Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! - Page 129

post #1921 of 2577
YKYAA when you care more about how the gear sounds than the music. (Since we're not here about enjoyment)
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post

YKYAA when you have no sense of humor  >_______>
post #1922 of 2577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post

YKYAA when you care more about how the gear sounds than the music. (Since we're not here about enjoyment)

listening to music is stupid, you should just use white noise exclusively to appreciate the neutrality of your rig :biggrin:

post #1923 of 2577
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post

listening to music is stupid, you should just use white noise exclusively to appreciate the neutrality of your rig biggrin.gif

YKYAAW you stare at your rig, without listening to it, to achieve euphoria.
post #1924 of 2577

YKYAA when you don't need erotic material when you have your rig

post #1925 of 2577
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

YKYAA when you don't need erotic material when you have your rig

Well...technically we do need erotic material.

....Our rigs ARE erotic material. wink.gif
post #1926 of 2577
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post


Well...technically we do need erotic material.

....Our rigs ARE erotic material. wink.gif

*cue awkward boner

post #1927 of 2577
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

*cue awkward boner
Embrace it, my friend. Let it flow through you.
For thou shall not fear, thy boner is here!

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
post #1928 of 2577
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post


Embrace it, my friend. Let it flow through you.
For thou shall not fear, thy boner is here!

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

post #1929 of 2577
Remember that 009 Sound System music that nearly every YouTube video had for the audio swap?

You know you're an audiophile when you read that as SR-009 + Blue Hawaii SE amp (009 Sound System).
post #1930 of 2577
You know you're an audiophile when you're a person who is especially interested in high-fidelity sound reproduction. So says dictionary.com.

You see? It's a lot simpler than we were making it. When in doubt, ask the experts.

(End of thread.)
post #1931 of 2577

This happened yesterday: After getting quite used to headphones with a good soundstage I lay down for a nap with some long unused IEMs. A few mins later I was distracted by how the sound felt like it was coming from inside my head, how wrong it felt and how I wished it would get out. YKYAA when you have to face the fundamental limitations of IEMs.

post #1932 of 2577
You know you you're an audiophile when your professor pronounces "ultrasound" as "ultrasone" and you chuckle.
post #1933 of 2577
Quote:
Originally Posted by applaudio View Post

You know you're an audiophile when you're a person who is especially interested in high-fidelity sound reproduction. So says dictionary.com.

You see? It's a lot simpler than we were making it. When in doubt, ask the experts.

(End of thread.)

Way to kill the fun.

YKYAA when you're the best at physics in the class, and get excited when the teacher says you're going to be doing waves.
post #1934 of 2577

YKYAA when you give your significant other a soundwave necklace: http://www.bza.biz/

post #1935 of 2577

YKYAA when you see this and as some one who wants to be  an industrial designer.............. 

http://www.core77.com/blog/kickstarter/duncan_hellmers_nixie-tube-based_blub_clock_26320.asp

 

And it's a kickstarter:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/767936743/blub-a-modern-retro-tube-clock

 

Already has $32k aud funded.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!