- 2 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productKoss RUK 50P Full-Sized Stereophone with Leatherette Cushions for Enhanced Sound, Pinktagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productMemorex DJ100 Ampgear Pro Series Thermoform Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
Related Forum Threads
- Most under-rated headphones... Last post on 4/20/16 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon DN-HP700 Review and comparison to the AH-D7000 Last post on 1/17/16 at 4:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
Strong Bass Headphones Under $200post #1 of 52/1/13 at 7:39pmThread StarterAye, I was wondering what some good bass headphones are that are under $200 and work well with an iPod. I like beats for their bass, but the sound isn't great and they're overpriced. I'm looking for headphones that will get me pumped before my basketball games. Any suggestions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 52/1/13 at 9:30pm
Feels like I might be over recommending this to new members of head-fi... but for me personally, the mdr-v6 from sony has clean, crisp bass. Might take a few hours (burn-in/adjusting to sound sig) to get used to if you've had lower tier phones. Well the few hours is so that you can A/B the other phone later and be slapped in the face lol. I wouldn't say that these are fart cannons at all though.post #3 of 52/1/13 at 9:55pmpost #4 of 52/1/13 at 10:01pmThread StarterI've been looking at some ultrasones, but which ones, which ones would work best with my iPod touch 5g. There aren't any portable amps compatable with it, so I need something that will work good without one.post #5 of 52/1/13 at 10:16pmI'm inclined to point you towards the Koss Ruk50. Yes I realize they're around 1/4th of your budget, yes I realize they look kind of dorky, and yes I realize that Koss has a stigma attached to them because they put out a lot of junk in the 1990s. None of that changes these being very good bassy cans, which provide acceptable isolation for mobile use, are comfortable, and will run straight out of your portable (the 1/8" plug, however, is not OtterCase friendly - it's kind of fat). And yes, they sound better than the Beats (at least the ones I've heard), are more comfortable, and cost considerably less. And did I mention the lifetime warranty? (Because that's also a thing with these). One thing worth considering - the Ruk50 do not come with a pouch or case, however the Bose TriPort/AE2 pouch is a perfect fit, and only costs $8.
Other suggestions, if you want a different aesthetic, would include the Creative Aurvana Live and Bose AE2. Both cost more, and provide a more "grown up" experience (looks, and sound). If you want a lot of bump in the trunk, the Ruk50 will go further towards that goal - if you want a more leveled out listening experience, the Creative and Bose are better candidates.
Regarding Ultrasone - my experience is more with their open headphones. I think both of them are stellar, but neither is appropriate for mobile use. The HFI-780 and DJ1 seem to be popular as closed-back models, but I have no opinion on their sound. Both fit into your price range though, and from specs should have no problem with your iPod.
- Strong Bass Headphones Under $200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 25 seconds ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 45 seconds ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 1 minute ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 5 minutes ago
- › Need some advice/help on picking between the ATH R70x and the ATH... 6 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 7 minutes ago
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...