i would buy
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for FiiO X3? Last post on 7/29/14 at 5:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for around $500 for Jazz Last post on 5/1/14 at 11:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD-650 vs HE-500 vs HE-400i vs HD-598 Last post on 4/29/14 at 7:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Alternative to the HE400 Last post on 4/27/14 at 4:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice - The choice between the HE-400 and the HD650 Last post on 4/3/14 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Looking for a DAC/amp to drive HD650/HE-400 for the HTPC... - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yep. Internal amp on the STX. External amps connected to the line out (see my sig). And an HK 3390 with Energy Veritas speakers. The end result is that the ODAC did seem an improvement to me, with both headphones and the Energys. Now having tried the ODAC, it just seems to me for most people, it would be simpler just to avoid speculating about/predicting whether or not there could be issues, or having to troubleshoot problems after purchase.
Well, what I was mainly interested in is what the improvement exactly is. Is it related to actual audible noise (particularly noise that depends on system activity), or general sound quality (sound stage, bass, detail, etc.) that you assume is affected by computer noise ?
I would highly recommend the Asus Essence One. I've had the internal STX Xonar card for quite some time but the Essence totally blows it away. I use it as a USB DAC & Headphone amp for my HD 650's & it sounds great. I really like a nice sounding acoustic guitar & the Essence/HD650 combo just does a wonderful job with it. Great bass, plenty of top end & beautiful mid's. There are a couple of version of the Essence One, mine is the standard & cost £370
- Looking for a DAC/amp to drive HD650/HE-400 for the HTPC...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 49 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › WTB: Schiit Mjolnir amp (230V version) 4 minutes ago
- › Thursday July 31st Stereo Exchange on Broadway has a Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 headphones, mint condition 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › JBL Synchros S700. Why no talk? 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)