As above, will i notice a difference between the two? (apart from no balanced outs) I currently have the Lavry and am looking to get the Metrum
- productLavry DA11tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- How Does Lavry DA11 Compare to Newer DACs? Last post on 6/5/14 at 5:44am in Dedicated Source Components
- FS: Lavry DA11 MINT CONDITIONS Last post on 2/20/14 at 9:27pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- FS: Lavry DA11 Like New [Final PRICE DROPPED] Last post on 4/25/14 at 10:54pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Wanna a system with headphone and DAC AMP use on laptop Last post on 9/12/13 at 11:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- LAVRY DA11 Last post on 8/31/13 at 9:09pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
The VSD5 is the next earphone to follow up on the successful release of the very popular VSD3/VSD3s. From afar the VSD5 looks eerily similar with their older/younger brother, the VSD3/VSD3s....
Company Name: Sound Blaster Company Website: http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-e5 Amp Model: E5 Impedance: Low Gain: 2.2-300 Ohm, High Gain 300-600 Ohm SNR: 120dB THD:...
I had only tried IEM's bought at local stores until I got these, and they were a huge upgrade. In fact, I would argue these are the best set you could have bought at the time for the price. They...
Got this as a gift from the girlfriend, sadly it is WAY too powerful for nearfield and will be selling it for a much less powerful model. Quality issues with a slightly sticky pot which went away...
For larger (1200 x 800) images - simply click the photo INTRODUCTION I don’t think there would be many people of my vintage who are into computer audio, and haven’t heard of Creative Labs. My...
Lavry DA11 vs Metrum Octave
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
How are you going to connect so much gear to a DAC with only one output? What bothers you about the Lavry?
When I did research before buying my Metrum Octave, I searched for the most transparent DAC - Metrum Octave is one of those.
Octave is very clean, but not fatiguing at all, indeed.
Just got the metrum. a little background:
using a rotel 971 before getting a benchmark DAC1. i connected the output from cdplayer as well as output of benchmark to my amp so that i could switch and do A/B comparison. Sold the DAC1. the 971 dac did a better job. better in terms translating the soul of the music that one can feel more connected and enjoy the music. benchmark had more details but sounded dead. A/B comparison made me stick to rotel as the music were more involving. (when working and listening, rotel makes me want to stop and increase vol to enjoy some songs. benchmark makes me want to decrease the music as they distract)
when i got the metrum, i did the same. signal fed from cd, no upsampling etc. with rotel, i tend to skip songs that are faster and with more instruments as after awhile they sounded clustered. For metrum, i listen to them all and enjoyed the different instruments in the music. separation was improved and music remains coherent. When it comes to vocals, i couldnt stop listening to them. For metrum, many occasions i just want to sit back and enjoy the music without doing any work (you may consider this 1 weakness of metrum, makes you lazy.) when playing with my kids in the living room, i could also leave the metrum playing and dont find the music noisy.
simply said, the metrum make music feel like music, for the purpose of enjoyment...the w4s usb spif converter is on the way...wonder what will happen when 192khz files are fed to it.
love the metrum.
It gives me shivers competing with my Naim CDP so well that it scares me. Ok, Naim cdx2 sounds more organically rich and full timbre but boy i was not expecting this little gizmo to come close to mega buck player. What amazes me the most is how relaxed and smooth this NOS DAC sounds, almost vinyl like.
a true Gem for hard core audiophile, could not wish for more and it saves me some pennies which otherwise would had to be spent on Naim or Weiss DACs. :-)
Kudos to Cees of Metrum who created this musical instrument, highly recommended to anyone who wants go back to live like musical reproduction.
and remember, Octave is big sucker for tube amplifiers, tubes make Octave sound godly :-D
Edited by Gintaras - 6/5/13 at 12:28pm
- Lavry DA11 vs Metrum Octave
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Should I be going for wireless headphones with a mic or headphones... 5 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 52 seconds ago
- › ATH-M50x - THE BEST HEADPHONES UNDER $250? 59 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 2 minutes ago
- › Help with headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB 15.32 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD5: Sony EX 1000's Adopted Cousin by Tom22
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by whitedragon551
- › Lenntek Sonix 3 w/ Microphone by Incognito101
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by yay101
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2