i would buy
Related Forum Threads
- Poor Man's LCD3? Last post on 10/8/14 at 11:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD650 vs HE-300/400 Last post on 7/24/14 at 9:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone upgrade Last post on 6/24/14 at 6:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Other headphones in the HD650 price range Last post on 6/19/14 at 6:40am in Headphones (full-size)
Integrated amplifiers. We all know what they are, right? The classic definition involves having a power amplifier and a preamplifier integrated into the same chassis. Hence the name. It...
Will keep this review short but these are my impressions after a week of listening to a range of FLAC and a few HD files of every main genre of music: Sources used: FiiO X5 Sony...
Take the well received Akg K545, and add 50 dollars for a mic, amp, nfc, battery and Bluetooth capability. Is it worth it? TLDR, if you don’t have an amp and/or want bluetooth, put this in your top...
This is my first review here. Previously owned Beyerdynamic DT 770 , Audio-Technica m20, Sennheiser Momentum on-ear. Stil have a pair of AKG k450. I exchanged Sennheiser Momentum on-ear for those...
Let’s get started :- BRAINWAVZ S0: Hitting the sweet spot This time round, BRAINWAVZ have a new earphone and it seems to be a subordinate of the S5. It seems like the folks over...
Looking for a DAC/amp to drive HD650/HE-400 for the HTPC... - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yep. Internal amp on the STX. External amps connected to the line out (see my sig). And an HK 3390 with Energy Veritas speakers. The end result is that the ODAC did seem an improvement to me, with both headphones and the Energys. Now having tried the ODAC, it just seems to me for most people, it would be simpler just to avoid speculating about/predicting whether or not there could be issues, or having to troubleshoot problems after purchase.
Well, what I was mainly interested in is what the improvement exactly is. Is it related to actual audible noise (particularly noise that depends on system activity), or general sound quality (sound stage, bass, detail, etc.) that you assume is affected by computer noise ?
I would highly recommend the Asus Essence One. I've had the internal STX Xonar card for quite some time but the Essence totally blows it away. I use it as a USB DAC & Headphone amp for my HD 650's & it sounds great. I really like a nice sounding acoustic guitar & the Essence/HD650 combo just does a wonderful job with it. Great bass, plenty of top end & beautiful mid's. There are a couple of version of the Essence One, mine is the standard & cost £370
- Looking for a DAC/amp to drive HD650/HE-400 for the HTPC...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 3 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi! (35%OFF discount... 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Resolution Audio Cantata Music Center DAC/CD Player 5 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by cs098
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by bodopopa
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by suman134
- › VSONIC GR07 by nikhilthecupid
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by mlthelasher
- › Takstar TS-671 by paal0
- › Geben iDA-1 Portable Amp/DAC for iDevices by JoeDoe
- › Fischer Audio Consonance V2 by fonzler
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)