i would buy
Related Forum Threads
- fidelio x2 vs grado r2i vs he400 vs others(hd650,hd600,t700) HELP!!!! Last post on 4/17/15 at 5:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Clear, balanced open-back headphones for under $300 Last post on 2/1/15 at 3:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT880 to what? Last post on 1/8/15 at 11:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Poor Man's LCD3? Last post on 10/8/14 at 11:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 1/15/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
Looking for a DAC/amp to drive HD650/HE-400 for the HTPC... - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yep. Internal amp on the STX. External amps connected to the line out (see my sig). And an HK 3390 with Energy Veritas speakers. The end result is that the ODAC did seem an improvement to me, with both headphones and the Energys. Now having tried the ODAC, it just seems to me for most people, it would be simpler just to avoid speculating about/predicting whether or not there could be issues, or having to troubleshoot problems after purchase.
Well, what I was mainly interested in is what the improvement exactly is. Is it related to actual audible noise (particularly noise that depends on system activity), or general sound quality (sound stage, bass, detail, etc.) that you assume is affected by computer noise ?
I would highly recommend the Asus Essence One. I've had the internal STX Xonar card for quite some time but the Essence totally blows it away. I use it as a USB DAC & Headphone amp for my HD 650's & it sounds great. I really like a nice sounding acoustic guitar & the Essence/HD650 combo just does a wonderful job with it. Great bass, plenty of top end & beautiful mid's. There are a couple of version of the Essence One, mine is the standard & cost £370
- Looking for a DAC/amp to drive HD650/HE-400 for the HTPC...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? just now
- › Aurender Flow 38 seconds ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 55 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 56 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 3 minutes ago
- › Having issue with DAC+Amp - Asus STU 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)