i would buy
Related Forum Threads
- fidelio x2 vs grado r2i vs he400 vs others(hd650,hd600,t700) HELP!!!! Last post on 2/10/15 at 12:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Clear, balanced open-back headphones for under $300 Last post on 2/1/15 at 3:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT880 to what? Last post on 1/8/15 at 11:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Poor Man's LCD3? Last post on 10/8/14 at 11:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 1/15/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Looking for a DAC/amp to drive HD650/HE-400 for the HTPC... - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yep. Internal amp on the STX. External amps connected to the line out (see my sig). And an HK 3390 with Energy Veritas speakers. The end result is that the ODAC did seem an improvement to me, with both headphones and the Energys. Now having tried the ODAC, it just seems to me for most people, it would be simpler just to avoid speculating about/predicting whether or not there could be issues, or having to troubleshoot problems after purchase.
Well, what I was mainly interested in is what the improvement exactly is. Is it related to actual audible noise (particularly noise that depends on system activity), or general sound quality (sound stage, bass, detail, etc.) that you assume is affected by computer noise ?
I would highly recommend the Asus Essence One. I've had the internal STX Xonar card for quite some time but the Essence totally blows it away. I use it as a USB DAC & Headphone amp for my HD 650's & it sounds great. I really like a nice sounding acoustic guitar & the Essence/HD650 combo just does a wonderful job with it. Great bass, plenty of top end & beautiful mid's. There are a couple of version of the Essence One, mine is the standard & cost £370
- Looking for a DAC/amp to drive HD650/HE-400 for the HTPC...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 2 minutes ago
- › Matrix Mini-i Pro Impressions? 3 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 4 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 5 minutes ago
- › Competition Closed...but what is in the Retro – Stereo 50? 5 minutes ago
- › Ergonomic perfection? Yes, at a price. The Linum "Super Balanced"... 7 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Garage 1217 "Project Ember" VS Schiit Lyr 2 8 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2