Any hints/tips/suggestions are welcome!
Story: I game ALOT (all kinds, basically almost every type) but not hardcore, I love music and I love movies on bluray. I'm new to computer building and not an audiophile either but I love good sounds. I've been researching about computer parts for a while now and I'm almost about finished until I got to the audio section of the build. A few friends could only suggest brands so I've been looking around many forums for about 2 weeks now and I'm still totally lost.
My setup so far concerning the audio department is:
Motherboard: ASUS Z77 maximus V formula
Headphone: Sennheiser HD 380 pro
Speakers: None, but I want to have
Mic: None, any decent mic will do ok for me
- The mobo because it's a z77 and has built-in soundcard (although I don't mind buying a separate soundcard if a better build asks for it)
- The headphone because it's closed type and I want to hear good quality explosions in games and movies.
The mobo has a good soundcard (newegg video said) but I got a few questions.
1. If I'm going to use the HD 380 pro, do I need any amps? and If I do, what kind(s)? do I need a mixamp? Is that the same as headphone amp?
2. Will the built-in soundcard on the mobo be enough for the HD 380 pro?
3. Will amps increase sound quality?
4. Do you have any suggestion for good speakers? Which is better, 5.1 or 7.1 for speakers?
Edited by ChubbyRain - 2/1/13 at 8:19pm