Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! - Page 100

post #1486 of 2629
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post


I need at least $6k to rebuild mine, but I spend it on my Omega... Really wish I haven't done that not knowing my computer was going south soon.

My PC is just some random $1k~ PC and it lasts me for 2-3 years now. Still going strong just wish there's slot for me to add in a soundcard :( [its a All-in-One to safe space)

 

YKYAAW you don't care how dumb you look like at home with your full-size headphone on as long as they sound good! 

post #1487 of 2629
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post
 

My PC is just some random $1k~ PC and it lasts me for 2-3 years now. Still going strong just wish there's slot for me to add in a soundcard :( [its a All-in-One to safe space)

 

YKYAAW you don't care how dumb you look like at home with your full-size headphone on as long as they sound good! 

+1 ^^

 

YKYAAW buying new gear has morphed into vintage gear purchase madness, its cheaper and you can buy more of it :ksc75smile:

post #1488 of 2629
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post

Some kind of talk show about financial investments or something. I posted the melody here:



I've been looking for the song of this commercial, but I can't find it, anywhere? frown.gif

post #1489 of 2629
Quote:
Originally Posted by endallchaos View Post


I've been looking for the song of this commercial, but I can't find it, anywhere? frown.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


 

 

 

YKYAA when you ask someone at head-fi.org for help instead of your friends or family...

post #1490 of 2629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lehrer View Post
 

 

YKYAA when you ask someone at head-fi.org for help instead of your friends or family...

You mean like "Guys! how much salt do I need to add into this [Ikan Manis / Salt fish]?" :P 

post #1491 of 2629
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post
 

You mean like "Guys! how much salt do I need to add into this [Ikan Manis / Salt fish]?" :P 

 

sorry mate, I can´t help you, no idea what that means hehehehe 

post #1492 of 2629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lehrer View Post
 

 

sorry mate, I can´t help you, no idea what that means hehehehe 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salted_fish 

 

It's a type of fish.. Where we dry it under the sun till it is ermmm dry! It tastes very very salty! We put it on on less tasty food. Very small amount needed. So how many salt should I add? :P

 

 

YKYAAW you add in chili to your HD800 to tame the highs :D

post #1493 of 2629
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post
 

You mean like "Guys! how much salt do I need to add into this [Ikan Manis / Salt fish]?" :P 

Are you sure it's Ikan Manis? Not Ikan Masin?
Cause manis means sweet and masin means salty lol.

post #1494 of 2629
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

Are you sure it's Ikan Manis? Not Ikan Masin?

Cause manis means sweet and masin means salty lol.

Yep! It is! Sorry.. I only eat.... I never cook... xD
post #1495 of 2629

YKAAWhen you can instantly identify a fake sennheiser.
 

* 
No texture on wood accents, no leather on headband, grill is poorly machined, white printed logo is out of scale and sloppy.

 

*
Earpad is too light in colour, very furry looking, feels very stiff and clay like, inner lining is also much thicker and different in structure, internal structure is different and exposed.
Lastly, clamping force is tight as heck and it costs RM200 (real one costs RM1050) But for the asking price I think it is not too terrible.

(I didn't ever think that anyone would actually fake a HD598...)


Edited by streetdragon - 12/1/13 at 7:23am
post #1496 of 2629

You know you're an audiophile when the following thoughts runs through your head for the holidays...

 

 

 

 

"I deserve some new toys for Christmas"

 

"then I can gift my old stuff to my frends and family and bring them into the world of fine audio"

 

"that's a win-win scenario"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I am so awesome. That deserves another gift for myself."

post #1497 of 2629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

"I am so awesome. That deserves another gift for myself."

 

+1 you´re awesome, now go get something nice (I´ll do the same) :D

post #1498 of 2629
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

YKAAWhen you can instantly identify a fake sennheiser.

 
*
 

No texture on wood accents, no leather on headband, grill is poorly machined, white printed logo is out of scale and sloppy.

*


Earpad is too light in colour, very furry looking, feels very stiff and clay like, inner lining is also much thicker and different in structure, internal structure is different and exposed.

Lastly, clamping force is tight as heck and it costs RM200 (real one costs RM1050) But for the asking price I think it is not too terrible.


(I didn't ever think that anyone would actually fake a HD598...)

Wow... I didn't even know that there's fake HD598 too @.@ why not post it in the HD598 appriciation thread to make sure no one fall for it! Or at least less!

YKYAAW you remind yourself all the time "You can have as many headphones as you wanted to compliment one another or for collection... But you can only have 1 partner, choose wisely!" Andddddd that's why I am single... Wait, I am too young for it XD
Edited by BillsonChang007 - 12/1/13 at 8:41pm
post #1499 of 2629

YKYAAW you laugh at the fact fake beats sound better than some of the real things themselves :)

post #1500 of 2629

YKYAA when you spend 10 minutes editing an image of your view of your new loudspeakers on your iPhone 3GS because the original didn't do it anywhere near enough justice.
App I used was Snapseed, it's like a mobile version of Adobe Lightroom.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!