yellow eyes swoops down and POOF! You end up with a title.

 

YKYAA when you do your listening on your best gear at night so that the chattering of birds doesn't invade the quiet moments in your music through the open backs of your headphones.

But when birds are gone, crickets come out.;...

post #520 of 2220

YKYAA when you post on this forum......

post #521 of 2220
Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post

YKYAA when you post on this forum......


Wink, home base misses you. Come back say hi and schmooze with the Diary Gang. We have chocolate cake now

post #522 of 2220
Ykyaa when you're on a cruise and would rather sit on your room with your Grados than going with a fellow teenager of the opposite gender and doing unmentionable things.
post #523 of 2220
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post

Ykyaa when you're on a cruise and would rather sit on your room with your Grados than going with a fellow teenager of the opposite gender and doing unmentionable things.

Lol. I might do the same if I had my UERM on a cruise.

post #524 of 2220
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post

Ykyaa when you're on a cruise and would rather sit on your room with your Grados than going with a fellow teenager of the opposite gender and doing unmentionable things.

 

For future reference, you can leave the headphones on... 

 

 

You're welcome. 

post #525 of 2220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

 

For future reference, you can leave the headphones on... 

 

 

You're welcome. 

And at that moment you realise you have found your audio nirvana.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!