Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! - Page 25

post #361 of 3223

YKAAW when you immediately notice your fav youtubers change their headphones. (and any other headphone that appears in any other video, like mythbusters using HD580 and HD202 on an interview podcast show, and some musicians using the DT 150 and the DT770, and the srh240, and srh440 in the recording studio, and a university student using a HD555)


Edited by streetdragon - 5/1/13 at 10:39am
post #362 of 3223
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

YKAAW when you immediately notice your fav youtubers change their headphones. (and any other headphone that appears in any other video, like mythbusters using HD580 and HD202 on an interview podcast show, and some musicians using the DT 150 and the DT770, and the srh240, and srh440 in the recording studio, and a university student using a HD555)

 

When the comment "see that guys AKGs" causes your audiophile friends to immediately look around. Also when all three of you ID the exact model.(K518 for those interested).

post #363 of 3223
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post

Turtle beach is intolerable. Imagine the steepest V ever, and then make it steeper, and that's the sound curve fr most turtle beaches.

In order to keep thread on topic; YKYAA when you discuss YouTube commentators headphones.
They sound like there is actual mud INSIDE the headphone. And the bass doesn't extend past 60Hz , at least razers go pretty deep.
The mids sound like they are muffled and hollow and the highs are bright until about 12Khz then they become roll off so deep, promising for the worst detail possible!
Turtle Beaches dont even look good.
They also make your ears hurt within 40mins and 20 mins later, you need to take them off because of the pain that Turtle beach calls " Comfy " !
post #364 of 3223
How much do these rip offs normally cost compared to the razer lineup?
post #365 of 3223
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

How much do these rip offs normally cost compared to the razer lineup?
They range from $20 - $350 .
post #366 of 3223
YNYAAW

There are way more butcher blocks in the living room than in the kitchen.


You have more CDs in the living room that silver wear in the kitchen.

You have no food in the refrigerator because your only eating instant noodles only $100 away from that new DAC you have been saving for.



You drive a 3K car but have a 10K stereo and don't care how many chicks you get.
post #367 of 3223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

YNYAAW

There are way more butcher blocks in the living room than in the kitchen.


You have more CDs in the living room that silver wear in the kitchen.

You have no food in the refrigerator because your only eating instant noodles only $100 away from that new DAC you have been saving for.



You drive a 3K car but have a 10K stereo and don't care how many chicks you get.
HAHAHAHA biggrin.gif
post #368 of 3223
When you read people talk about tinnitus and realize you hear a high pitched tone.... So you immediately run to the bathroom and block your ears to do the test and here nothing. And then realize the tv was making that high pitched tone... Paranoid audiophile. lol.
post #369 of 3223
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronautical View Post

When you read people talk about tinnitus and realize you hear a high pitched tone.... So you immediately run to the bathroom and block your ears to do the test and here nothing. And then realize the tv was making that high pitched tone... Paranoid audiophile. lol.
I sometimes hear a ringing... But it has been like that ? 0.0
post #370 of 3223
Quote:
Originally Posted by -xX-Mew-Xx- View Post


I sometimes hear a ringing... But it has been like that ? 0.0

I hear it whenever the ambient noise level gets really low. (perhaps 40db and less or so...?)
and i can even analyze the frequency signature of the ringing.

post #371 of 3223
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

I hear it whenever the ambient noise level gets really low. (perhaps 40db and less or so...?)

and i can even analyze the frequency signature of the ringing.

YKYAAW you known your tinnitus sound signature and try to compare with other people.
post #372 of 3223

Lol tinnitus. YOLO. 

 

Anyway, ykwaaw you not only stress finals because well finals, but also because you don't have time to listen to your music.

post #373 of 3223
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaHat View Post

Lol tinnitus. YOLO. 

Anyway, ykwaaw you not only stress finals because well finals, but also because you don't have time to listen to your music.
word to that! biggrin.gif
post #374 of 3223

When you allocate time for music sessions at the same level of priority as lunch time/sleep timebiggrin.gif

post #375 of 3223
When you don't spend money on anything but HI-FI equipment.
When putting blutak inside your headphones is normal.
When you try on headphones at stores, just to know if you should buy them on amazon for cheaper.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!