As above, will i notice a difference between the two? (apart from no balanced outs) I currently have the Lavry and am looking to get the Metrum
- productLavry DA11tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- How Does Lavry DA11 Compare to Newer DACs? Last post on 6/5/14 at 5:44am in Dedicated Source Components
- FS: Lavry DA11 MINT CONDITIONS Last post on 2/20/14 at 9:27pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) Last post on 2/28/15 at 7:02am in Dedicated Source Components
- FS: Lavry DA11 Like New [Final PRICE DROPPED] Last post on 4/25/14 at 10:54pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Wanna a system with headphone and DAC AMP use on laptop Last post on 9/12/13 at 11:03am in Headphones (full-size)
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Lavry DA11 vs Metrum Octave
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
How are you going to connect so much gear to a DAC with only one output? What bothers you about the Lavry?
When I did research before buying my Metrum Octave, I searched for the most transparent DAC - Metrum Octave is one of those.
Octave is very clean, but not fatiguing at all, indeed.
Just got the metrum. a little background:
using a rotel 971 before getting a benchmark DAC1. i connected the output from cdplayer as well as output of benchmark to my amp so that i could switch and do A/B comparison. Sold the DAC1. the 971 dac did a better job. better in terms translating the soul of the music that one can feel more connected and enjoy the music. benchmark had more details but sounded dead. A/B comparison made me stick to rotel as the music were more involving. (when working and listening, rotel makes me want to stop and increase vol to enjoy some songs. benchmark makes me want to decrease the music as they distract)
when i got the metrum, i did the same. signal fed from cd, no upsampling etc. with rotel, i tend to skip songs that are faster and with more instruments as after awhile they sounded clustered. For metrum, i listen to them all and enjoyed the different instruments in the music. separation was improved and music remains coherent. When it comes to vocals, i couldnt stop listening to them. For metrum, many occasions i just want to sit back and enjoy the music without doing any work (you may consider this 1 weakness of metrum, makes you lazy.) when playing with my kids in the living room, i could also leave the metrum playing and dont find the music noisy.
simply said, the metrum make music feel like music, for the purpose of enjoyment...the w4s usb spif converter is on the way...wonder what will happen when 192khz files are fed to it.
love the metrum.
It gives me shivers competing with my Naim CDP so well that it scares me. Ok, Naim cdx2 sounds more organically rich and full timbre but boy i was not expecting this little gizmo to come close to mega buck player. What amazes me the most is how relaxed and smooth this NOS DAC sounds, almost vinyl like.
a true Gem for hard core audiophile, could not wish for more and it saves me some pennies which otherwise would had to be spent on Naim or Weiss DACs. :-)
Kudos to Cees of Metrum who created this musical instrument, highly recommended to anyone who wants go back to live like musical reproduction.
and remember, Octave is big sucker for tube amplifiers, tubes make Octave sound godly :-D
Edited by Gintaras - 6/5/13 at 12:28pm
- Lavry DA11 vs Metrum Octave
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › [WTB] Sennheiser IE8 or Shure SE535 (UK) 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Fresh From The Oven: iBasso P5 "Falcon" 5 minutes ago
- › The Tera player thread.Philips R2R DAC ( impressions, opinions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Finally a new awesome crossfeed plugin!!! 6 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 6 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 6 minutes ago
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3