As above, will i notice a difference between the two? (apart from no balanced outs) I currently have the Lavry and am looking to get the Metrum
- productLavry DA11tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Lavry DA11 MINT CONDITIONS Last post on 2/20/14 at 9:27pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Ranking of 21 DACs and DAC Configurations (and why chocolate ice cream must die) Last post on 4/22/14 at 11:26pm in Dedicated Source Components
- FS: Lavry DA11 Like New [Final PRICE DROPPED] Last post on 11/8/13 at 11:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- LAVRY DA11 Last post on 8/31/13 at 9:09pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Lavry DA11 Last post on 3/28/14 at 11:08am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
Lavry DA11 vs Metrum Octavepost #2 of 82/3/13 at 6:22ampost #3 of 82/3/13 at 12:09pmThread Starterpost #4 of 82/3/13 at 9:11pm
How are you going to connect so much gear to a DAC with only one output? What bothers you about the Lavry?
When I did research before buying my Metrum Octave, I searched for the most transparent DAC - Metrum Octave is one of those.post #5 of 82/4/13 at 1:14amThread Starterpost #6 of 82/4/13 at 2:03amQuote:
Octave is very clean, but not fatiguing at all, indeed.post #7 of 84/11/13 at 3:54pm
Just got the metrum. a little background:
using a rotel 971 before getting a benchmark DAC1. i connected the output from cdplayer as well as output of benchmark to my amp so that i could switch and do A/B comparison. Sold the DAC1. the 971 dac did a better job. better in terms translating the soul of the music that one can feel more connected and enjoy the music. benchmark had more details but sounded dead. A/B comparison made me stick to rotel as the music were more involving. (when working and listening, rotel makes me want to stop and increase vol to enjoy some songs. benchmark makes me want to decrease the music as they distract)
when i got the metrum, i did the same. signal fed from cd, no upsampling etc. with rotel, i tend to skip songs that are faster and with more instruments as after awhile they sounded clustered. For metrum, i listen to them all and enjoyed the different instruments in the music. separation was improved and music remains coherent. When it comes to vocals, i couldnt stop listening to them. For metrum, many occasions i just want to sit back and enjoy the music without doing any work (you may consider this 1 weakness of metrum, makes you lazy.) when playing with my kids in the living room, i could also leave the metrum playing and dont find the music noisy.
simply said, the metrum make music feel like music, for the purpose of enjoyment...the w4s usb spif converter is on the way...wonder what will happen when 192khz files are fed to it.
love the metrum.post #8 of 86/5/13 at 12:27pmMetrum Octave is amazing sounding DAC, i bought this to replace Rega and i am happy as pig. Music makes so much sense via this little DAC.
It gives me shivers competing with my Naim CDP so well that it scares me. Ok, Naim cdx2 sounds more organically rich and full timbre but boy i was not expecting this little gizmo to come close to mega buck player. What amazes me the most is how relaxed and smooth this NOS DAC sounds, almost vinyl like.
a true Gem for hard core audiophile, could not wish for more and it saves me some pennies which otherwise would had to be spent on Naim or Weiss DACs. :-)
Kudos to Cees of Metrum who created this musical instrument, highly recommended to anyone who wants go back to live like musical reproduction.
and remember, Octave is big sucker for tube amplifiers, tubes make Octave sound godly :-D
Edited by Gintaras - 6/5/13 at 12:28pm
- Lavry DA11 vs Metrum Octave
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Moving too fast with purchases? 26 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 41 seconds ago
- › [Review] Oppo PM-1, Oppo hit the nail on the head 1 minute ago
- › Bose OE2 for $75... good value or no? 1 minute ago
- › The $999 vs $99 Challenge Tour! 2 minutes ago
- › Fun in-ear monitors for $100 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M50 3 minutes ago
- › Captured Society Review- Bowers and Wilkins P7 3 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude