New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sexy Hifi advertising

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

Why is it that there are so many advertisments for hifi stuff which feature scantily clad sexy women? In my experience, sexy scantily clad women have no interest in audiophile stuff, or any interest in audiophiles. Am I just thinking about this the wrong way, because audiophiles have a great interest in hifi and scantily clad women? Should I just speak for myself?

post #2 of 10

Well, there's always Tyll's Stereophile ads back when he owned HeadRoom. Take your pick. smile.gif

 

post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 

LOL...that's just plain wrong on many levels

post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 

All you've managed to do is to make me feel disturbed without actually answering my question.

post #5 of 10

I ain't buying it ( hypothisis ) until I see some of these forementioned sexy womens of which ye speak

(Ad-Block gosh dang it) .

 

 But if true , that our (mens) attention will be better given if a sexy chick is shown to be happy with being associated

with said product then perhaps the marketing department is on to something .

 

Case in point:

 

post #6 of 10

Psychologically, it is because men are willing to spend more money to get something high end after seeing a hot woman.

post #7 of 10

What ads are you talking about, exactly? I've actually seen very few ads for audiophile products that feature scantly clad women. Most of them seem to be clothed in something fairly reasonable. Sometimes you'll see a sexy pose or come hither look, but more times than not it's a woman listening to speakers or headphones looking like she's relaxing.

 

As for why a company would make a sexy ad, it's pretty obvious: sex is supposed to move products. Or at the very least command attention.

 

I suppose in between combing the sand of their zen gardens and playing with mini nerf guns (or whatever else they bought on ThinkGeek last time), the ad execs have brainstorm pow wows and circle "heterosexual male" emphatically on the whiteboard.

post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfac73 View Post

Why is it that there are so many advertisments for hifi stuff which feature scantily clad sexy women? In my experience, sexy scantily clad women have no interest in audiophile stuff, or any interest in audiophiles. Am I just thinking about this the wrong way, because audiophiles have a great interest in hifi and scantily clad women? Should I just speak for myself?

Same reason car, liquor, clothing, etc advertisements have the same. Sex sells.

And it very much exists - anyone who's been around Computex can absolutely attest to that. I'm not meaning to pass judgment, just acknowledging that it's around. Not *all* companies engage in such aggressive advertising campaigns (just like not all car companies, liquor companies, clothing companies, etc engage in sex-driven advertising campaigns), but it's certainly out there.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

Well, there's always Tyll's Stereophile ads back when he owned HeadRoom. Take your pick. smile.gif



I laughed and cried at once - and suddenly the Hawaiian shirts aren't even registering on the "wow..." scale. ph34r.gif
post #9 of 10

I still have my headroom bag just like that one I bought a long time ago to carry my headroom supreme.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

Well, there's always Tyll's Stereophile ads back when he owned HeadRoom. Take your pick. smile.gif

 

post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post


Same reason car, liquor, clothing, etc advertisements have the same. Sex sells.

And it very much exists - anyone who's been around Computex can absolutely attest to that. I'm not meaning to pass judgment, just acknowledging that it's around. Not *all* companies engage in such aggressive advertising campaigns (just like not all car companies, liquor companies, clothing companies, etc engage in sex-driven advertising campaigns), but it's certainly out there.
I laughed and cried at once - and suddenly the Hawaiian shirts aren't even registering on the "wow..." scale. ph34r.gif

 

Back in the day when fanny - packs were umm, looking goLLod on Tyle 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home