- 2 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productKoss RUK 50P Full-Sized Stereophone with Leatherette Cushions for Enhanced Sound, Pinktagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productMemorex DJ100 Ampgear Pro Series Thermoform Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
Related Forum Threads
- Most under-rated headphones... Last post on 1/13/15 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon DN-HP700 Review and comparison to the AH-D7000 Last post on 1/18/14 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 2/17/15 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Strong Bass Headphones Under $200post #1 of 52/1/13 at 7:39pmThread StarterAye, I was wondering what some good bass headphones are that are under $200 and work well with an iPod. I like beats for their bass, but the sound isn't great and they're overpriced. I'm looking for headphones that will get me pumped before my basketball games. Any suggestions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 52/1/13 at 9:30pm
Feels like I might be over recommending this to new members of head-fi... but for me personally, the mdr-v6 from sony has clean, crisp bass. Might take a few hours (burn-in/adjusting to sound sig) to get used to if you've had lower tier phones. Well the few hours is so that you can A/B the other phone later and be slapped in the face lol. I wouldn't say that these are fart cannons at all though.post #3 of 52/1/13 at 9:55pmpost #4 of 52/1/13 at 10:01pmThread StarterI've been looking at some ultrasones, but which ones, which ones would work best with my iPod touch 5g. There aren't any portable amps compatable with it, so I need something that will work good without one.post #5 of 52/1/13 at 10:16pmI'm inclined to point you towards the Koss Ruk50. Yes I realize they're around 1/4th of your budget, yes I realize they look kind of dorky, and yes I realize that Koss has a stigma attached to them because they put out a lot of junk in the 1990s. None of that changes these being very good bassy cans, which provide acceptable isolation for mobile use, are comfortable, and will run straight out of your portable (the 1/8" plug, however, is not OtterCase friendly - it's kind of fat). And yes, they sound better than the Beats (at least the ones I've heard), are more comfortable, and cost considerably less. And did I mention the lifetime warranty? (Because that's also a thing with these). One thing worth considering - the Ruk50 do not come with a pouch or case, however the Bose TriPort/AE2 pouch is a perfect fit, and only costs $8.
Other suggestions, if you want a different aesthetic, would include the Creative Aurvana Live and Bose AE2. Both cost more, and provide a more "grown up" experience (looks, and sound). If you want a lot of bump in the trunk, the Ruk50 will go further towards that goal - if you want a more leveled out listening experience, the Creative and Bose are better candidates.
Regarding Ultrasone - my experience is more with their open headphones. I think both of them are stellar, but neither is appropriate for mobile use. The HFI-780 and DJ1 seem to be popular as closed-back models, but I have no opinion on their sound. Both fit into your price range though, and from specs should have no problem with your iPod.
- Strong Bass Headphones Under $200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › X3 1st gen new firmware news? 44 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 4 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 8 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 10 minutes ago
- › Definitive technology (DefTech) symphony 1 11 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 11 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 12 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)