Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! - Page 27

post #391 of 2654

If any headphones have bass you need to call them fun sounding.

post #392 of 2654
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForShure View Post

If any headphones have bass you need to call them fun sounding.


Not necessarily- The DT770 Pro is pretty neutral but has a good amount of bass. I wouldn't call it 'fun' sounding whatsoever. I would call something like the Philips Downtown to be 'fun' sounding.

post #393 of 2654

YKYAAW - You anger and confuse your friends by using basic audiophile terms, such as 'sibilant'

post #394 of 2654
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro1137 View Post


Not necessarily- The DT770 Pro is pretty neutral but has a good amount of bass. I wouldn't call it 'fun' sounding whatsoever. I would call something like the Philips Downtown to be 'fun' sounding.

Are you kidding me... The DT770 pro is so incredibly not neutral, it's ridiculous. Ridiculous bass boost and boosted treble that comes with a very bad case of sibilance. Atleast that's with the 80 ohm version. 

post #395 of 2654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

Are you kidding me... The DT770 pro is so incredibly not neutral, it's ridiculous. Ridiculous bass boost and boosted treble that comes with a very bad case of sibilance. Atleast that's with the 80 ohm version. 

Sibilance? It's one of the least sibilant headphones that I own, to my ears.
My Takstar Hi2050 and ATH-M30 have a lot more treble than the 770

post #396 of 2654
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro1137 View Post

Sibilance? It's one of the least sibilant headphones that I own, to my ears.
My Takstar Hi2050 and ATH-M30 have a lot more treble than the 770

They are very sibilant, it is known.

post #397 of 2654
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro1137 View Post

 to my ears.
 

ykyaaw you realize every one experinces the same headphones differently, and even the same headphone can have minor differeances between individual models! 

post #398 of 2654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

ykyaaw you realize every one experinces the same headphones differently, and even the same headphone can have minor differeances between individual models! 

 

EX: M50 white vs black. 

post #399 of 2654

YKYAAW you see McGee wearing ATH M50s in NCIS while you're wearing your M50s and so you start pointing at the screen going "Ahaaaaaa!".

post #400 of 2654
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesusGuy View Post

YKYAAW you see McGee wearing ATH M50s in NCIS while you're wearing your M50s and so you start pointing at the screen going "Ahaaaaaa!".

 

Or when you geek out that Izzy from Steel Dragon is wearing your (my) AKG K240.

 

post #401 of 2654

You know you are an audiophile when you decide to use the subjectiveness of audio in a theory of knowledge essay :D

post #402 of 2654
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

Or when you geek out that Izzy from Steel Dragon is wearing your (my) AKG K240.

 

You mean 'your AKG K240' as in... That is genuinely YOUR pair?

post #403 of 2654
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesusGuy View Post

You mean 'your AKG K240' as in... That is genuinely YOUR pair?

That would be genuinely awesome.

post #404 of 2654

I have no proof that it wasn't.  wink.gif

post #405 of 2654

When tornadoes pop up in your area, you go and put your most valuable (sentimental&money) records in your safety closet.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!