As above, will i notice a difference between the two? (apart from no balanced outs) I currently have the Lavry and am looking to get the Metrum
- productLavry DA11tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- How Does Lavry DA11 Compare to Newer DACs? Last post on 6/5/14 at 5:44am in Dedicated Source Components
- FS: Lavry DA11 MINT CONDITIONS Last post on 2/20/14 at 9:27pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- FS: Lavry DA11 Like New [Final PRICE DROPPED] Last post on 4/25/14 at 10:54pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Wanna a system with headphone and DAC AMP use on laptop Last post on 9/12/13 at 11:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- LAVRY DA11 Last post on 8/31/13 at 9:09pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
I was offered to review these for Brainwavz and I agreed. I am not affiliated with the company, and have no bias towards or against them. This review will be my unbiased opinion on...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Lavry DA11 vs Metrum Octave
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
How are you going to connect so much gear to a DAC with only one output? What bothers you about the Lavry?
When I did research before buying my Metrum Octave, I searched for the most transparent DAC - Metrum Octave is one of those.
Octave is very clean, but not fatiguing at all, indeed.
Just got the metrum. a little background:
using a rotel 971 before getting a benchmark DAC1. i connected the output from cdplayer as well as output of benchmark to my amp so that i could switch and do A/B comparison. Sold the DAC1. the 971 dac did a better job. better in terms translating the soul of the music that one can feel more connected and enjoy the music. benchmark had more details but sounded dead. A/B comparison made me stick to rotel as the music were more involving. (when working and listening, rotel makes me want to stop and increase vol to enjoy some songs. benchmark makes me want to decrease the music as they distract)
when i got the metrum, i did the same. signal fed from cd, no upsampling etc. with rotel, i tend to skip songs that are faster and with more instruments as after awhile they sounded clustered. For metrum, i listen to them all and enjoyed the different instruments in the music. separation was improved and music remains coherent. When it comes to vocals, i couldnt stop listening to them. For metrum, many occasions i just want to sit back and enjoy the music without doing any work (you may consider this 1 weakness of metrum, makes you lazy.) when playing with my kids in the living room, i could also leave the metrum playing and dont find the music noisy.
simply said, the metrum make music feel like music, for the purpose of enjoyment...the w4s usb spif converter is on the way...wonder what will happen when 192khz files are fed to it.
love the metrum.
It gives me shivers competing with my Naim CDP so well that it scares me. Ok, Naim cdx2 sounds more organically rich and full timbre but boy i was not expecting this little gizmo to come close to mega buck player. What amazes me the most is how relaxed and smooth this NOS DAC sounds, almost vinyl like.
a true Gem for hard core audiophile, could not wish for more and it saves me some pennies which otherwise would had to be spent on Naim or Weiss DACs. :-)
Kudos to Cees of Metrum who created this musical instrument, highly recommended to anyone who wants go back to live like musical reproduction.
and remember, Octave is big sucker for tube amplifiers, tubes make Octave sound godly :-D
Edited by Gintaras - 6/5/13 at 12:28pm
- Lavry DA11 vs Metrum Octave
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Looking for closed back headphones and DAP for music listening and... 1 minute ago
- › Headphone stands? 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 world tour--open for application now! 3 minutes ago
- › Replacement Earpad recommendations? 4 minutes ago
- › Samson sr850 vs superlux 668b vs takstar pro80 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 6 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 7 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 9 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Brainwavz Jive by jasonb
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2