- 2 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productKoss RUK 50P Full-Sized Stereophone with Leatherette Cushions for Enhanced Sound, Pinktagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productMemorex DJ100 Ampgear Pro Series Thermoform Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
Related Forum Threads
- Most under-rated headphones... Last post on 4/20/16 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon DN-HP700 Review and comparison to the AH-D7000 Last post on 1/17/16 at 4:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
Strong Bass Headphones Under $200post #1 of 52/1/13 at 7:39pmThread StarterAye, I was wondering what some good bass headphones are that are under $200 and work well with an iPod. I like beats for their bass, but the sound isn't great and they're overpriced. I'm looking for headphones that will get me pumped before my basketball games. Any suggestions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 52/1/13 at 9:30pm
Feels like I might be over recommending this to new members of head-fi... but for me personally, the mdr-v6 from sony has clean, crisp bass. Might take a few hours (burn-in/adjusting to sound sig) to get used to if you've had lower tier phones. Well the few hours is so that you can A/B the other phone later and be slapped in the face lol. I wouldn't say that these are fart cannons at all though.post #3 of 52/1/13 at 9:55pmpost #4 of 52/1/13 at 10:01pmThread StarterI've been looking at some ultrasones, but which ones, which ones would work best with my iPod touch 5g. There aren't any portable amps compatable with it, so I need something that will work good without one.post #5 of 52/1/13 at 10:16pmI'm inclined to point you towards the Koss Ruk50. Yes I realize they're around 1/4th of your budget, yes I realize they look kind of dorky, and yes I realize that Koss has a stigma attached to them because they put out a lot of junk in the 1990s. None of that changes these being very good bassy cans, which provide acceptable isolation for mobile use, are comfortable, and will run straight out of your portable (the 1/8" plug, however, is not OtterCase friendly - it's kind of fat). And yes, they sound better than the Beats (at least the ones I've heard), are more comfortable, and cost considerably less. And did I mention the lifetime warranty? (Because that's also a thing with these). One thing worth considering - the Ruk50 do not come with a pouch or case, however the Bose TriPort/AE2 pouch is a perfect fit, and only costs $8.
Other suggestions, if you want a different aesthetic, would include the Creative Aurvana Live and Bose AE2. Both cost more, and provide a more "grown up" experience (looks, and sound). If you want a lot of bump in the trunk, the Ruk50 will go further towards that goal - if you want a more leveled out listening experience, the Creative and Bose are better candidates.
Regarding Ultrasone - my experience is more with their open headphones. I think both of them are stellar, but neither is appropriate for mobile use. The HFI-780 and DJ1 seem to be popular as closed-back models, but I have no opinion on their sound. Both fit into your price range though, and from specs should have no problem with your iPod.
- Strong Bass Headphones Under $200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › KENNERTON VALI - IMPRESSIONS, DISCUSSION, TOUR 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a sleek/clean/simple Audio corner setup... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 4 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 6 minutes ago
- › Marshall London - Audiophile smartphone 7 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 7 minutes ago
- › The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone) 7 minutes ago
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...