Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! - Page 231

post #3451 of 3457

YKYAAW the price is not the first thing you think about when you are buying gear.

 

when you actually get this joke for real

 


Edited by blackwolf1006 - Yesterday at 4:48 am
post #3452 of 3457
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor5cl View Post

Yup, phones like the HTC One and Sony Xperia Z3 sound great, especially if you have good source material and some tweaks like an EQ or Viper4Android etc.
Meh. My HTC One (M7) sounds like crap...
post #3453 of 3457
Quote:
Originally Posted by skerry2006aj View Post

to feel the bass more than to hear the bass!

No treble!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwolf1006 View Post

YKYAAW the price is not the first thing you think about when you are buying gear.

when you actually get this joke for real



Debussy. Very good. A real composer!
Edited by DonutDeflector - Yesterday at 2:44 pm
post #3454 of 3457

YKYAAW you are considering desktop gear instead of a portable amp/DAC in the same price range.

 

I figure that since I only listen to music in my bedroom and my only preference is that I am able to pace back and forth while listening, I should be able to connect the 13+ foot headphone cable included with the Focal Spirit Professional to a desktop amp and have about as much freedom as connecting to an iPod in my pocket.

 

Any recommendations for a desktop amp and DAC combo under $300 to use with the FSP? (My desktop source components are a Buffalo DriveStation Quad 12 TB and Alienware M11x.) The Schiit Magni 2 and Modi 2 look good, especially for the price.

 

Here are the headphone specs, for reference:

sensitivity: 102 dB/mW

impedance: 32 ohms

driver size: 40mm

 

Although they can be driven straight out of an iPod, they also scale well with amplification. I know some people use higher-end amps with them, but I'm not sure what is really necessary to reach their peak on the amp side of things.

post #3455 of 3457

YKYAAW the fact that you're getting a turntable makes your day

 

I've already got one, but my dad is getting me a AT-LP60USB I think; which is crazy awesome, I can save space, have better sound, and get high-quality LP rips (can't wait to hear my Beatles records)!

post #3456 of 3457

YKYAAW you realize people also sell laptops, tablet PCs, and even video game consoles on Head-Fi, so you decide to get rid of even more of your stuff to open up more possibilities for new audio gear! (Does anyone know if we can sell external hard drives on this site?)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRapz View Post
 

YKYAAW the fact that you're getting a turntable makes your day

 

I've already got one, but my dad is getting me a AT-LP60USB I think; which is crazy awesome, I can save space, have better sound, and get high-quality LP rips (can't wait to hear my Beatles records)!

 

Sweet. I have like 50 vinyl LPs and EPs, and still don't have a record player. I want one that will let me rip them to digital format.

post #3457 of 3457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist View Post

 

Sweet. I have like 50 vinyl LPs and EPs, and still don't have a record player. I want one that will let me rip them to digital format.

The AT-LP120USB is supposed to be much better than the LP60, and I have heard that it's a good turntable; I've never tried it, so don't take my word, but you could look into it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!